The economic growth impact of tourism in Small Island Developing Statesâ€”evidence from the Caribbean
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Robert J. Barro, 2013. "Inflation and Economic Growth," Annals of Economics and Finance, Society for AEF, vol. 14(1), pages 121-144, May.
- Daron Acemoglu & Simon Johnson, 2007.
"Disease and Development: The Effect of Life Expectancy on Economic Growth,"
Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 115(6), pages 925-985, December.
- Daron Acemoglu & Simon Johnson, 2006. "Disease and Development: The Effect of Life Expectancy on Economic Growth," NBER Working Papers 12269, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Arellano, Manuel & Bover, Olympia, 1995.
"Another look at the instrumental variable estimation of error-components models,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 29-51, July.
- M Arellano & O Bover, 1990. "Another Look at the Instrumental Variable Estimation of Error-Components Models," CEP Discussion Papers dp0007, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- David Roodman, 2009.
"How to do xtabond2: An introduction to difference and system GMM in Stata,"
Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 9(1), pages 86-136, March.
- David Roodman, 2006. "How to Do xtabond2: An Introduction to "Difference" and "System" GMM in Stata," Working Papers 103, Center for Global Development.
- David H. Romer & Jeffrey A. Frankel, 1999. "Does Trade Cause Growth?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(3), pages 379-399, June.
- Hausman, Jerry, 2015.
"Specification tests in econometrics,"
Applied Econometrics, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration (RANEPA), vol. 38(2), pages 112-134.
- Blundell, Richard & Bond, Stephen, 1998.
"Initial conditions and moment restrictions in dynamic panel data models,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 115-143, August.
- R Blundell & Steven Bond, "undated". "Initial conditions and moment restrictions in dynamic panel data model," Economics Papers W14&104., Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Blundell, R. & Bond, S., 1995. "Initial Conditions and Moment Restrictions in Dynamic Panel Data Models," Economics Papers 104, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Richard Blundell & Stephen Bond, 1995. "Initial conditions and moment restrictions in dynamic panel data models," IFS Working Papers W95/17, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Pratt, Stephen, 2015. "The economic impact of tourism in SIDS," Annals of Tourism Research, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 148-160.
- David Dollar & Craig Burnside, 2000. "Aid, Policies, and Growth," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(4), pages 847-868, September.
- Robert E. Baldwin, 2004.
"Openness and Growth: What's the Empirical Relationship?,"
NBER Chapters, in: Challenges to Globalization: Analyzing the Economics, pages 499-526,
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert E. Baldwin, 2003. "Openness and Growth: What's the Empirical Relationship?," NBER Working Papers 9578, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Khan, Mohsin S. & Reinhart, Carmen M., 1990.
"Private investment and economic growth in developing countries,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 19-27, January.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Khan, Mohsin, 1989. "Private investment and economic growth in developing countries," MPRA Paper 13655, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Levine, Ross & Renelt, David, 1992.
"A Sensitivity Analysis of Cross-Country Growth Regressions,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 82(4), pages 942-963, September.
- Levine, Ross & Renelt, David, 1991. "A sensitivity analysis of cross-country growth regressions," Policy Research Working Paper Series 609, The World Bank.
- Francesco Pigliaru & Alessandro Lanza, 2003. "How fast are the tourism countries growing? The international evidence, 1980-95," ERSA conference papers ersa03p234, European Regional Science Association.
- David Roodman, 2009. "A Note on the Theme of Too Many Instruments," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 71(1), pages 135-158, February.
- Rinaldo Brau & Alessandro Lanza & Francesco Pigliaru, 2003.
"How Fast are the Tourism Countries Growing? The cross-country evidence,"
2003.85, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- R. Brau & A. Lanza & F. Pigliaru, 2003. "How fast are tourism countries growing? The cross country evidence," Working Paper CRENoS 200309, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Tiago Neves Sequeira & Paulo Macas Nunes, 2008. "Does tourism influence economic growth? A dynamic panel data approach," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(18), pages 2431-2441.
- Hansen, Henrik & Tarp, Finn, 2001. "Aid and growth regressions," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(2), pages 547-570, April.
- Ulrich Gunter & M. Graziano Ceddia & David Leonard & Bernhard Tröster, 2018. "Contribution of international ecotourism to comprehensive economic development and convergence in the Central American and Caribbean region," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 50(33), pages 3614-3629, July.
- Bangwayo-Skeete, Prosper F. & Skeete, Ryan W., 2015. "Can Google data improve the forecasting performance of tourist arrivals? Mixed-data sampling approach," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 454-464.
- Colin Cannonier & Monica Galloway Burke, 2017. "Tourism and financial development in small states," Tourism Economics, , vol. 23(6), pages 1369-1377, September.
- Nita Thacker & Sebastian Acevedo Mejia & Roberto Perrelli, 2012. "Caribbean Growth in an International Perspective; The Role of Tourism and Size," IMF Working Papers 12/235, International Monetary Fund.
- Manuel Arellano & Stephen Bond, 1991.
"Some Tests of Specification for Panel Data: Monte Carlo Evidence and an Application to Employment Equations,"
Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 58(2), pages 277-297.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS program to replicate Arellano-Bond 1991 dynamic panel," Statistical Software Components RTZ00169, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Schubert, Stefan Franz & Brida, Juan Gabriel & Risso, Wiston Adrián, 2011. "The impacts of international tourism demand on economic growth of small economies dependent on tourism," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 377-385.
- Nicholas Apergis & James E. Payne, 2012. "Tourism and Growth in the Caribbean â€“ Evidence from a Panel Error Correction Model," Tourism Economics, , vol. 18(2), pages 449-456, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jean-François Hoarau, 2020. "Is international tourism responsible for the pandemic of COVID-19? A preliminary cross-country analysis with a special focus on small islands," TEPP Working Paper 2020-04, TEPP.
- Rossana Santos & Rui Alexandre Castanho & Sérgio Lousada, 2019. "Return Migration and Tourism Sustainability in Portugal: Extracting Opportunities for Sustainable Common Planning in Southern Europe," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(22), pages 1-1, November.
- Jean-FranÃ§ois Hoarau, 2020. "Is international tourism responsible for the pandemic of COVID-19? A very preliminary assessment with a special focus on small islands," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 40(3), pages 2395-2407.
- Anca Băndoi & Elena Jianu & Maria Enescu & Gheorghe Axinte & Sorin Tudor & Daniela Firoiu, 2020. "The Relationship between Development of Tourism, Quality of Life and Sustainable Performance in EU Countries," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(4), pages 1-1, February.
- Xueying Huang & Yuanjun Han & Xuhong Gong & Xiangyan Liu, 2020. "Does the belt and road initiative stimulate Chinaâ€™s inbound tourist market? An empirical study using the gravity model with a DID method," Tourism Economics, , vol. 26(2), pages 299-323, March.
More about this item
KeywordsCaribbean economies; economic growth; instrumental variables (IV); international tourism; panel data; system generalized method of moments (GMM); tourism receipts; tourist arrivals;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sae:toueco:v:25:y:2019:i:1:p:85-108. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.