Tourism Development And Economic Growth In Developing Countries
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Pedroni, Peter, 2004.
"Panel Cointegration: Asymptotic And Finite Sample Properties Of Pooled Time Series Tests With An Application To The Ppp Hypothesis,"
Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 20(3), pages 597-625, June.
- Peter Pedroni, 2004. "Panel Cointegration: Asymptotic and Finite Sample Properties of Pooled Time Series Tests with an Application to the PPP Hypothesis," Department of Economics Working Papers 2004-15, Department of Economics, Williams College.
- Jacint Balaguer & Manuel Cantavella-Jorda, 2002.
"Tourism as a long-run economic growth factor: the Spanish case,"
Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(7), pages 877-884.
- Jacint Balaguer & Manuel Cantavella-Jordá, 2000. "Tourism As A Long-Run Economic Growth Factor: The Spanish Case," Working Papers. Serie EC 2000-10, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Im, Kyung So & Pesaran, M. Hashem & Shin, Yongcheol, 2003.
"Testing for unit roots in heterogeneous panels,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 115(1), pages 53-74, July.
- Pasaran, M.H. & Im, K.S. & Shin, Y., 1995. "Testing for Unit Roots in Heterogeneous Panels," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 9526, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "IPSHIN: RATS procedure to implement Im, Pesaran and Shin panel unit root test," Statistical Software Components RTS00098, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Engle, Robert & Granger, Clive, 2015.
"Co-integration and error correction: Representation, estimation, and testing,"
Applied Econometrics, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration (RANEPA), vol. 39(3), pages 106-135.
- Engle, Robert F & Granger, Clive W J, 1987. "Co-integration and Error Correction: Representation, Estimation, and Testing," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(2), pages 251-276, March.
- Po, Wan-Chen & Huang, Bwo-Nung, 2008. "Tourism development and economic growth–a nonlinear approach," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 387(22), pages 5535-5542.
- Arslanturk, Yalcin & Balcilar, Mehmet & Ozdemir, Zeynel Abidin, 2011.
"Time-varying linkages between tourism receipts and economic growth in a small open economy,"
Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 664-671.
- Arslanturk, Yalcin & Balcilar, Mehmet & Ozdemir, Zeynel Abidin, 2011. "Time-varying linkages between tourism receipts and economic growth in a small open economy," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(1-2), pages 664-671, January.
- Jordan Shan & Ken Wilson, 2001. "Causality between trade and tourism: empirical evidence from China," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(4), pages 279-283.
- Schubert, Stefan Franz & Brida, Juan Gabriel & Risso, Wiston Adrián, 2011. "The impacts of international tourism demand on economic growth of small economies dependent on tourism," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 377-385.
- Levin, Andrew & Lin, Chien-Fu & James Chu, Chia-Shang, 2002.
"Unit root tests in panel data: asymptotic and finite-sample properties,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 108(1), pages 1-24, May.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "LEVINLIN: RATS procedure to perform Levin-Lin-Chu test for unit roots in panel data," Statistical Software Components RTS00242, Boston College Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Trinajstic, Masa & Baresa, Suzana & Bogdan, Sinisa, 2018. "Regional Economic Growth And Tourism: A Panel Data Approach," UTMS Journal of Economics, University of Tourism and Management, Skopje, Macedonia, vol. 9(2), pages 145-155.
- Oluwatoyin A. Matthew & Christian Ede & Romanus Osabohien & Jeremiah Ejemeyovwi & Tunde Ayanda & Joshua Okunbor, 2021. "Interaction Effect of Tourism and Foreign Exchange Earnings on Economic Growth in Nigeria," Global Business Review, International Management Institute, vol. 22(1), pages 7-22, February.
- Raheem, Ibrahim & Ajide, Kazeem, 2020.
"The journey towards dollarization: the role of the tourism industry,"
105505, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ibrahim D. Raheem & Kazeem B. Ajide, 2021. "The Journey towards Dollarization: The Role of the Tourism Industry," Working Papers of the African Governance and Development Institute. 21/008, African Governance and Development Institute..
- Ibrahim D. Raheem & Kazeem B. Ajide, 2021. "The Journey towards Dollarization: The Role of the Tourism Industry," Working Papers 21/008, European Xtramile Centre of African Studies (EXCAS).
- Azeez, Rasheed Oluwaseyi, 2019. "Is Tourism a Sustainable Haven for Economic Growth in North African Countries? An Evidence From Panel Analysis," MPRA Paper 93449, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dhian Tyas Untari, 2018. "DIAN (Dimentional Analysis); To Analyzing Patterns Polarization of Perception, Motivation and Preferences to Develop The Ecotourism Betawi Traditional Culinary," Journal of Economic Development, Environment and People, Alliance of Central-Eastern European Universities, vol. 7(4), pages 6-15, December.
- Ä°brahim HÃ¼seyni, & Ã–mer Doru, & Ahmet TunÃ§, 2017. "The Effects Of Tourism Revenues On Economic Growth In The Context Of Neo-Classical Growth Model: In The Case Of Turkey," EcoForum, "Stefan cel Mare" University of Suceava, Romania, Faculty of Economics and Public Administration - Economy, Business Administration and Tourism Department., vol. 6(1), pages 1-2, January.
- Eric Olabode Olabisi, 2018. "Revisiting the Tourism-Economic Growth Nexus: The Case of Economic Community of West African States," Izvestiya, Varna University of Economics, issue 1, pages 21-30.
- Strike Mbulawa & Samuel Chingoiro, 2017. "Do Tourist ExpendituresMatter forGrowth in Botswana? A Vector Auto Regression Approach," Academica Turistica - Tourism and Innovation Journal, University of Primorska Press, vol. 10(1), pages 91-101.
- Blanka Šimundić & Zvonimir Kuliš & Neven Šerić, 2016. "Tourism and economic growth: an evidence for Latin American and Carribean countries," Tourism and Hospitality Industry 34, University of Rijeka, Faculty of Tourism and Hospitality Management.
- Antonakakis, Nikos & Dragouni, Mina & Eeckels, Bruno & Filis, George, 2015. "Tourism and economic growth revisited: Empirical evidence from a Panel VAR approach," MPRA Paper 67419, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bojanic, David C. & Lo, Melody, 2016. "A comparison of the moderating effect of tourism reliance on the economic development for islands and other countries," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 207-214.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- María Santana-Gallego & Francisco Ledesma-Rodríguez & Jorge Pérez-Rodríguez, 2011. "Tourism and trade in OECD countries. A dynamic heterogeneous panel data analysis," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 41(2), pages 533-554, October.
- Balsalobre-Lorente, Daniel & Driha, Oana M. & Sinha, Avik, 2020. "The dynamic effects of globalization process in analysing N-shaped tourism led growth hypothesis," MPRA Paper 100078, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ioannis Kostakis, 2020. "Is Tourism a Key Factor for Economic Growth? Fresh Evidence from South Europe Using Panel Cointegration and PVAR Analyses," World Journal of Applied Economics, WERI-World Economic Research Institute, vol. 6(2), pages 123-138, December.
- Wu, Po-Chin & Liu, Shiao-Yen & Hsiao, Juei-Ming & Huang, Tsai-Yuan, 2016. "Nonlinear and time-varying growth-tourism causality," Annals of Tourism Research, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 45-59.
- Haroon Rasool & Shafat Maqbool & Md. Tarique, 2021. "The relationship between tourism and economic growth among BRICS countries: a panel cointegration analysis," Future Business Journal, Springer, vol. 7(1), pages 1-11, December.
- Bilal Mehmood & Syed Hassan Raza & Mahwish Rana & Huma Sohaib & Muhammad Azhar Khan, 2014. "Triangular Relationship between Energy Consumption, Price Index and National Income in Asian Countries: A Pooled Mean Group Approach in Presence of Structural Breaks," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 4(4), pages 610-620.
- repec:zbw:rwirep:0557 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ciarlone, Alessio, 2011. "Housing wealth effect in emerging economies," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 399-417.
- Bernstein, Ronald & Madlener, Reinhard, 2011. "Responsiveness of Residential Electricity Demand in OECD Countries: A Panel Cointegation and Causality Analysis," FCN Working Papers 8/2011, E.ON Energy Research Center, Future Energy Consumer Needs and Behavior (FCN).
- Muntasir Murshed & Seemran Rashid, 2020.
"An Empirical Investigation of Real Exchange Rate Responses to Foreign Currency Inflows: Revisiting the Dutch Disease Phenomenon in South Asia,"
The Economics and Finance Letters, Conscientia Beam, vol. 7(1), pages 23-46.
- Murshed, Muntasir & Rashid, Seemran, 2020. "An Empirical Investigation of Real Exchange Rate Responses to Foreign Currency Inflows: Revisiting the Dutch Disease phenomenon in South Asia," MPRA Paper 98756, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Apergis, Nicholas & Payne, James E., 2011. "The renewable energy consumption-growth nexus in Central America," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 88(1), pages 343-347, January.
- Joakim Westerlund, 2007.
"Testing for Error Correction in Panel Data,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 69(6), pages 709-748, December.
- Westerlund, Joakim, 2005. "Testing for Error Correction in Panel Data," Working Papers 2005:11, Lund University, Department of Economics.
- Westerlund, J., 2006. "Testing for error correction in panel data," Research Memorandum 056, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Olivier Damette & Mathilde Maurel & Michael A. Stemmer, 2016.
"What does it take to grow out of recession? An error-correction approach towards growth convergence of European and transition countries,"
- Olivier Damette & Mathilde Maurel & Michael A. Stemmer, 2016. "What does it take to grow out of recession? An error-correction approach towards growth convergence of European and transition countries," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-01318131, HAL.
- Olivier Damette & Mathilde Maurel & Michael A. Stemmer, 2016. "What does it take to grow out of recession? An error-correction approach towards growth convergence of European and transition countries," Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne 16041, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- Farhani, Sahbi & Mrizak, Sana & Chaibi, Anissa & Rault, Christophe, 2014.
"The environmental Kuznets curve and sustainability: A panel data analysis,"
Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 189-198.
- Sahbi Farhani & Sana Mrizak & Anissa Chaibi & Christophe Rault, 2014. "The environmental Kuznets curve and sustainability: A panel data analysis," Working Papers 2014-300, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- Yongfu Huang, 2011.
"Private investment and financial development in a globalized world,"
Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 41(1), pages 43-56, August.
- Yongfu Huang, 2006. "Private investment and financial development in a globalized world," Bristol Economics Discussion Papers 06/589, School of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
- Chali Nondo, 2018. "Is There a Relationship between Information and Communication Technologies Infrastructure, Electricity Consumption and Total Factor Productivity? Evidence from a Panel of African Countries," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 8(4), pages 207-218.
- Moataz Elshimy & Khadiga M. El-Aasar, 2020. "Carbon footprint, renewable energy, non-renewable energy, and livestock: testing the environmental Kuznets curve hypothesis for the Arab world," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 22(7), pages 6985-7012, October.
- Lee, Chien-Chiang & Chiu, Yi-Bin, 2011. "Oil prices, nuclear energy consumption, and economic growth: New evidence using a heterogeneous panel analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(4), pages 2111-2120, April.
- Karanfil, Fatih & Li, Yuanjing, 2015.
"Electricity consumption and economic growth: Exploring panel-specific differences,"
Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 82(C), pages 264-277.
- Fatih Karanfil & Yuanjing Li, 2014. "Electricity consumption and economic growth: exploring panel‐specific differences," Working Papers 2014-337, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- Fatih Karanfil & Yuanjing Li, 2015. "Electricity consumption and economic growth: Exploring panel-specific differences," Post-Print hal-01385981, HAL.
- Akinlo Taiwo & Simon-Oke O. Olayemi, 2015. "Re-examine foreign direct investment and economic growth: Panel co-integration and causality tests for sub-Saharan African countries," International Area Studies Review, Center for International Area Studies, Hankuk University of Foreign Studies, vol. 18(1), pages 73-86, March.
- Badry Hechmy, 2019. "Testing for VECM Granger Causality and Cointegration Between Economic Growth and Renewable Energy: Evidence from MENA Net Energy Importing Countries," Econometric Research in Finance, SGH Warsaw School of Economics, Collegium of Economic Analysis, vol. 4(2), pages 111-131, December.
More about this item
KeywordsTourism; economic growth; panel cointegration; causality;
All these keywords.
- F43 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Economic Growth of Open Economies
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
- O40 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ibf:ijbfre:v:6:y:2012:i:1:p:51-63. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Mercedes Jalbert (email available below). General contact details of provider: .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.