A Simple Repeat Sales House Price Index: Comparative Properties Under Alternative Data Generation Processes
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Daniel P. McMillen & John McDonald, 2004. "Reaction of House Prices to a New Rapid Transit Line: Chicago's Midway Line, 1983-1999," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 32(3), pages 463-486, September.
- Bourassa, Steven C. & Hoesli, Martin & Sun, Jian, 2006. "A simple alternative house price index method," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, pages 80-97.
- Sylvia Dixon & David C. Maré, 2005.
"Changes in the Mâori Income Distribution: Evidence from the Population Census,"
Labor and Demography
- Arthur Grimes & Chris Young, 2010. "Anticipatory Effects of Rail Upgrades: Auckland’s Western Line," Working Papers 10_11, Motu Economic and Public Policy Research.
- Arthur Grimes & Chris Young, 2011. "Anticipatory Effects of Rail Upgrades: Auckland's Western Line," ERSA conference papers ersa10p123, European Regional Science Association.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Levente Timar & Arthur Grimes & Richard Fabling, 2014.
"That Sinking Feeling: The Changing Price of Disaster Risk Following an Earthquake,"
14_13, Motu Economic and Public Policy Research.
- Timar, Levente & Grimes, Arthur & Fabling, Richard, 2015. "That Sinking Feeling: The Changing Price of Disaster Risk Following an Earthquake," 2015 Conference (59th), February 10-13, 2015, Rotorua, New Zealand 202982, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Ryan Greenaway-McGrevy & Arthur Grimes & Mark Holmes, 2016. "Two Countries, Sixteen Cities, Five Thousand Kilometres: How Many Housing Markets?," Working Papers 16_04, Motu Economic and Public Policy Research.
- Jed Armstrong & Ashley Dunstan & Tobias Irrcher, 2017. "Evaluating alternative monthly house price measures for New Zealand," Reserve Bank of New Zealand Analytical Notes series AN2017/02, Reserve Bank of New Zealand.
- Ryan Greenaway-McGrevy & Arthur Grimes & Mark Holmes, 2016. "Two countries, sixteen cities, five thousand kilometres: How many housing markets?," ERSA conference papers ersa16p49, European Regional Science Association.
More about this item
KeywordsRepeat-Sales; House Price Index; Case Shiller; Unbalanced Panel;
- C43 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Index Numbers and Aggregation
- R32 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Real Estate Markets, Spatial Production Analysis, and Firm Location - - - Other Spatial Production and Pricing Analysis
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-10-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-ECM-2010-10-09 (Econometrics)
- NEP-URE-2010-10-09 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mtu:wpaper:10_10. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Maxine Watene). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/motuenz.html .