Competitive Effects of Scope of Practice Restrictions: Public Health or Public Harm?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Wing, Coady & Marier, Allison, 2014. "Effects of occupational regulations on the cost of dental services: Evidence from dental insurance claims," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 131-143.
- Timmons, Edward Joseph, 2017. "The effects of expanded nurse practitioner and physician assistant scope of practice on the cost of Medicaid patient care," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 121(2), pages 189-196.
- Stange, Kevin, 2014.
"How does provider supply and regulation influence health care markets? Evidence from nurse practitioners and physician assistants,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 1-27.
- Kevin M. Stange, 2013. "How Does Provider Supply and Regulation Influence Health Care Market? Evidence from Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants," NBER Working Papers 19172, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Morris M. Kleiner & Allison Marier & Kyoung Won Park & Coady Wing, 2016.
"Relaxing Occupational Licensing Requirements: Analyzing Wages and Prices for a Medical Service,"
Journal of Law and Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 59(2), pages 261-291.
- Morris M. Kleiner & Allison Marier & Kyoung Won Park & Coady Wing, 2014. "Relaxing Occupational Licensing Requirements: Analyzing Wages and Prices for a Medical Service," NBER Working Papers 19906, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:1998:88:4:675-679_7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bijan J. Borah & Anirban Basu, 2013. "Highlighting Differences Between Conditional And Unconditional Quantile Regression Approaches Through An Application To Assess Medication Adherence," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(9), pages 1052-1070, September.
- Sergio Firpo & Nicole M. Fortin & Thomas Lemieux, 2009.
"Unconditional Quantile Regressions,"
Econometric Society, vol. 77(3), pages 953-973, May.
- SErgio Firpo & Nicole M. Fortin & Thomas Lemieux, 2006. "Unconditional Quantile Regressions," Textos para discussão 533, Department of Economics PUC-Rio (Brazil).
- Sergio Firpo & Nicole M. Fortin & Thomas Lemieux, 2007. "Unconditional Quantile Regressions," NBER Technical Working Papers 0339, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- D. Mark Anderson & Ryan Brown & Kerwin Kofi Charles & Daniel I. Rees, 2016.
"The Effect of Occupational Licensing on Consumer Welfare: Early Midwifery Laws and Maternal Mortality,"
NBER Working Papers
22456, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Anderson, D. Mark & Brown, Ryan & Charles, Kerwin Kofi & Rees, Daniel I., 2016. "The Effect of Occupational Licensing on Consumer Welfare: Early Midwifery Laws and Maternal Mortality," IZA Discussion Papers 10074, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Suyoun Han & Morris M. Kleiner, 2016. "Analyzing the Influence of Occupational Licensing Duration and Grandfathering on Labor Market Outcomes," NBER Working Papers 22810, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Morris M. Kleiner & Kyoung Won Park, 2010. "Battles Among Licensed Occupations: Analyzing Government Regulations on Labor Market Outcomes for Dentists and Hygienists," NBER Working Papers 16560, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:1997:87:3:344-351_4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Miller Amalia R, 2006. "The Impact of Midwifery-Promoting Public Policies on Medical Interventions and Health Outcomes," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 6(1), pages 1-36, October.
- Alex Bryson & Morris M. Kleiner, 2010. "The Regulation of Occupations," British Journal of Industrial Relations, London School of Economics, vol. 48(4), pages 670-675, December.
More about this item
- I1 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health
- J44 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Particular Labor Markets - - - Professional Labor Markets and Occupations
- K2 - Law and Economics - - Regulation and Business Law
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2016-11-06 (All new papers)
- NEP-HEA-2016-11-06 (Health Economics)
- NEP-LAW-2016-11-06 (Law & Economics)
- NEP-LMA-2016-11-06 (Labor Markets - Supply, Demand, & Wages)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:22780. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: () or (Joanne Lustig). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.