The World Cup of Economics Journals: A Ranking by a Tournament Method
A ranking of journals is manipulable if a particular journal's position can be improved by making additional citations to other journals. We introduce a simple ranking method that is not manipulable and is invariant to citation intensities, journal scaling and article-splitting. The ranking of economics journals is presented and is compared to rankings by alternative methods in the recent years.
|Date of creation:||Sep 2010|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 1112 Budapest, Budaorsi ut 45.|
Phone: (+36-1) 309-2652
Fax: (36-1) 319-3136
Web page: http://econ.core.hu
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pranab Bardhan, 2003. "Journal publication in economics: a view from the periphery," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 113(488), pages 332-337, June.
- Ignacio Palacios-Huerta & Oscar Volij, 2004.
"The Measurement of Intellectual Influence,"
Econometric Society, vol. 72(3), pages 963-977, May.
- Ignacio Palacios-Huerta & Oscar Volij, 2002. "The Measurement of Intellectual Influence," Economic theory and game theory 015, Oscar Volij.
- Volij, Oscar & Palacios-Huerta, Ignacio, 2004. "The Measurment of Intellectual Influence," Staff General Research Papers Archive 10797, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Laband, David N & Piette, Michael J, 1994. "The Relative Impacts of Economics Journals: 1970-1990," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 32(2), pages 640-666, June.
- Pantelis Kalaitzidakis & Theofanis P. Mamuneas & Thanasis Stengos, 2003. "Rankings of Academic Journals and Institutions in Economics," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 1(6), pages 1346-1366, December.
- Pantelis Kalaitzidakis & Theofanis P Mamuneas & Thanasis Stengos, 2001. "Rankings of Academic Journals and Institutions in Economics," Discussion Papers in Economics 01/8, Department of Economics, University of Leicester.
- Liebowitz, S J & Palmer, J P, 1984. "Assessing the Relative Impacts of Economic Journals," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 22(1), pages 77-88, March.
- László Á. Kóczy & Alexandru Nichifor & Martin Strobel, 2010. "Intellectual Infl uence: Quality versus Quantity," Working Paper Series 1009, Óbuda University, Keleti Faculty of Business and Management.
- KÃ³czy LÃ¡szlÃ³ Ã & Nichifor Alexandru & Strobel Martin, 2010. "Intellectual Influence: Quality versus Quantity," Research Memorandum 029, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Basu, Parantap & Gillman, Max & Pearlman, Joseph, 2012. "Inflation, human capital and Tobin's q," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 36(7), pages 1057-1074.
- Parantap Basu & Max Gillman & Joseph Pearlman, 2009. " Inflation, Human Capital and Tobin's q," CDMA Conference Paper Series 0904, Centre for Dynamic Macroeconomic Analysis.
- Basu, Parantap & Gillman, Max & Pearlman, Joseph, 2009. "Inflation, Human Capital and Tobin's q," Cardiff Economics Working Papers E2009/16, Cardiff University, Cardiff Business School, Economics Section.
- Parantap Basu & Max Gillman & Joseph Pearlman, 2010. "Inflation, Human Capital and Tobin's q," IEHAS Discussion Papers 1017, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies, Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
- Stigler, George J & Stigler, Stephen M & Friedland, Claire, 1995. "The Journals of Economics," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 103(2), pages 331-359, April.
- Cziraki, P. & de Goeij, P. C. & Renneboog, L.D.R., 2010. "Insider Trading, Option Exercises and Private Benefits of Control (Revision of DP 2010-32)," Discussion Paper 2010-90, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)