Anticipatory Effects of Rail Upgrades: Auckland’s Western Line
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Arthur Grimes & Chris Young, 2011. "Anticipatory Effects of Rail Upgrades: Auckland's Western Line," ERSA conference papers ersa10p123, European Regional Science Association.
References listed on IDEAS
- Arthur Grimes & Yun Liang, 2007. "Spatial Determinants of Land Prices in Auckland:Does the Metropolitan Urban Limit Have an Effect?," Working Papers 07_09, Motu Economic and Public Policy Research.
- Wang, Ferdinand T. & Zorn, Peter M., 1997. "Estimating House Price Growth with Repeat Sales Data: What's the Aim of the Game?," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 93-118, June.
- Roback, Jennifer, 1982. "Wages, Rents, and the Quality of Life," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 90(6), pages 1257-1278, December.
- Edward L. Glaeser & Matthew E. Kahn & Jordan Rappaport, 2000. "Why Do The Poor Live In Cities?," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1891, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Morito Tsutsumi & Hajime Seya, 2008. "Measuring the impact of large-scale transportation projects on land price using spatial statistical models," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 87(3), pages 385-401, August.
- Gibbons, Stephen & Machin, Stephen, 2005.
"Valuing rail access using transport innovations,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 57(1), pages 148-169, January.
- Steve Gibbons & Stephen Machin, 2004. "Valuing Rail Access Using Transport Innovations," CEP Discussion Papers dp0611, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Gibbons, Stephen & Machin, Stephen, 2004. "Valuing rail access using transport innovations," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 19989, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Bourassa, Steven C. & Hoesli, Martin & Sun, Jian, 2006. "A simple alternative house price index method," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 80-97, March.
- Haughwout, Andrew F., 2002.
"Public infrastructure investments, productivity and welfare in fixed geographic areas,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 83(3), pages 405-428, March.
- Andrew F. Haughwout, 2000. "Public infrastructure investments, productivity and welfare in fixed geographic areas," Staff Reports 104, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Bowes, David R. & Ihlanfeldt, Keith R., 2001. "Identifying the Impacts of Rail Transit Stations on Residential Property Values," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 1-25, July.
- Richard Baldwin & Rikard Forslid & Philippe Martin & Gianmarco Ottaviano & Frederic Robert-Nicoud, 2005.
"Economic Geography and Public Policy,"
Princeton University Press,
edition 1, number 7524.
- Richard Baldwin & Rikard Forslid & Philippe Martin & Gianmarco Ottaviano & Frederic Robert Nicoud, 2003. "Economic Geography and Public Policy," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00179815, HAL.
- Glaeser, Edward L. & Kahn, Matthew E. & Rappaport, Jordan, 2008.
"Why do the poor live in cities The role of public transportation,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 1-24, January.
- Rappaport, Jordan & Kahn, Matthew E. & Glaeser, Edward, 2008. "Why Do The Poor Live In Cities? The Role of Public Transportation," Scholarly Articles 2958224, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- de Vries, Paul & de Haan, Jan & van der Wal, Erna & Mariën, Gust, 2009. "A house price index based on the SPAR method," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 214-223, September.
- Daniel P. McMillen & John McDonald, 2004. "Reaction of House Prices to a New Rapid Transit Line: Chicago's Midway Line, 1983-1999," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 32(3), pages 463-486, September.
- Winston, Clifford & Maheshri, Vikram, 2007. "On the social desirability of urban rail transit systems," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 362-382, September.
- Matthew E. Kahn, 2007. "Gentrification Trends in New Transit-Oriented Communities: Evidence from 14 Cities That Expanded and Built Rail Transit Systems," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 35(2), pages 155-182, June.
- Austin Nichols & Mark E Schaffer, 2007. "Clustered standard errors in Stata," United Kingdom Stata Users' Group Meetings 2007 07, Stata Users Group.
- Baldwin, Richard E., 2001. "Core-periphery model with forward-looking expectations," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 21-49, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Arthur Grimes & Chris Young, 2010. "A Simple Repeat Sales House Price Index: Comparative Properties Under Alternative Data Generation Processes," Working Papers 10_10, Motu Economic and Public Policy Research.
More about this item
KeywordsRail infrastructure investment; urban regeneration;
- H43 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - Project Evaluation; Social Discount Rate
- H54 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Infrastructures
- R41 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Transportation Economics - - - Transportation: Demand, Supply, and Congestion; Travel Time; Safety and Accidents; Transportation Noise
- R42 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Transportation Economics - - - Government and Private Investment Analysis; Road Maintenance; Transportation Planning
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mtu:wpaper:10_11. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Maxine Watene). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/motuenz.html .