Urban-rural imbalance and Tourism-Led Growth in China
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Francisco J. Buera & Joseph P. Kaboski & Yongseok Shin, 2011.
"Finance and Development: A Tale of Two Sectors,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 101(5), pages 1964-2002, August.
- Yongseok Shin & Joe Kaboski & Francisco J. Buera, 2008. "Finance and Development: A Tale of Two Sectors," 2008 Meeting Papers 955, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Francisco J. Buera & Joseph Kaboski & Yongseok Shin, 2009. "Finance and Development: A Tale of Two Sectors," NBER Working Papers 14914, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- R. Brau & A. Lanza & F. Pigliaru, 2006.
"How fast are small tourist countries growing? The 1980-2003 evidence,"
Working Paper CRENoS
200614, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Francesco Pigliaru & Rinaldo Brau & Alessandro Lanza, 2007. "How Fast are Small Tourist Countries Growing? The 1980-2003 Evidence," Working Papers 2007.1, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Ndivo, Rayviscic Mutinda & Cantoni, Lorenzo, 2016. "Rethinking local community involvement in tourism development," Annals of Tourism Research, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 275-278.
- Aliye Ahu AkgÃ¼n & TÃ¼zin Baycan & Peter Nijkamp, 2015. "Rethinking on Sustainable Rural Development," European Planning Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(4), pages 678-692, April.
- Xiwen Chen, 2009. "Review of China's agricultural and rural development: policy changes and current issues," China Agricultural Economic Review, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 1(2), pages 121-135, January.
- Adamos Adamou & Sofronis Clerides, 2010.
"Prospects and Limits of Tourism-Led Growth: The International Evidence,"
Review of Economic Analysis,
Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis, vol. 2(3), pages 287-303, September.
- Adamos Adamou & Sofronis Clerides, 2009. "Prospects and Limits of Tourism-Led Growth: The International Evidence," Working Paper series 41_09, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Brau, Rinaldo & Lanza, Alessandro & Pigliaru, Francesco, 2007. "How Fast are Small Tourism Countries Growing? Evidence from the Data for 1980–2003," MPRA Paper 82776, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:eee:touman:v:32:y:2011:i:4:p:922-933 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gustafsson, Bjorn & Shi, Li, 2002. "Income inequality within and across counties in rural China 1988 and 1995," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 179-204, October.
- Inchausti-Sintes, Federico, 2015. "Tourism: Economic growth, employment and Dutch Disease," Annals of Tourism Research, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 172-189.
- Jacint Balaguer & Manuel Cantavella-Jorda, 2002.
"Tourism as a long-run economic growth factor: the Spanish case,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(7), pages 877-884.
- Jacint Balaguer & Manuel Cantavella-Jordá, 2000. "Tourism As A Long-Run Economic Growth Factor: The Spanish Case," Working Papers. Serie EC 2000-10, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Zhu, Nong, 2002. "The impacts of income gaps on migration decisions in China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 13(2-3), pages 213-230.
- Terry Sicular & Yue Ximing & Björn Gustafsson & Li Shi, 2007.
"The Urban-Rural Income Gap And Inequality In China,"
Review of Income and Wealth,
International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 53(1), pages 93-126, March.
- Sicular, Terry & Yue, Ximing & Gustafsson, Bjorn & Li, Shi, 2006. "The Urban-Rural Income Gap and Inequality in China," WIDER Working Paper Series 135, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Zoltán J. Ács, 2002. "Innovation and the Growth of Cities," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 2656.
- Vollrath, Dietrich, 2009. "How important are dual economy effects for aggregate productivity?," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(2), pages 325-334, March.
- Nickell, Stephen J, 1981. "Biases in Dynamic Models with Fixed Effects," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(6), pages 1417-1426, November.
- Beaudry, Catherine & Schiffauerova, Andrea, 2009. "Who's right, Marshall or Jacobs? The localization versus urbanization debate," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 318-337, March.
- Dandan Zhang & Xin Li & Jinjun Xue, 2015. "Education Inequality between Rural and Urban Areas of the People's Republic of China, Migrants’ Children Education, and Some Implications," Asian Development Review, MIT Press, vol. 32(1), pages 196-224, March.
- Pratt, Stephen, 2015. "The economic impact of tourism in SIDS," Annals of Tourism Research, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 148-160.
- Lee, Chien-Chiang & Chien, Mei-Se, 2008. "Structural breaks, tourism development, and economic growth: Evidence from Taiwan," Mathematics and Computers in Simulation (MATCOM), Elsevier, vol. 77(4), pages 358-368.
- Arslanturk, Yalcin & Balcilar, Mehmet & Ozdemir, Zeynel Abidin, 2011.
"Time-varying linkages between tourism receipts and economic growth in a small open economy,"
Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 664-671.
- Arslanturk, Yalcin & Balcilar, Mehmet & Ozdemir, Zeynel Abidin, 2011. "Time-varying linkages between tourism receipts and economic growth in a small open economy," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(1-2), pages 664-671, January.
- Han, Chirok & Phillips, Peter C. B., 2010.
"Gmm Estimation For Dynamic Panels With Fixed Effects And Strong Instruments At Unity,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 26(01), pages 119-151, February.
- Chirok Han & Peter C.B. Phillips, 2007. "GMM Estimation for Dynamic Panels with Fixed Effects and Strong Instruments at Unity," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1599, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Lokman Gunduz & Abdulnasser Hatemi-J, 2005. "Is the tourism-led growth hypothesis valid for Turkey?," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(8), pages 499-504.
- Zhenhua Chen & Kingsley Haynes, 2015. "Multilevel assessment of public transportation infrastructure: a spatial econometric computable general equilibrium approach," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 54(3), pages 663-685, May.
- repec:eee:touman:v:52:y:2016:i:c:p:405-415 is not listed on IDEAS
- Francesco Pigliaru & Alessandro Lanza, 2003. "How fast are the tourism countries growing? The international evidence, 1980-95," ERSA conference papers ersa03p234, European Regional Science Association.
- Holzner, Mario, 2011.
"Tourism and economic development: The beach disease?,"
Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 922-933.
- Mario Holzner, 2010. "Tourism and Economic Development: the Beach Disease?," wiiw Working Papers 66, The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies, wiiw.
- R. Brau & A. Lanza & F. Pigliaru, 2003. "How fast are tourism countries growing? The cross country evidence," Working Paper CRENoS 200309, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Xiaobing Wang & Jenifer Piesse, 2010. "Inequality and the Urban-rural Divide in China: Effects of Regressive Taxation," China & World Economy, Institute of World Economics and Politics, Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, vol. 18(6), pages 36-55.
- Tiago Neves Sequeira & Paulo Macas Nunes, 2008. "Does tourism influence economic growth? A dynamic panel data approach," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(18), pages 2431-2441.
- Jie Zhang & Bjarne Madsen & Chris Jensen-Butler, 2007. "Regional Economic Impacts of Tourism: The Case of Denmark," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(6), pages 839-854.
- M. Thea Sinclair, 1998. "Tourism and economic development: A survey," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(5), pages 1-51.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:gam:jlands:v:7:y:2018:i:1:p:20-:d:129737 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsUrban-rural imbalance; Dual economy; Tourism-Led Growth; Moderating effects; Threshold effects; China;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:anture:v:64:y:2017:i:c:p:24-36. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/annals-of-tourism-research/ .