The Evolution of World Export Sophistication and the Italian Trade Anomaly
This work provides an empirical assessment of the sophistication level of the Italian international specialization pattern from 1980 to recent years. In particular we present an original analysis which explores the intertemporal co-evolution of the newly proposed PRODY index of export sophistication (Hausmann et al. 2005, 2007) with standard measures of revealed comparative advantage. We argue that the results of this exercise can shed light on the Italian "trade specialization anomaly".
Volume (Year): 98 (2008)
Issue (Month): 1 (January-February)
|Contact details of provider:|| |
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Andrea Brasili & Paolo Epifani & Rodolfo Helg, 1999.
"On the dynamics of trade patterns,"
LIUC Papers in Economics
61, Cattaneo University (LIUC).
- Andrea Brasili & Paolo Epifani & Rodolfo Helg, 2000. "On the Dynamics of Trade Patterns," International Trade 0004006, EconWPA.
- Andrea Brasili & Paolo Epifani & Rodolfo Helg, 2000. "On the Dynamics of Trade Patterns," KITeS Working Papers 115, KITeS, Centre for Knowledge, Internationalization and Technology Studies, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy, revised Jul 2000.
- Luca De Benedictis, 2005. "Three Decades of Italian Comparative Advantages," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 28(11), pages 1679-1709, November.
- Luca De Benedictis & Massimo Tamberi, 2004. "Overall Specialization Empirics: Techniques and Applications," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 15(4), pages 323-346, October.
- Robert Feenstra & Andrew K. Rose & Pierpaolo Battigalli, 2003.
"Putting Things In Order: Patterns Of Trade Dynamics And Growth,"
9714, University of California, Davis, Department of Economics.
- Robert C. Feenstra & Andrew K. Rose, 1997. "Putting Things in Order: Patterns of Trade Dynamics and Growth," NBER Working Papers 5975, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert C. Feenstra & Andrew K. Rose, . "Putting Things In Order: Patterns Of Trade Dynamics And Growth," Department of Economics 97-14, California Davis - Department of Economics.
- Luca De Benedictis & Marco Gallegati & Massimo Tamberi, 2007. "Semiparametric analysis of the specialization-income relationship," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(4), pages 301-306.
- Dalum, Bent & Laursen, Keld & Verspagen, Bart, 1999. "Does Specialization Matter for Growth?," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 8(2), pages 267-88, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rpo:ripoec:v:98:y:2008:i:1:p:135-174. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sabrina Marino)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.