China’s competition and the export price strategies of developed countries
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Giorgia Giovannetti & Marco Sanfilippo, 2016. "China’s competition and the export price strategies of developed countries," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(2), pages 238-254, March.
- Giorgia Giovannetti & Marco Sanfilippo, 2013. "China's Competition and the Export Price Strategies of Developed Countries," Working Papers - Economics wp2013_02.rdf, Universita' degli Studi di Firenze, Dipartimento di Scienze per l'Economia e l'Impresa.
References listed on IDEAS
- Matteo Bugamelli & Silvia Fabiani & Enrico Sette, 2010. "The pro-competitive effect of imports from China: an analysis of firm-level price data," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 737, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Martin, Julien & Méjean, Isabelle, 2011.
"Low-Wage Countries' Competition, Reallocation Across Firms and the Quality Content of Exports,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
8231, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Julien Martin & Isabelle Méjean, 2011. "Low-wage countries' competition, reallocation across firms and the quality content of exports," PSE - G-MOND WORKING PAPERS halshs-00962485, HAL.
- Julien Martin & Isabelle Méjean, 2012. "Low-Wage Countries’ Competition, Reallocation Across Firms and the Quality Content of Exports," Working Papers 2012-04, CEPII research center.
- Jeffrey M Wooldridge, 2010.
"Econometric Analysis of Cross Section and Panel Data,"
MIT Press Books,
The MIT Press,
edition 2, volume 1, number 0262232588, January.
- Jeffrey M. Wooldridge, 2001. "Econometric Analysis of Cross Section and Panel Data," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262232197, March.
- Mayer, Thierry & Zignago, Soledad, 2006.
"Notes on CEPII’s distances measures,"
26469, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Thierry Mayer & Soledad Zignago, 2011. "Notes on CEPII’s distances measures: The GeoDist database," Working Papers 2011-25, CEPII research center.
- Alberto Felettigh & Stefano Federico, 2011.
"Measuring the price elasticity of import demand in the destination markets of italian exports,"
ECONOMIA E POLITICA INDUSTRIALE,
FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2011(1), pages 127-162.
- Alberto Felettigh & Stefano Federico, 2010. "Measuring the price elasticity of import demand in the destination markets of Italian export," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 776, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Antoine Berthou & Charlotte Emlinger, 2011. "The Trade Unit Values database," International Economics, CEPII research center, issue 128, pages 97-117.
- Jörg Mayer, 2002.
"The Fallacy of Composition: A Review of the Literature,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 25(6), pages 875-894, June.
- Jörg Mayer, 2003. "The Fallacy Of Composition: A Review Of The Literature," UNCTAD Discussion Papers 166, United Nations Conference on Trade and Development.
- Gaulier, Guillaume & Zignago, Soledad, 2004.
"Notes on BACI (analytical database of international trade). 1989-2002 version,"
32401, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Guillaume Gaulier & Soledad Zignago, 2010. "BACI: International Trade Database at the Product-Level. The 1994-2007 Version," Working Papers 2010-23, CEPII research center.
- Julien Martin & Isabelle Méjean, 2011. "Low-wage countries' competition, reallocation across firms and the quality content of exports," Working Papers halshs-00962485, HAL.
- Fu, Xiaolan & Kaplinsky, Raphael & Zhang, Jing, 2012. "The Impact of China on Low and Middle Income Countries’ Export Prices in Industrial-Country Markets," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(8), pages 1483-1496.
- Filip Abraham & Jan Van Hove, 2011. "Chinese competition in OECD markets: impact on the export position and export strategy of OECD countries," Journal of Economic Policy Reform, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(2), pages 151-170.
- Robert Koopman & Zhi Wang & Shang-Jin Wei, 2008. "How Much of Chinese Exports is Really Made In China? Assessing Domestic Value-Added When Processing Trade is Pervasive," NBER Working Papers 14109, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lall, Sanjaya & Albaladejo, Manuel, 2004.
"China's Competitive Performance: A Threat to East Asian Manufactured Exports?,"
Elsevier, vol. 32(9), pages 1441-1466, September.
- Sanjaya Lall and Manuel Albaladejo (QEH), "undated". "China’s Competitive Performance: A Threat To East Asian Manufactured Exports?," QEH Working Papers qehwps110, Queen Elizabeth House, University of Oxford.
- VANDENBUSSCHE, Hylke & DI COMITE, Francesco & ROVEGNO, Laura & VIEGELAHN, Christian, 2011.
"Moving up the quality ladder? EU-China trade dynamics in clothing,"
CORE Discussion Papers
2011067, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Hylke Vandenbussche & Francesco Di Comite & Laura Rovegno & Christian Viegelahn, 2011. "Moving up the Quality ladder? EU-China Trade Dynamics in Clothing," LICOS Discussion Papers 30111, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Di Comite, Francesco & Rovegno, Laura & Vandenbussche, Hylke & Viegelahn, Christian, 2011. "Moving up the Quality ladder? EU-China Trade Dynamics in Clothing," CEPR Discussion Papers 8725, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Hylke VANDENBUSSCHE & Francesco DI COMITE & Laura ROVEGNO & Christian VIEGELAHN, 2011. "Moving up the Quality ladder? EU-China Trade Dynamics in Clothing," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 2011047, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Michele Di Maio & Federico Tamagni, 2008.
"The Evolution of World Export Sophistication and the Italian Trade Anomaly,"
Rivista di Politica Economica,
SIPI Spa, vol. 98(1), pages 135-174, January-F.
- Michele Di Maio & Federico Tamagni, 2006. "The evolution of world trade and the Italian â€˜anomaly': a new look," Working Papers 39-2006, Macerata University, Department of Finance and Economic Sciences, revised Oct 2008.
- Michele Di Maio & Federico Tamagni, 2007. "The Evolution of the World Trade and the Italian ‘Anomaly’: A New Look," Development Working Papers 227, Centro Studi Luca d'Agliano, University of Milano.
- Ricotta, Fernanda & Mannarino, Lidia & Pupo, Valeria & Succurro, Marianna, 2008. "Export quality in the machinery sector: Some evidence from main competitors," MPRA Paper 12677, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- David Hummels & Peter J. Klenow, 2005. "The Variety and Quality of a Nation's Exports," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 95(3), pages 704-723, June.
- Joao Pedro Azevedo, 2004. "GRQREG: Stata module to graph the coefficients of a quantile regression," Statistical Software Components S437001, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 17 Mar 2011.
- Filip Abraham & Jan Van Hove, 2010. "Can Belgian firms cope with the Chinese dragon and the Asian tigers ? The export performance of multi-product firms on foreign markets," Working Paper Research 204, National Bank of Belgium.
- Warmedinger, Thomas, 2004. "Import prices and pricing-to-market effects in the euro area," Working Paper Series 299, European Central Bank.
- repec:pit:wpaper:391 is not listed on IDEAS
- Raphael Kaplinsky & Amelia U. Santos-Paulino, 2006. "A disaggregated analysis of EU imports: the implications for the study of patterns of trade and technology," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 30(4), pages 587-611, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Matteo Bugamelli & Silvia Fabiani & Stefano Federico & Alberto Felettigh & Claire Giordano & Andrea Linarello, 2018.
"Back on Track? A Macro–Micro Narrative of Italian Exports,"
Italian Economic Journal: A Continuation of Rivista Italiana degli Economisti and Giornale degli Economisti,
Springer;Società Italiana degli Economisti (Italian Economic Association), vol. 4(1), pages 1-31, March.
- Matteo Bugamelli & Silvia Fabiani & Stefano Federico & Alberto Felettigh & Claire Giordano & Andrea Linarello, 2017. "Back on track? A macro-micro narrative of Italian exports," Questioni di Economia e Finanza (Occasional Papers) 399, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Matteo Bugamelli & Silvia Fabiani & Stefano Federico & Alberto Felettigh & Claire Giordano & Andrea Linarello, 2018. "Back on Track? A micro-macro Narrative of Italian Exports," Working Papers 1, Department of the Treasury, Ministry of the Economy and of Finance.
More about this item
KeywordsChina; export price competition; Italy;
- F10 - International Economics - - Trade - - - General
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wsr:wpaper:y:2012:i:102. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.