Tourism and Growth in the Caribbean â€“ Evidence from a Panel Error Correction Model
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Paolo Figini & Laura Vici, 2010.
"Tourism and Growth in a Cross Section of Countries,"
Tourism Economics, , vol. 16(4), pages 789-805, December.
- Paolo Figini & Laura Vici, 2009. "Tourism and Growth in a Cross-Section of Countries," Working Paper series 01_09, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sadia Bano & Mehtab Alam & Anwar Khan & Lu Liu, 2021. "The nexus of tourism, renewable energy, income, and environmental quality: an empirical analysis of Pakistan," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 23(10), pages 14854-14877, October.
- Colin Cannonier & Monica Galloway Burke, 2019. "The economic growth impact of tourism in Small Island Developing Statesâ€”evidence from the Caribbean," Tourism Economics, , vol. 25(1), pages 85-108, February.
- Adamopoulos, Antonios, 2021. "A System Equation Model for Tourism and Economic Growth," Economia Internazionale / International Economics, Camera di Commercio Industria Artigianato Agricoltura di Genova, vol. 74(3), pages 311-334.
- Johnella Bradshaw & Simron Jit Singh & Su-Yin Tan & Tomer Fishman & Kristen Pott, 2020. "GIS-Based Material Stock Analysis (MSA) of Climate Vulnerabilities to the Tourism Industry in Antigua and Barbuda," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 12(19), pages 1-22, September.
- Can Tansel TUGCU & Mert TOPCU, 2018. "The impact of carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions on tourism: Does the source of emission matter?," Theoretical and Applied Economics, Asociatia Generala a Economistilor din Romania - AGER, vol. 0(1(614), S), pages 125-136, Spring.
- Alam Rehman & Amir Ishaque & Shumaila Malik & Shams Ur Rehman & Arif Hussain & Muhammad Khan & Muhammad Zeeshan & Fakhr E. Alam Afridi, 2021. "Exploring Asymmetric Nexus Between Tourism, Economic Growth and CO2 Emissions in the Context of Pakistan," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 11(3), pages 338-345.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Rainer Andergassen & Guido Candela & Paolo Figini, 2017. "The management of tourism destinations," Tourism Economics, , vol. 23(1), pages 49-65, February.
- Chia-Lin Chang & Thanchanok Khamkaew & Michael McAleer, 2012.
"IV Estimation of a Panel Threshold Model of Tourism Specialization and Economic Development,"
Tourism Economics, , vol. 18(1), pages 5-41, February.
- Chia-Lin Chang & Thanchanok Khamkaew & Michael McAleer, 2010. "IV Estimation of a Panel Threshold Model of Tourism Specialization and Economic Development," KIER Working Papers 708, Kyoto University, Institute of Economic Research.
- Chia-Lin Chang & Thanchanok Khamkaew & Michael McAleer, 2010. "IV Estimation of a Panel Threshold Model of Tourism Specialization and Economic Development," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-732, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Chia-Lin Chang & Thanchanok Khamkaew & Michael McAleer, 2010. "IV Estimation of a Panel Threshold Model of Tourism Specialization and Economic Development," Working Papers in Economics 10/13, University of Canterbury, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Chang, C-L. & Khamkaew, T. & McAleer, M.J., 2010. "IV Estimation of a Panel Threshold Model of Tourism Specialization and Economic Development," Econometric Institute Research Papers EI 2010-30, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- Adriana Csikosova & Katarina Culkova & Erik Weiss & Maria Janoskova, 2021. "Evaluation of Market with Accommodation Facilities Considering Risk Influence—Case Study Slovakia," JRFM, MDPI, vol. 14(5), pages 1-17, May.
- Raffaele Paci & Emanuela Marrocu, 2014.
"Tourism and regional growth in Europe,"
Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 93, pages 25-50, November.
- E. Marrocu & R. Paci, 2012. "Tourism and regional growth in Europe," Working Paper CRENoS 201235, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Raffaele Paci & Emanuela Marrocu, 2013. "Tourism and regional growth in Europe," ERSA conference papers ersa13p40, European Regional Science Association.
- Marrocu, Emanuela & Paci, Raffaele & Zara, Andrea, 2015. "Micro-economic determinants of tourist expenditure: A quantile regression approach," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 13-30.
- David Perrain & Philippe Jean-Pierre, 2019. "The smart destination strategy, a key factor for changes in vulnerable tourist destinations? [La stratégie de destination intelligente, facteur clé des mutations des destinations touristiques vulné," Post-Print hal-02144769, HAL.
- Manuel Vanegas Sr & William Gartner & Benjamin Senauer, 2015. "Tourism and Poverty Reduction: An Economic Sector Analysis for Costa Rica and Nicaragua," Tourism Economics, , vol. 21(1), pages 159-182, February.
- Ceyhun Can OZCAN & Murat ASLAN & Saban NAZLIOGLU, 2017. "Economic freedom, economic growth and international tourism for post-communist (transition) countries: A panel causality analysis," Theoretical and Applied Economics, Asociatia Generala a Economistilor din Romania - AGER, vol. 0(2(611), S), pages 75-98, Summer.
- Luis Delfim Santos & Ana Catarina Vieira, 2020. "Tourism and regional development: a spatial econometric model for Portugal at municipal level," Portuguese Economic Journal, Springer;Instituto Superior de Economia e Gestao, vol. 19(3), pages 285-299, September.
- Akama, Erick, 2016. "International tourism receipts and economic growth in Kenya 1980 -2013," MPRA Paper 78110, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bo Zhou & Yanping Xu & Seul Ki Lee, 2019. "Tourism development and regional production efficiency: Evidence from southwestern China," Tourism Economics, , vol. 25(5), pages 800-818, August.
- Stanislav H. Ivanov & Craig Webster, 2013. "Tourism's Contribution to Economic Growth: A Global Analysis for the First Decade of the Millennium," Tourism Economics, , vol. 19(3), pages 477-508, June.
- Carmen MarÃa Llorca-RodrÃguez & Amalia Cristina Casas-Jurado & Rosa MarÃa GarcÃa-FernÃ¡ndez, 2016. "The Regional Polarization of Tourism's Contribution to Economic Growth in Peru: Alternative Solutions," Tourism Economics, , vol. 22(2), pages 397-415, April.
- Taotao Deng & Mulan Ma & Shuai Shao, 2014. "Research Note: Has International Tourism Promoted Economic Growth in China? A Panel Threshold Regression Approach," Tourism Economics, , vol. 20(4), pages 911-917, August.
- Benzarour, Choukri & satour, rachid, 2016. "السياحة والنمو الاقتصادي في الجزائر : الأدلة من التكامل المشترك و تحليل السببية [Tourism and economic growth in Algeria: Evidence of Cointegration and causal analysis]," MPRA Paper 78731, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nizar, Muhammad Afdi, 2011. "Pengaruh Pariwisata Terhadap Pertumbuhan Ekonomi Di Indonesia [Tourism Effect On Economic Growth In Indonesia]," MPRA Paper 65628, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jayaraman, Tiru & Choong, Chee-Keong & Fatt Ng, Cheong & Bhatt, Markand, 2017. "Tourism-Growth Nexus in the South Pacific Islands: Role of Financial Sector Development as a Contingent Factor An Empirical Study of Fiji: 1980-2014," MPRA Paper 79461, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jorge Ridderstaat & Robertico Croes, 2013. "The Force Field of Tourism," Review of Economic Analysis, Digital Initiatives at the University of Waterloo Library, vol. 5(1), pages 1-24, June.
- Andergassen, Rainer & Candela, Guido & Figini, Paolo, 2013. "An economic model for tourism destinations: Product sophistication and price coordination," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 86-98.
- Camelia Surugiu & Marius Razvan Surugiu, 2013. "Is the Tourism Sector Supportive of Economic Growth? Empirical Evidence on Romanian Tourism," Tourism Economics, , vol. 19(1), pages 115-132, February.
More about this item
Keywordstourism arrivals; real GDP; real exchange rate; Granger-causality; Caribbean;
All these keywords.
- I18 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Government Policy; Regulation; Public Health
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sae:toueco:v:18:y:2012:i:2:p:449-456. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: SAGE Publications (email available below). General contact details of provider: .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.