Paving Streets for the Poor: Experimental Analysis of Infrastructure Effects
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Marco Gonzalez-Navarro & Climent Quintana-Domeque, 2016. "Paving Streets for the Poor: Experimental Analysis of Infrastructure Effects," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 98(2), pages 254-267, May.
References listed on IDEAS
- Marcelin Joanis, 2011.
"The road to power: partisan loyalty and the centralized provision of local infrastructure,"
Springer, vol. 146(1), pages 117-143, January.
- Marcelin Joanis, 2008. "The Road to Power: Partisan Loyalty and the Centralized Provision of Local Infrastructure," Cahiers de recherche 08-15, Departement d'Economique de l'École de gestion à l'Université de Sherbrooke.
- Marcelin Joanis, 2009. "The Road to Power: Partisan Loyalty and the Centralized Provision of Local Infrastructure," CIRANO Working Papers 2009s-46, CIRANO.
- Auriol, Emmanuelle & Warlters, Michael, 2012.
"The marginal cost of public funds and tax reform in Africa,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 97(1), pages 58-72.
- Auriol, Emmanuelle & Walters, Michael, 2009. "The Marginal Cost of Public Funds and Tax Reform in Africa," TSE Working Papers 09-110, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Brueckner, Jan K., 1982. "A test for allocative efficiency in the local public sector," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 311-331, December.
- John List & Sally Sadoff & Mathis Wagner, 2011.
"So you want to run an experiment, now what? Some simple rules of thumb for optimal experimental design,"
Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 14(4), pages 439-457, November.
- John A. List & Sally Sadoff & Mathis Wagner, 2009. "So you want to run an experiment, now what? Some Simple Rules of Thumb for Optimal Experimental Design," Carlo Alberto Notebooks 125, Collegio Carlo Alberto.
- John List & Sally Sadoff & Mathis Wagner, 2010. "So you want to run an experiment, now what? Some simple rules of thumb for optimal experimental design," Artefactual Field Experiments 00094, The Field Experiments Website.
- John A. List & Sally Sadoff & Mathis Wagner, 2010. "So you want to run an experiment, now what? Some Simple Rules of Thumb for Optimal Experimental Design," NBER Working Papers 15701, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John A. List & Sally Sadoff & Mathis Wagner, 2010. "So you want to run an experiment, now what? Some Simple Rules of Thumb for Optimal Experimental Design," CeRP Working Papers 94, Center for Research on Pensions and Welfare Policies, Turin (Italy).
- Stephanie Riegg Cellini & Fernando Ferreira & Jesse Rothstein, 2010. "The Value of School Facility Investments: Evidence from a Dynamic Regression Discontinuity Design," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 125(1), pages 215-261.
- Kaufmann, Daniel & Quigley, John M., 1987. "The consumption benefits of investment in infrastructure : The evaluation of sites-and-services programs in underdeveloped countries," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 263-284, April.
- Banzhaf, H. Spencer & Farooque, Omar, 2013.
"Interjurisdictional housing prices and spatial amenities: Which measures of housing prices reflect local public goods?,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 43(4), pages 635-648.
- H. Spencer Banzhaf & Omar Farooque, 2012. "Interjurisdictional Housing Prices and Spatial Amenities: Which Measures of Housing Prices Reflect Local Public Goods?," NBER Working Papers 17809, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:wly:japmet:v:32:y:2017:i:2:p:233-254 is not listed on IDEAS
- van de Walle, Dominique, 2002.
"Choosing Rural Road Investments to Help Reduce Poverty,"
Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 575-589, April.
- Van de Walle, Dominique, 2000. "Choosing rural road investments to help reduce poverty," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2458, The World Bank.
- Gonzalez-Navarro, Marco & Quintana-Domeque, Climent, 2009.
"The reliability of self-reported home values in a developing country context,"
Journal of Housing Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 311-324, December.
- Climent Quintana & Marco González, 2008. "The reliability of self-reported home values in a developing country context," Working Papers. Serie AD 2008-18, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Charles M. Tiebout, 1956. "A Pure Theory of Local Expenditures," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 64, pages 416-416.
- Daniel P. McMillen & John McDonald, 2004. "Reaction of House Prices to a New Rapid Transit Line: Chicago's Midway Line, 1983-1999," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 32(3), pages 463-486, September.
- James G. Mackinnon & Matthew D. Webb, 2017.
"Wild Bootstrap Inference for Wildly Different Cluster Sizes,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 32(2), pages 233-254, March.
- James G. MacKinnon & Matthew D. Webb, 2015. "Wild Bootstrap Inference for Wildly Different Cluster Sizes," Working Papers 1314, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Katherine A. Kiel & Jeffrey E. Zabel, 1999. "The Accuracy of Owner-Provided House Values: The 1978-1991 American Housing Survey," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 27(2), pages 263-298.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:pubeco:v:152:y:2017:i:c:p:119-132 is not listed on IDEAS
- Pérez-Cervantes Fernando & Sandoval Hernández Aldo, 2015. "Estimating the Short-Run Effect on Market-Access of the Construction of Better," Working Papers 2015-15, Banco de México.
- Minhaj Mahmud & Yasuyuki Sawada, 2015. "Infrastructure and Well-being: Employment Effects of Jamuna Bridge in Bangladesh," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-986, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Aoyagi, Keitaro & Sawada, Yasuyuki & Shoji, Masahiro, 2014. "Does Infrastructure Facilitate Social Capital Accumulation? Evidence from Natural and Artefactual Field Experiments in a Developing Country," Working Papers 65, JICA Research Institute.
- Duranton, Gilles & Venables, Anthony J, 2018. "Place-Based Policies for Development," CEPR Discussion Papers 12889, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Kenneth Fortson & Randall Blair & Kathryn Gonzalez, 2015. "Evaluation of a Rural Road Rehabilitation Project in Armenia," Mathematica Policy Research Reports 3dad6663ad0343f28cb24633d, Mathematica Policy Research.
- Gunning, Jan Willem & Krishnan, Pramila & Mengistu, Andualem Telaye, 2018.
"Fading Choice: Transport Costs and Variety in Consumer Goods,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
12910, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jan Willem Gunning & Pramila Krishnan & Andualem T Mengistu, 2018. "Fading Choice: Transport Costs and Variety in Consumer Goods," CSAE Working Paper Series 2018-05, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- repec:eee:deveco:v:133:y:2018:i:c:p:375-395 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chen, Daniel L. & Yeh, Susan, 2016.
"Government Expropriation Increases Economic Growth and Racial Inequality: Evidence from Eminent Domain,"
TSE Working Papers
16-693, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Chen, Daniel L. & Yeh, Susan, 2016. "Government Expropriation Increases Economic Growth and Racial Inequality: Evidence from Eminent Domain," IAST Working Papers 16-46, Institute for Advanced Study in Toulouse (IAST).
More about this item
Keywordsdevelopment; infrastructure; credit use; wealth effect; randomized controlled trial;
- C93 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Design of Experiments - - - Field Experiments
- H41 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - Public Goods
- O12 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Microeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
- O18 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Urban, Rural, Regional, and Transportation Analysis; Housing; Infrastructure
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2015-10-04 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2015-10-04 (Development)
- NEP-EXP-2015-10-04 (Experimental Economics)
- NEP-PKE-2015-10-04 (Post Keynesian Economics)
- NEP-TRE-2015-10-04 (Transport Economics)
- NEP-URE-2015-10-04 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oxf:wpaper:757. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anne Pouliquen). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/sfeixuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.