Do shadow banks create money? 'Financialisation' and the monetary circuit
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Arvind Krishnamurthy & Stefan Nagel & Dmitry Orlov, 2014. "Sizing Up Repo," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 69(6), pages 2381-2417, December.
- Markus K. Brunnermeier & Lasse Heje Pedersen, 2009.
"Market Liquidity and Funding Liquidity,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 22(6), pages 2201-2238, June.
- Brunnermeier, Markus K & Pedersen, Lasse Heje, 2007. "Market Liquidity and Funding Liquidity," CEPR Discussion Papers 6179, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Lasse Heje Pederson & Markus K Brunnermeier, 2007. "Market Liquidity and Funding Liquidity," FMG Discussion Papers dp580, Financial Markets Group.
- Brunnermeier, Markus K. & Pedersen, Lasse Heje, 2007. "Market liquidity and funding liquidity," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 24478, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Markus K. Brunnermeier & Lasse Heje Pedersen, 2007. "Market Liquidity and Funding Liquidity," NBER Working Papers 12939, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jeremy C. Stein, 2012. "Monetary Policy as Financial Stability Regulation," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 127(1), pages 57-95.
- Alberto Botta & Eugenio Caverzasi & Daniele Tori, 2015.
"Financial–Real-Side Interactions in an Extended Monetary Circuit with Shadow Banking: Loving or Dangerous Hugs?,"
International Journal of Political Economy,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(3), pages 196-227, July.
- Botta, Alberto & Caverzasi, Eugenio & Tori, Daniele, 2015. "Financial-real side interactions in an extended monetary circuit with shadow banking: loving or dangerous hugs?," Greenwich Papers in Political Economy 14069, University of Greenwich, Greenwich Political Economy Research Centre.
- Botta, Alberto & Caverzasi, Eugenio & Tori, Daniele, 2015. "Financial–real-side interactions in an extended monetary circuit with shadow banking: Loving or dangerous hugs?," Greenwich Papers in Political Economy 14454, University of Greenwich, Greenwich Political Economy Research Centre.
- Arestis, Philip & Howells, Peter, 1999. "The Supply of Credit Money and the Demand for Deposits: A Reply," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 23(1), pages 115-119, January.
- Hayek, F. A., 2012. "Business Cycles," University of Chicago Press Economics Books, University of Chicago Press, number 9780226320441 edited by Klausinger, Hansjoerg, July.
- Giuseppe Fontana, 2000. "Post Keynesians and Circuitists on Money and Uncertainty: An Attempt at Generality," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(1), pages 27-48, September.
- Bell, Stephanie, 2001. "The Role of the State and the Hierarchy of Money," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 25(2), pages 149-163, March.
- Charles A. E. Goodhart & Meinhard A. Jensen, 2015. "A Commentary on Patrizio Lainà's 'Proposals for Full-Reserve Banking: A Historical Survey from David Ricardo to Martin Wolf'," Economic Thought, World Economics Association, vol. 4(2), pages 1-20, September.
- Gorton, Gary & Metrick, Andrew, 2012.
"Securitized banking and the run on repo,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 104(3), pages 425-451.
- Gary B. Gorton & Andrew Metrick, 2009. "Securitized Banking and the Run on Repo," NBER Working Papers 15223, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gary Gorton & Andrew Metrick, 2009. "Securitized Banking and the Run on Repo," Yale School of Management Working Papers amz2358, Yale School of Management, revised 01 Sep 2009.
- Argitis, Georgios & Evans, Trevor & Michell, Jo & Toporowski, Jan, 2014.
"Finance and crisis: Marxian, institutionalist and circuitist approaches,"
IPE Working Papers
45/2014, Berlin School of Economics and Law, Institute for International Political Economy (IPE).
- Georgios Argitis & Trevor Evans & Jo Michell & Jan Toporowski, 2014. "Finance and Crisis; Marxian, Institutionalist and Circuitist approaches," Working papers wpaper39, Financialisation, Economy, Society & Sustainable Development (FESSUD) Project.
- McLeay, Michael & Radia, Amar & Thomas, Ryland, 2014. "Money in the modern economy: an introduction," Bank of England Quarterly Bulletin, Bank of England, vol. 54(1), pages 4-13.
- Photis Lysandrou & Anastasia Nesvetailova, 2015. "The role of shadow banking entities in the financial crisis: a disaggregated view," Review of International Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(2), pages 257-279, April.
- Bryan J. Noeth & Rajdeep Sengupta, 2011. "Is shadow banking really banking?," The Regional Economist, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Oct, pages 8-13.
- Charles Goodhart, 2000. "Can Central Banking Survive the IT Revolution?," FMG Special Papers sp125, Financial Markets Group.
- Jo Michell & Jan Toporowski, 2013. "Critical Observations on Financialization and the Financial Process," International Journal of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(4), pages 67-82.
- Lavoie, Marc, 1999. "The Credit-Led Supply of Deposits and the Demand for Money: Kaldor's Reflux Mechanism as Previously Endorsed by Joan Robinson," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 23(1), pages 103-113, January.
- repec:mes:postke:v:35:y:2012:i:2:p:277-300 is not listed on IDEAS
- Malcolm Sawyer, 2013. "Endogenous money, circuits and financialization," Review of Keynesian Economics, Edward Elgar Publishing, vol. 1(2), pages 230-241, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Teodora Cristina Barbu & Iustina Alina Boitan & Sorin Iulian Cioaca, 2016. "Macroeconomic Determinants Of Shadow Banking – Evidence From Eu Countries," Review of Economic and Business Studies, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, issue 18, pages 11-129, December.
- Koddenbrock, Kai, 2017. "What money does: An inquiry into the backbone of capitalist political economy," MPIfG Discussion Paper 17/9, Max Planck Institute for the Study of Societies.
More about this item
Keywordsmonetary circuit; endogenous money; shadow banking; financialization; Graziani;
- E12 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General Aggregative Models - - - Keynes; Keynesian; Post-Keynesian
- E40 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - General
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2016-03-29 (All new papers)
- NEP-BAN-2016-03-29 (Banking)
- NEP-MAC-2016-03-29 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2016-03-29 (Monetary Economics)
- NEP-PAY-2016-03-29 (Payment Systems & Financial Technology)
- NEP-PKE-2016-03-29 (Post Keynesian Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pke:wpaper:pkwp1605. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jo Michell). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/pksggea.html .