“Convexification” and “deconvexification” of the peruvian wage profile: a tale of declining education quality
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- repec:fth:prinin:357 is not listed on IDEAS
- David Card, 1994. "Earnings, Schooling, and Ability Revisited," Working Papers 710, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Yamada, Gustavo, 2009. "Rendimientos de la educación superior en el mercado laboral. El caso de Perú," El Trimestre Económico, Fondo de Cultura Económica, vol. 0(302), pages 485-511, abril-jun.
- Martin Nordin & Dan-Olof Rooth, 2014.
"Increasing Returns to Schooling by Ability? A Comparison between the USA and Sweden,"
University of Manchester, vol. 82, pages 1-20, December.
- Nordin, Martin & Rooth , Dan-Olof, 2011. "Increasing Returns to Schooling by Ability? A Comparison Between the US and Sweden," Working Papers 2011:17, Lund University, Department of Economics.
- Clifford Clogg & James Shockey, 1984. "Mismatch between occupation and schooling: A prevalence measure, recent trends and demographic analysis," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 21(2), pages 235-257, May.
- Flavio Cunha & James J. Heckman, 2008. "Formulating, Identifying and Estimating the Technology of Cognitive and Noncognitive Skill Formation," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 43(4).
- repec:rim:rimwps:30-08 is not listed on IDEAS
- Juan F. Castro & Gustavo Yamada & Omar Arias, 2011. "Higher education decisions in Peru : on the role of financial constraints, skills, and family background," Working Papers 11-14, Centro de Investigación, Universidad del Pacífico.
- Petra E. Todd & Kenneth I. Wolpin, 2003. "On The Specification and Estimation of The Production Function for Cognitive Achievement," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 113(485), pages 3-33, February.
- David Card & Alan B. Krueger, 1996.
"Labor Market Effects of School Quality: Theory and Evidence,"
NBER Working Papers
5450, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David Card & Alan B. Krueger, 1996. "Labor Market Effects of School Quality: Theory and Evidence," Working Papers 736, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Gustavo Yamada & Juan F. Castro, 2010. "Educación superior e ingresos laborales: estimaciones paramétricas y no paramétricas de la rentabilidad por niveles y carreras en el Perú," Working Papers 10-06, Centro de Investigación, Universidad del Pacífico.
- Juan F. Castro & Eduardo Morón & Cynthia Sanborn, 2009. "Helping Reforms Deliver Inclusive Growth in Peru," Chapters of Books,in: L. Rojas-Suarez (ed.), Growing Pains in Latin America, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 1, pages 236-293 Fondo Editorial, Universidad del Pacífico.
- Chiara Binelli, 2008. "Returns to Education and Increasing Wage Inequality in Latin America," Working Paper series 30_08, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nora Lustig & Luis F. Lopez-Calva & Eduardo Ortiz-Juarez, 2013.
"Deconstructing the Decline in Inequality in Latin America,"
1314, Tulane University, Department of Economics.
- Lustig, Nora & Lopez-Calva, Luis F. & Ortiz-Juarez, Eduardo, 2013. "Deconstructing the decline in inequality in Latin America," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6552, The World Bank.
- Adrian Robles & Marcos Robles, 2016. "Changes in Welfare with a Heterogeneous Workforce: The Case of Peru," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 7507, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Peter Paz & Carlos Urrutia, 2015.
"Economic Growth and Wage Stagnation in Peru: 1998–2012,"
Review of Development Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 19(2), pages 328-345, May.
- Peter Paz & Carlos Urrutia, 2014. "Economic Growth and Wage Stagnation in Peru: 1998-2012," Working Papers 2014-5, Peruvian Economic Association.
- Carlos Urrutia & Peter Paz, 2014. "Economic Growth and Wage Stagnation in Peru:1998-2012," Working Papers 1404, Centro de Investigacion Economica, ITAM.
- Peter Paz & Carlos Urrutia, 2014. "Economic Growth and Wage Stagnation in Perú: 1998-2012," Documentos de Trabajo / Working Papers 2014-372, Departamento de Economía - Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú.
More about this item
KeywordsReturns to education; ability; education quality; Peru;
- I24 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Education and Inequality
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pai:wpaper:12-02. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Giit). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deiuppe.html .