Access to markets and the benefits of rural roads
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Jacoby, Hanan C, 2000. "Access to Markets and the Benefits of Rural Roads," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 110(465), pages 713-737, July.
References listed on IDEAS
- Antonio Estache, 1994. "World Development Report: Infrastructure for Development," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/44144, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Gersovitz, Mark, 1989. "Transportation, State Marketing, and the Taxation of the Agricultural Hinterland," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(5), pages 1113-1137, October.
- Mendelsohn, Robert & Nordhaus, William D & Shaw, Daigee, 1994. "The Impact of Global Warming on Agriculture: A Ricardian Analysis," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(4), pages 753-771, September.
- J. Stephen Clark & Murray Fulton & John T. Scott, 1993. "The Inconsistency of Land Values, Land Rents, and Capitalization Formulas," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 75(1), pages 147-155.
- Chalamwong, Yongyuth & Feder, Gershon, 1988. "The Impact of Landownership Security: Theory and Evidence from Thailand," The World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 2(2), pages 187-204, May.
- Steven Were Omamo, 1998. "Transport Costs and Smallholder Cropping Choices: An Application to Siaya District, Kenya," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 80(1), pages 116-123.
- Barnett,William A. & Powell,James & Tauchen,George E. (ed.), 1991. "Nonparametric and Semiparametric Methods in Econometrics and Statistics," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521424318, December.
- Robinson, Peter M, 1988. "Root- N-Consistent Semiparametric Regression," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 56(4), pages 931-954, July.
- Barnett,William A. & Powell,James & Tauchen,George E. (ed.), 1991. "Nonparametric and Semiparametric Methods in Econometrics and Statistics," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521370905, December.
- Colwell, Peter F. & Munneke, Henry J., 1997. "The Structure of Urban Land Prices," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 321-336, May.
- Timothy J. Bartik & V. Kerry Smith, 1996.
"Urban Amenities and Public Policy,"
Book chapters authored by Upjohn Institute researchers, in: V. Kerry Smith (ed.),Estimating Economic Values for Nature: Methods for Non-Market Valuation, pages 271-318,
W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Bartik, Timothy J. & Smith, V. Kerry, 1987. "Urban amenities and public policy," Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics, in: E. S. Mills (ed.), Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 31, pages 1207-1254, Elsevier.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Fernández Sainz, Ana Isabel & Rodríguez Poo, Juan M. & Villanúa Martín, Inmaculada, 1999. "Finite sample behavior of two step estimators in selection models," BILTOKI 1134-8984, Universidad del País Vasco - Departamento de Economía Aplicada III (Econometría y Estadística).
- Atak, Alev & Linton, Oliver & Xiao, Zhijie, 2011.
"A semiparametric panel model for unbalanced data with application to climate change in the United Kingdom,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 164(1), pages 92-115, September.
- Alev Atak & Oliver Linton & Zhijie Xiao, 2010. "A Semiparametric Panel Model for unbalanced data with Application to Climate Change in the United Kingdom," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 762, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Alev Atak & Oliver Linton & Zhijie Xiao, 2011. "A semiparametric panel model for unbalanced data with application to climate change in the United Kingdom," Post-Print hal-00844810, HAL.
- Atak, Alev & Linton, Oliver B. & Xiao, Zhijie, 2010. "A Semiparametric Panel Model for Unbalanced Data with Application to Climate Change in the United Kingdom," MPRA Paper 22079, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Stoker, Thomas M., 1996. "Smoothing bias in the measurement of marginal effects," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 72(1-2), pages 49-84.
- Arthur Lewbel, 2000. "Asymptotic Trimming for Bounded Density Plug-in Estimators," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 479, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 30 Oct 2000.
- Katrin Hussinger, 2008.
"R&D and subsidies at the firm level: an application of parametric and semiparametric two-step selection models,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(6), pages 729-747.
- Hussinger, Katrin, 2003. "R&D and Subsidies at the Firm Level: An Application of Parametric and Semi-Parametric Two-Step Selection Models," ZEW Discussion Papers 03-63, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Katrin Hussinger, 2004. "R&D and Subsidies at the Firm Level: An Application of Parametric and Semi-Parametric Two-Step Selection Models," Public Economics 0403005, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Daniel P. McMillen & Christopher Redfearn, 2007. "Estimation, Interpretation, and Hypothesis Testing for Nonparametric Hedonic House Price Functions," Working Paper 8550, USC Lusk Center for Real Estate.
- Xia, Yingcun & Härdle, Wolfgang, 2006. "Semi-parametric estimation of partially linear single-index models," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 97(5), pages 1162-1184, May.
- Ted Gayer & James T. Hamilton & W. Kip Viscusi, 2002. "The Market Value of Reducing Cancer Risk: Hedonic Housing Prices with Changing Information," Southern Economic Journal, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 69(2), pages 266-289, October.
- Chen, Songnian & Zhou, Yahong, 2010. "Semiparametric and nonparametric estimation of sample selection models under symmetry," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 157(1), pages 143-150, July.
- Caetano, Carolina & Rothe, Christoph & Yıldız, Neşe, 2016. "A discontinuity test for identification in triangular nonseparable models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 193(1), pages 113-122.
- Emran, M. Shahe & Shilpi. Forhad, 2002. "Marketing externalities and market development," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2839, The World Bank.
- Nicoletti, Cheti, 2008. "Multiple sample selection in the estimation of intergenerational occupational mobility," ISER Working Paper Series 2008-20, Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Horowitz, Joel L., 2004. "Semiparametric models," Papers 2004,17, Humboldt University of Berlin, Center for Applied Statistics and Economics (CASE).
- McMillen, Daniel P. & William Lester, T., 2003. "Evolving subcenters: employment and population densities in Chicago, 1970-2020," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 60-81, March.
- Palmquist, Raymond B., 2006. "Property Value Models," Handbook of Environmental Economics, in: K. G. Mäler & J. R. Vincent (ed.), Handbook of Environmental Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 16, pages 763-819, Elsevier.
- Wang, Qihua & Härdle, Wolfgang & Linton, Oliver, 2002.
"Semiparametric regression analysis under imputation for missing response data,"
SFB 373 Discussion Papers
2002,6, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Hardle, Wolfgang & Linton, Oliver & Wang, Qihua, 2003. "Semiparametric regression analysis under imputation for missing response data," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 2206, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Wolfgang Haerdle & Oliver Linton & Qihua Wang, 2003. "Semiparametric Regression Analysis under Imputation for Missing Response Data," STICERD - Econometrics Paper Series 454, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Giuseppe De Luca & Franco Peracchi, 2007. "A sample selection model for unit and item nonresponse in cross-sectional surveys," CEIS Research Paper 95, Tor Vergata University, CEIS.
- Das, M., 2003. "Identification and sequential estimation of panel data models with insufficient exclusion restrictions," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 114(2), pages 297-328, June.
- Newey, Whitney K., 1999. "Consistency of two-step sample selection estimators despite misspecification of distribution," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 63(2), pages 129-132, May.
- Jacopo Mazza, 2012. "Does Risk Matter? A Semi-parametric Model for Educational Choices in the Presence of Uncertainty," Economics Discussion Paper Series 1225, Economics, The University of Manchester.
More about this item
KeywordsHealth Economics&Finance; Environmental Economics&Policies; Banks&Banking Reform; Economic Theory&Research; Labor Policies; Economic Theory&Research; Environmental Economics&Policies; Health Economics&Finance; Banks&Banking Reform; Roads&Highways;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:2028. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Roula I. Yazigi (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.