The evolution of world trade and the Italian â€˜anomaly': a new look
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Michele Di Maio & Federico Tamagni, 2008. "The Evolution of World Export Sophistication and the Italian Trade Anomaly," Rivista di Politica Economica, SIPI Spa, vol. 98(1), pages 135-174, January-F.
- Michele Di Maio & Federico Tamagni, 2007. "The Evolution of the World Trade and the Italian ‘Anomaly’: A New Look," Development Working Papers 227, Centro Studi Luca d'Agliano, University of Milano.
References listed on IDEAS
- Robert C. Feenstra & Andrew K. Rose, "undated".
"Putting Things In Order: Patterns Of Trade Dynamics And Growth,"
Department of Economics
97-14, California Davis - Department of Economics.
- Robert C. Feenstra & Andrew K. Rose, 1997. "Putting Things in Order: Patterns of Trade Dynamics and Growth," NBER Working Papers 5975, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert Feenstra & Andrew K. Rose & Pierpaolo Battigalli, 2003. "Putting Things In Order: Patterns Of Trade Dynamics And Growth," Working Papers 9714, University of California, Davis, Department of Economics.
- Luca De Benedictis & Massimo Tamberi, 2004. "Overall Specialization Empirics: Techniques and Applications," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 15(4), pages 323-346, October.
- Andrea Brasili & Paolo Epifani & Rodolfo Helg, 1999.
"On the dynamics of trade patterns,"
LIUC Papers in Economics
61, Cattaneo University (LIUC).
- Andrea Brasili & Paolo Epifani & Rodolfo Helg, 2000. "On the Dynamics of Trade Patterns," International Trade 0004006, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Andrea Brasili & Paolo Epifani & Rodolfo Helg, 2000. "On the Dynamics of Trade Patterns," KITeS Working Papers 115, KITeS, Centre for Knowledge, Internationalization and Technology Studies, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy, revised Jul 2000.
- Dalum, Bent & Laursen, Keld & Verspagen, Bart, 1999. "Does Specialization Matter for Growth?," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 8(2), pages 267-288, June.
- Luca De Benedictis & Marco Gallegati & Massimo Tamberi, 2007. "Semiparametric analysis of the specialization-income relationship," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(4), pages 301-306.
- Luca De Benedictis, 2005. "Three Decades of Italian Comparative Advantages," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 28(11), pages 1679-1709, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Paolo Di Martino & Michelangelo Vasta, 2012. "Happy 150th Birthday Italy? Institutions and Economic Performance Since 1861," Department of Economics University of Siena 662, Department of Economics, University of Siena.
- repec:bdi:workqs:qse_09 is not listed on IDEAS
- João Amador & José R. Maria & Sónia Cabral, 2007. "Export Specialization Over the Last Four Decades: How Does Portugal Compare With Other Cohesion Countries?," Economic Bulletin and Financial Stability Report Articles and Banco de Portugal Economic Studies, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Osbat, Chiara & Zollino, Francesco & Aiello, Giovanni & Bluhm, Benjamin & Buelens, Christian & Cavallini, Flavia & Joseph, Andreas & Leonte, Alexandru & Lommatzsch, Kirsten & Momchilov, Georgi & Giord, 2015. "Compendium on the diagnostic toolkit for competitiveness," Occasional Paper Series 163, European Central Bank.
- Federico, Giovanni & Wolf, Nikolaus, 2012. "Italy’s Comparative Advantage: A Long-Run Perspective," CEPR Discussion Papers 8758, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Marco PLATANIA, 2014. "Trade Advantage Of Italian Industrial Districts:Persistence And Change," Regional and Sectoral Economic Studies, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 14(2).
- Birolo, Adriano, 2009.
"Dalla crisi allo sviluppo: quali strategie per le PMI?
[From the crisis to the growth. Policies to sustain the SM firms]," MPRA Paper 31082, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Carbone, Anna & Henke, Roberto & Pozzolo, Alberto F., 2015.
"Italian agri-food exports in the international arena,"
Bio-based and Applied Economics Journal,
Italian Association of Agricultural and Applied Economics (AIEAA), issue 1, April.
- Carbone, Anna & Henke, R. & Pozzolo, A. F., 2013. "Italian agri-food exports in the international arena," 2013 Second Congress, June 6-7, 2013, Parma, Italy 149888, Italian Association of Agricultural and Applied Economics (AIEAA).
- Carbone, Anna & Henke, Roberto & Pozzolo, Alberto Franco, 2014. "Italian agri-food exports in the international arena," Economics & Statistics Discussion Papers esdp14072, University of Molise, Dept. EGSeI.
- Francesco Serti & Chiara Tomasi & Antonello Zanfei, 2010. "Who Trades with Whom? Exploring the Links between Firms' International Activities, Skills, and Wages," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(5), pages 951-971, November.
- João Amador & Sónia Cabral & José Maria, 2010. "What can we learn from the distribution of trade patterns?," Portuguese Economic Journal, Springer;Instituto Superior de Economia e Gestao, vol. 9(2), pages 77-95, August.
- Giorgia Giovannetti & Marco Sanfilippo, 2016.
"China’s competition and the export price strategies of developed countries,"
International Review of Applied Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(2), pages 238-254, March.
- Giorgia Giovannetti & Marco Sanfilippo, 2012. "China’s competition and the export price strategies of developed countries," FIW Working Paper series 102, FIW.
- Giorgia Giovannetti & Marco Sanfilippo, 2013. "China's Competition and the Export Price Strategies of Developed Countries," Working Papers - Economics wp2013_02.rdf, Universita' degli Studi di Firenze, Dipartimento di Scienze per l'Economia e l'Impresa.
- Michelangelo Vasta, 2009. "Italian export capacity in the long run perspective (1861-2009): a tortuous path to keep the position," Department of Economics University of Siena 572, Department of Economics, University of Siena.
- Miguel Lebre de Freitas & Ricardo Paes Mamede, 2008. "Structural Transformation and the role of Foreign Direct Investment in Portugal: a descriptive analysis for the period 1990-2005," GEE Papers 0009, Gabinete de Estratégia e Estudos, Ministério da Economia, revised Dec 2008.
- Susana SALVADO & Miguel LEBRE DE FREITAS, "undated". "Industry Similarities, Comparative Advantage and Upscale Opportunities for Portugal in the Process of Structural Transformation: an Empirical Assessment Based on 2005 Trade Data," EcoMod2008 23800122, EcoMod.
- Giovanni Federico & Nikolaus Wolf, 2011. "Comparative Advantages in Italy: A Long-Run Perspective," Quaderni di storia economica (Economic History Working Papers) 09, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- repec:ecb:ecbops:2012163 is not listed on IDEAS
- Miguel Lebre de Freitas & Ricardo Paes Mamede, 2011. "Structural transformation of Portuguese exports and the role of foreign-owned firms: A descriptive analysis for the period 1995-2005," Notas Económicas, Faculty of Economics, University of Coimbra, issue 33, pages 20-43, June.
- João Amador & José R. Maria & Sónia Cabral, 2007.
"International Trade Patterns over the Last Four Decades: How does Portugal Compare with other Cohesion Countries?,"
w200714, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Amador, João & Cabral, Sónia & Ramos Maria, José, 2007. "International Trade Patterns over the Last Four Decades: How does Portugal Compare with other Cohesion Countries?," MPRA Paper 5996, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Francesco Serti & Chiara Tomasi & Antonello Zanfei, 2009. "The links between internationalization, skills and wages. The role of differences across firms and across partner countries," LEM Papers Series 2009/19, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Jules Leichter & Cristina Mocci & Stefania Pozzuoli, "undated". "Measuring External Competitiveness:An Overview," Working Papers 2, Department of the Treasury, Ministry of the Economy and of Finance.
More about this item
KeywordsPRODY index; RCA; Specialization pattern;
- C14 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Semiparametric and Nonparametric Methods: General
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mcr:wpdief:wpaper00039. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Silvana Tartufoli). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dimacit.html .