Recruitment and Pay at the Establishment Level: Gender Segregation and the Wage Gap in Portugal
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- William J. Carrington & Kenneth R. Troske, 1998.
"Sex Segregation in U.S. Manufacturing,"
Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 51(3), pages 445-464, April.
- Kenneth R Troske & William J Carrington, 1996. "Sex Segregation in U.S. Manufacturing," Working Papers 96-4, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- William J Carrington & Kenneth R Troske, 1996. "Sex Segregation in US Manufacturing," Economics Working Paper Archive 364, The Johns Hopkins University,Department of Economics.
- Kenneth R Troske & William J Carrington, 1992. "Gender Segregation Small Firms," Working Papers 92-13, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau, revised May 1993.
- Michael Kremer, 1993. "The O-Ring Theory of Economic Development," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 108(3), pages 551-575.
- Becker, Gary S., 1971. "The Economics of Discrimination," University of Chicago Press Economics Books, University of Chicago Press, edition 2, number 9780226041162, April.
- Kevin Reilly & Tony Wirjanto, 1999.
"Does More Mean Less? The Male/Female Wage Gap and the Proportion of Females at the Establishment Level,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 32(4), pages 906-929, August.
- Kevin T. Reilly & Tony Wirjanto, 1997. "Does More Mean Less? The Male/Female Wage Gap and the Proportion of Females at the Establishment Level," Working Papers 98001, University of Waterloo, Department of Economics, revised Sep 1997.
- Reilly, K.T. & Wirjanto, T.S., 1998. "Does More Mean Less? The Male/Female Wage Gap and the Proportion of Female at the Establishment Level," Papers 98-04, Centre for Labour Market and Social Research, Danmark-.
- Kiker, B. F. & Santos, Maria C., 1991. "Human capital and earnings in Portugal," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 187-203, September.
- Erica L. Groshen, 1991.
"The Structure of the Female/Male Wage Differential: Is It Who You Are, What You Do, or Where You Work?,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 26(3), pages 457-472.
- Erica L. Groshen, 1987. "The structure of the female/male wage differential: is it who you are, what you do, or where you work?," Working Paper 8708, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Carrington, William J & Troske, Kenneth R, 1997. "On Measuring Segregation in Samples with Small Units," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 15(4), pages 402-409, October.
- David Neumark, 1988.
"Employers' Discriminatory Behavior and the Estimation of Wage Discrimination,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 23(3), pages 279-295.
- David Neumark, 1987. "Employers' discriminatory behavior and the estimation of wage discrimination," Special Studies Papers 227, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pilar González & Maria Clementina Santos & Luís Delfim Santos, 2005. "The Gender Wage Gap in Portugal: Recent Evolution and Decomposition," CEF.UP Working Papers 0505, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Alessandro Cigno & Annalisa Luporini & Anna Pettini, 2004.
"Hidden information problems in the design of family allowances,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 17(4), pages 645-655, December.
- Cigno, Alessandro & Luporini, Annalisa & Pettini, Anna, 2003. "Hidden Information Problems in the Design of Family Allowances," IZA Discussion Papers 790, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
More about this item
Keywordssystematic segregation; random segregation; wage inequality; gender;
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
- D21 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Theory
- J7 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor Discrimination
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2003-06-25 (All new papers)
- NEP-EEC-2003-06-25 (European Economics)
- NEP-LAB-2003-06-25 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-LTV-2003-06-25 (Unemployment, Inequality & Poverty)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp789. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .