The Gender Wage Gap in Portugal: Recent Evolution and Decomposition
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Oaxaca, Ronald, 1973. "Male-Female Wage Differentials in Urban Labor Markets," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 14(3), pages 693-709, October.
- Anne Plasman & Robert Plasman & Michael Rusinek & François Rycx, 2001. "Indicators on gender pay equality: the Belgian presidency's report," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/9805, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Kevin Reilly & Tony Wirjanto, 1999.
"Does More Mean Less? The Male/Female Wage Gap and the Proportion of Females at the Establishment Level,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 32(4), pages 906-929, August.
- Kevin T. Reilly & Tony Wirjanto, 1997. "Does More Mean Less? The Male/Female Wage Gap and the Proportion of Females at the Establishment Level," Working Papers 98001, University of Waterloo, Department of Economics, revised Sep 1997.
- Reilly, K.T. & Wirjanto, T.S., 1998. "Does More Mean Less? The Male/Female Wage Gap and the Proportion of Female at the Establishment Level," Papers 98-04, Centre for Labour Market and Social Research, Danmark-.
- Kiker, B. F. & Santos, Maria C., 1991. "Human capital and earnings in Portugal," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 187-203, September.
- Kimberly Bayard & Judith Hellerstein & David Neumark & Kenneth Troske, 2003.
"New Evidence on Sex Segregation and Sex Differences in Wages from Matched Employee-Employer Data,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 21(4), pages 887-922, October.
- Kenneth R Troske & Kimberly N Bayard & Judith Hellerstein & David Neumark, 1998. "New Evidence On Sex Segregation And Sex Differences In Wages From Matched Employee-Employer Data," Working Papers 98-18, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Kimberly Bayard & Judith Hellerstein & David Neumark & Kenneth Troske, 1999. "New Evidence on Sex Segregation and Sex Differences in Wages from Matched Employee-Employer Data," NBER Working Papers 7003, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Anne Plasman & Robert Plasman & Michael Rusinek & François Rycx, 2002. "Indicators on gender pay equality," Brussels Economic Review, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles, vol. 45(2), pages 11-40.
- George E. Johnson & Gary Solon, 1984. "Pay Differences Between Women's and Men's Jobs: The Empirical Foundations of Comparable Worth Legislation," NBER Working Papers 1472, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Vieira, José António Cabral & Cardoso, Ana Rute & Portela, Miguel, 2003. "Recruitment and Pay at the Establishment Level: Gender Segregation and the Wage Gap in Portugal," IZA Discussion Papers 789, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- David Neumark, 1988.
"Employers' Discriminatory Behavior and the Estimation of Wage Discrimination,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 23(3), pages 279-295.
- David Neumark, 1987. "Employers' discriminatory behavior and the estimation of wage discrimination," Special Studies Papers 227, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Oaxaca, Ronald L. & Ransom, Michael R., 1994. "On discrimination and the decomposition of wage differentials," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 5-21, March.
- Johnson, George & Solon, Gary, 1986. "Estimates of the Direct Effects of Comparable Worth Policy," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(5), pages 1117-1125, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pilar González & Maria Clementina Santos & Luís Delfim Santos, 2007. "Education and Gender Wage Differentials in Portugal: What Can We Learn From an Age Cohort Analysis?," CEF.UP Working Papers 0701, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Luís Delfim Santos & José Varejão, 2006. "Employment, Pay and Discrimination in the Tourism Industry," FEP Working Papers 205, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
More about this item
KeywordsLabour market; discrimination; wage differential; gender;
- J71 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor Discrimination - - - Hiring and Firing
- C50 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:por:cetedp:0505. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ana Bonanca) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/fepuppt.html .