Financial–Real-Side Interactions in an Extended Monetary Circuit with Shadow Banking: Loving or Dangerous Hugs?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Botta, Alberto & Caverzasi, Eugenio & Tori, Daniele, 2015. "Financial-real side interactions in an extended monetary circuit with shadow banking: loving or dangerous hugs?," Greenwich Papers in Political Economy 14069, University of Greenwich, Greenwich Political Economy Research Centre.
- Botta, Alberto & Caverzasi, Eugenio & Tori, Daniele, 2015. "Financial–real-side interactions in an extended monetary circuit with shadow banking: Loving or dangerous hugs?," Greenwich Papers in Political Economy 14454, University of Greenwich, Greenwich Political Economy Research Centre.
References listed on IDEAS
- Tobias Adrian & Adam B. Ashcraft, 2012. "shadow banking: a review of the literature," The New Palgrave Dictionary of Economics, Palgrave Macmillan.
- Marco Veronese Passarella & Malcolm Sawyer, 2014. "Financialisation in the circuit," Working papers wpaper18, Financialisation, Economy, Society & Sustainable Development (FESSUD) Project.
- Massimo Cingolani, 2013. "Finance Capitalism: A Look at the European Financial Accounts," Panoeconomicus, Savez ekonomista Vojvodine, Novi Sad, Serbia, vol. 60(3), pages 249-290, May.
- Demir, FIrat, 2009. "Financial liberalization, private investment and portfolio choice: Financialization of real sectors in emerging markets," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(2), pages 314-324, March.
- Andrea Fumagalli & Stefano Lucarelli, 2011. "A Financialized Monetary Economy of Production," International Journal of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(1), pages 48-68.
- Eugenio Caverzasi & Antoine Godin, 2015. "Post-Keynesian stock-flow-consistent modelling: a survey," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 39(1), pages 157-187.
- Thomas Goda & Photis Lysandrou, 2014.
"The contribution of wealth concentration to the subprime crisis: a quantitative estimation,"
Cambridge Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 38(2), pages 301-327.
- Thomas Goda & Photis Lysandrou, 2011. "The contribution of wealth concentration to the subprime crisis: a quantitative estimation," DOCUMENTOS DE TRABAJO CIEF 010718, UNIVERSIDAD EAFIT.
- Eckhard Hein & Engelbert Stockhammer (ed.), 2011. "A Modern Guide to Keynesian Macroeconomics and Economic Policies," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 13962, April.
- Marco Veronese Passarella, 2014. "Financialization and the Monetary Circuit: A Macro-accounting Approach," Review of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 26(1), pages 128-148, January.
- Gorton, Gary B. & Pennacchi, George G., 1995.
"Banks and loan sales Marketing nonmarketable assets,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 389-411, June.
- Gary Gorton & George Pennacchi, 1990. "Banks and Loan Sales: Marketing Non-Marketable Assets," NBER Working Papers 3551, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Till van Treeck, 2008.
"Reconsidering The Investment-Profit Nexus In Finance-Led Economies: An Ardl-Based Approach,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 59(3), pages 371-404, July.
- Till van Treeck, 2007. "Reconsidering the Investment-Profit Nexus in Finance-Led Economies: an ARDL-Based Approach," IMK Working Paper 01-2007, IMK at the Hans Boeckler Foundation, Macroeconomic Policy Institute.
- Gorton, Gary B., 2010. "Slapped by the Invisible Hand: The Panic of 2007," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199734153.
- Riccardo Bellofiore, 2013. "'Two or three things I know about her': Europe in the global crisis and heterodox economics," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 37(3), pages 497-512.
- Christine A. Parlour & Guillaume Plantin, 2008. "Loan Sales and Relationship Banking," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 63(3), pages 1291-1314, June.
- Stephen Cecchetti & Enisse Kharroubi, 2012. "Reassessing the impact of finance on growth," BIS Working Papers 381, Bank for International Settlements.
- Engelbert Stockhammer, 2004. "Financialisation and the slowdown of accumulation," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 28(5), pages 719-741, September.
- Gorton, Gary & Metrick, Andrew, 2012.
"Securitized banking and the run on repo,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 104(3), pages 425-451.
- Gary Gorton & Andrew Metrick, 2009. "Securitized Banking and the Run on Repo," Yale School of Management Working Papers amz2358, Yale School of Management, revised 01 Sep 2009.
- Gary B. Gorton & Andrew Metrick, 2009. "Securitized Banking and the Run on Repo," NBER Working Papers 15223, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:eme:rpeczz:s0161-7230(2011)0000027006 is not listed on IDEAS
- Beck, Thorsten & Degryse, Hans & Kneer, Christiane, 2014.
"Is more finance better? Disentangling intermediation and size effects of financial systems,"
Journal of Financial Stability,
Elsevier, vol. 10(C), pages 50-64.
- Beck, T.H.L. & Degryse, H.A. & Kneer, E.C., 2012. "Is More Finance Better? Disentangling Intermediation and Size Effects of Financial Systems," Discussion Paper 2012-060, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Marcello MESSORI & Alberto ZAZZARO, 2004. "Monetary profits within the circuit: Ponzi finance oer "mors tua, vita mea"?," Working Papers 200, Universita' Politecnica delle Marche (I), Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali.
- Özgür Orhangazi, 2008. "Financialization and the US Economy," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 12927, April.
- Law, Siong Hook & Singh, Nirvikar, 2014. "Does too much finance harm economic growth?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 36-44.
- Photis Lysandrou & Anastasia Nesvetailova, 2015. "The role of shadow banking entities in the financial crisis: a disaggregated view," Review of International Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(2), pages 257-279, April.
- Özgür Orhangazi, 2011.
"“Financial” vs. “Real”: An Overview of the Contradictory Role of Finance,"
Research in Political Economy,in: Revitalizing Marxist Theory for Today's Capitalism, volume 27, pages 121-148
Emerald Publishing Ltd.
- Özgür Orhangazi, 2011. "“Financial” vs. “Real”: An Overview of the Contradictory Role of Finance," Working Papers wp274, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alberto Botta & Eugenio Caversazi & Daniele Tori, 2016. "The macroeconomics of shadow banking," Working Papers PKWP1611, Post Keynesian Economics Society (PKES).
- Sergio Cesaratto, 2017. "Beyond the traditional monetary circuit: endogenous money, finance and the theory of long-period effective demand," Department of Economics University of Siena 757, Department of Economics, University of Siena.
- Jo Michell, 2017.
"Do Shadow Banks Create Money? ‘Financialisation’ and the Monetary Circuit,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 68(2), pages 354-377, May.
- Jo Michell, 2016. "Do shadow banks create money? 'Financialisation' and the monetary circuit," Working Papers 20161602, Department of Accounting, Economics and Finance, Bristol Business School, University of the West of England, Bristol.
- Jo Michell, 2016. "Do shadow banks create money? 'Financialisation' and the monetary circuit," Working Papers PKWP1605, Post Keynesian Economics Society (PKES).
- Michalis Nikiforos & Gennaro Zezza, 2017. "Stock-flow Consistent Macroeconomic Models: A Survey," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_891, Levy Economics Institute.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mes:ijpoec:v:44:y:2015:i:3:p:196-227. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/MIJP20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.