The World Cup of Economics Journals: A Ranking by a Tournament Method
A ranking of journals is manipulable if a particular journal's position can be improved by making additional citations to other journals. We introduce a simple ranking method that is not manipulable and is invariant to citation intensities, journal scaling and article-splitting. The ranking of economics journals is presented and is compared to rankings by alternative methods in the recent years.
|Date of creation:||Sep 2010|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 1112 Budapest, Budaorsi ut 45.|
Phone: (+36-1) 309-2652
Fax: (36-1) 319-3136
Web page: http://econ.core.hu
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Basu, Parantap & Gillman, Max & Pearlman, Joseph, 2009.
"Inflation, Human Capital and Tobin's q,"
Cardiff Economics Working Papers
E2009/16, Cardiff University, Cardiff Business School, Economics Section.
- Parantap Basu & Max Gillman & Joseph Pearlman, 2010. "Inflation, Human Capital and Tobin's q," IEHAS Discussion Papers 1017, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies, Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
- Parantap Basu & Max Gillman & Joseph Pearlman, 2009. " Inflation, Human Capital and Tobin's q," CDMA Conference Paper Series 0904, Centre for Dynamic Macroeconomic Analysis.
- Pantelis Kalaitzidakis & Theofanis P Mamuneas & Thanasis Stengos, 2001.
"Rankings of Academic Journals and Institutions in Economics,"
Discussion Papers in Economics
01/8, Department of Economics, University of Leicester.
- Pantelis Kalaitzidakis & Theofanis P. Mamuneas & Thanasis Stengos, 2003. "Rankings of Academic Journals and Institutions in Economics," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 1(6), pages 1346-1366, December.
- Volij, Oscar & Palacios-Huerta, Ignacio, 2004.
"The Measurment of Intellectual Influence,"
Staff General Research Papers Archive
10797, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Kóczy László Á & Nichifor Alexandru & Strobel Martin, 2010.
"Intellectual Influence: Quality versus Quantity,"
029, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Laband, David N & Piette, Michael J, 1994. "The Relative Impacts of Economics Journals: 1970-1990," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 32(2), pages 640-66, June.
- Cziraki, P. & de Goeij, P. C. & Renneboog, L.D.R., 2010. "Insider Trading, Option Exercises and Private Benefits of Control (Revision of DP 2010-32)," Discussion Paper 2010-90, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Stigler, George J & Stigler, Stephen M & Friedland, Claire, 1995. "The Journals of Economics," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 103(2), pages 331-59, April.
- Liebowitz, S J & Palmer, J P, 1984. "Assessing the Relative Impacts of Economic Journals," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 22(1), pages 77-88, March.
- Pranab Bardhan, 2003. "Journal publication in economics: a view from the periphery," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 113(488), pages F332-F337, 06.
This item is featured on the following reading lists or Wikipedia pages:
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:has:discpr:1018. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Adrienn Foldi)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.