Are Finance, Management, and Marketing Autonomous Fields of Scientific Research? An Analysis Based on Journal Citations
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Arjo Klamer & Hendrik van Dalen, 2001. "Attention and the art of scientific publishing," Journal of Economic Methodology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(3), pages 289-315.
- Hamelman, Paul W & Mazze, Edward M, 1974. "Citation Patterns in Finance Journals," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 29(4), pages 1295-1301, September.
- Matthias Klaes, 2004.
"Evolutionary economics: In defence of 'vagueness',"
Journal of Economic Methodology,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(3), pages 359-376.
- Matthias Klaes, 2004. "Evolutionary economics: In defence of ‘vagueness’," SCEME Working Papers: Advances in Economic Methodology 006/2004, SCEME.
- Bush, Winston C & Hamelman, Paul W & Staaf, Robert J, 1974. "A Quality Index for Economic Journals," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 56(1), pages 123-125, February.
- Robert Parks, 2001. "The Faustian grip of academic publishing," Journal of Economic Methodology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(3), pages 317-335.
- Stigler, George J & Stigler, Stephen M & Friedland, Claire, 1995. "The Journals of Economics," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 103(2), pages 331-359, April.
- Joseph Macri & Dipendra Sinha, 2006. "Rankings Methodology for International Comparisons of Institutions and Individuals: an Application to Economics in Australia and New Zealand," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 20(1), pages 111-156, February.
- Pantelis Kalaitzidakis & Theofanis P. Mamuneas & Thanasis Stengos, 2003.
"Rankings of Academic Journals and Institutions in Economics,"
Journal of the European Economic Association,
MIT Press, vol. 1(6), pages 1346-1366, December.
- Pantelis Kalaitzidakis & Theofanis P Mamuneas & Thanasis Stengos, 2001. "Rankings of Academic Journals and Institutions in Economics," Discussion Papers in Economics 01/8, Department of Economics, University of Leicester.
- Liebowitz, S J & Palmer, J P, 1984. "Assessing the Relative Impacts of Economic Journals," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 22(1), pages 77-88, March.
- Alexander, John C & Mabry, Rodney H, 1994. " Relative Significance of Journals, Authors, and Articles Cited in Financial Research," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 49(2), pages 697-712, June.
- Hendrik P. Dalen & Kène Henkens, 1999. "How Influential Are Demography Journals?," Population and Development Review, The Population Council, Inc., vol. 25(2), pages 229-251.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:spr:scient:v:95:y:2013:i:3:d:10.1007_s11192-012-0892-5 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sara C. Santos Cruz & Aurora A.C. Teixeira, 2007. "A new look into the evolution of clusters literature. A bibliometric exercise," FEP Working Papers 257, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Richard S. J. Tol, 2012.
"Shapley values for assessing research production and impact of schools and scholars,"
Springer;Akadémiai Kiadó, vol. 90(3), pages 763-780, March.
- Tol, Richard S. J., 2011. "Shapley Values for Assessing Research Production and Impact of Schools and Scholars," Papers WP370, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- repec:spr:scient:v:89:y:2011:i:1:d:10.1007_s11192-011-0445-3 is not listed on IDEAS
- David L. Anderson & John Tressler, 2011. "The Merits of Using Citations to Measure Research Output in Economics Departments: The New Zealand Case," Working Papers in Economics 11/11, University of Waikato.
- repec:spr:scient:v:103:y:2015:i:2:d:10.1007_s11192-015-1537-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hélder Ferreira & Aurora A.C. Teixeira, 2013. "‘Welcome to the experience economy’: assessing the influence of customer experience literature through bibliometric analysis," FEP Working Papers 481, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Maria Lúcia Pato & Aurora A.C. Teixeira, 2013. "Twenty years of rural entrepreneurship: a bibliometric survey," FEP Working Papers 516, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
More about this item
KeywordsCitations; Science; Autonomy;
- C89 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs - - - Other
- A12 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Relation of Economics to Other Disciplines
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-01-13 (All new papers)
- NEP-HPE-2007-01-13 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-MKT-2007-01-13 (Marketing)
- NEP-SOG-2007-01-13 (Sociology of Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:por:fepwps:233. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/fepuppt.html .