The World Cup of Economics Journals: A Ranking by a Tournament Method
A ranking of journals is manipulable if a particular journal's position can be improved by making additional citations to other journals. We introduce a simple ranking method that is not manipulable and is invariant to citation intensities, journal scaling and article-splitting. The ranking of economics journals is presented and is compared to rankings by alternative methods in the recent years.
|Date of creation:||Sep 2010|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 1112 Budapest, Budaorsi ut 45.|
Phone: (+36-1) 309-2652
Fax: (36-1) 319-3136
Web page: http://econ.core.hu
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Stigler, George J & Stigler, Stephen M & Friedland, Claire, 1995. "The Journals of Economics," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 103(2), pages 331-359, April.
- Liebowitz, S J & Palmer, J P, 1984. "Assessing the Relative Impacts of Economic Journals," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 22(1), pages 77-88, March.
- Volij, Oscar & Palacios-Huerta, Ignacio, 2004.
"The Measurment of Intellectual Influence,"
Staff General Research Papers Archive
10797, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Cziraki, P. & de Goeij, P. C. & Renneboog, L.D.R., 2010. "Insider Trading, Option Exercises and Private Benefits of Control (Revision of DP 2010-32)," Discussion Paper 2010-90, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Pantelis Kalaitzidakis & Theofanis P. Mamuneas & Thanasis Stengos, 2003.
"Rankings of Academic Journals and Institutions in Economics,"
Journal of the European Economic Association,
MIT Press, vol. 1(6), pages 1346-1366, December.
- Pantelis Kalaitzidakis & Theofanis P Mamuneas & Thanasis Stengos, 2001. "Rankings of Academic Journals and Institutions in Economics," Discussion Papers in Economics 01/8, Department of Economics, University of Leicester.
- Pranab Bardhan, 2003. "Journal publication in economics: a view from the periphery," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 113(488), pages 332-337, 06.
- Laband, David N & Piette, Michael J, 1994. "The Relative Impacts of Economics Journals: 1970-1990," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 32(2), pages 640-666, June.
- Basu, Parantap & Gillman, Max & Pearlman, Joseph, 2009.
"Inflation, Human Capital and Tobin's q,"
Cardiff Economics Working Papers
E2009/16, Cardiff University, Cardiff Business School, Economics Section.
- Parantap Basu & Max Gillman & Joseph Pearlman, 2010. "Inflation, Human Capital and Tobin's q," IEHAS Discussion Papers 1017, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies, Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
- Parantap Basu & Max Gillman & Joseph Pearlman, 2009. " Inflation, Human Capital and Tobin's q," CDMA Conference Paper Series 0904, Centre for Dynamic Macroeconomic Analysis.
- Kóczy László Á & Nichifor Alexandru & Strobel Martin, 2010.
"Intellectual Influence: Quality versus Quantity,"
029, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
This item is featured on the following reading lists or Wikipedia pages:
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:has:discpr:1018. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Adrienn Foldi)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.