Fiscal Stabilization in the United States: Lessons for Monetary Unions
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- repec:euf:qreuro:0152-01 is not listed on IDEAS
- Davide Furceri & Aleksandra Zdzienicka, 2015.
"The Euro Area Crisis: Need for a Supranational Fiscal Risk Sharing Mechanism?,"
Open Economies Review,
Springer, vol. 26(4), pages 683-710, September.
- Davide Furceri & Aleksandra Zdzienicka, 2013. "The Euro Area Crisis; Need for a Supranational Fiscal Risk Sharing Mechanism?," IMF Working Papers 13/198, International Monetary Fund.
- repec:ecb:ecbbox:2018:0005:3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Pierfederico Asdrubali & Bent E. Sørensen & Oved Yosha, 1996. "Channels of Interstate Risk Sharing: United States 1963–1990," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 111(4), pages 1081-1110.
- Vogel, Lukas, 2017. "Structural reforms at the zero bound," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 74-90.
- Ralf Hepp & Jürgen von Hagen, 2013.
"Interstate risk sharing in Germany: 1970--2006,"
Oxford Economic Papers,
Oxford University Press, vol. 65(1), pages 1-24, January.
- Ralf Hepp & JÃ¼rgen von Hagen, 2010. "Interstate Risk Sharing in Germany: 1970-2006," Fordham Economics Discussion Paper Series dp2010-04, Fordham University, Department of Economics.
- Ralf Hepp & Juergen von Hagen, 2010. "Interstate Risk Sharing in Germany: 1970-2006," Working papers 2010-13, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Hepp, Ralf & von Hagen, Jürgen, 2010. "Interstate risk sharing in Germany: 1970-2006," ZEI Working Papers B 03-2010, University of Bonn, ZEI - Center for European Integration Studies.
- Hepp, Ralf & von Hagen, Jürgen, 2011. "Interstate Risk Sharing in Germany:1970-2006," CEPR Discussion Papers 8593, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Afonso, António & Furceri, Davide, 2008. "EMU enlargement, stabilization costs and insurance mechanisms," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 169-187, March.
- Olivier Blanchard & Eugenio Cerutti & Lawrence Summers, 2015.
"Inflation and Activity – Two Explorations and their Monetary Policy Implications,"
NBER Working Papers
21726, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Olivier J Blanchard & Eugenio M Cerutti & Lawrence Summers, 2015. "Inflation and Activity – Two Explorations and their Monetary Policy Implications," IMF Working Papers 15/230, International Monetary Fund.
- Olivier Blanchard & Eugenio Cerutti & Lawrence H. Summers, 2015. "Inflation and Activity: Two Explorations and Their Monetary Policy Implications," Working Paper Series WP15-19, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Blanchard, Oliver & Cerutti, Eugenio & SUmmers, Lawrence, 2015. "Inflation and Activity - Two Explorations and Their Monetary Policy Implications," Working Paper Series 15-070, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Campos, Nauro F. & Jarko, Fidrmuc & Iikka, Korhonen, 2017.
"Business cycle synchronisation in a currency union : Taking stock of the evidence,"
Research Discussion Papers
28/2017, Bank of Finland.
- Nauro F. Campos & Jarko Fidrmuc & Iikka Korhonen, 2017. "Business Cycle Synchronisation in a Currency Union: Taking Stock of the Evidence," GRU Working Paper Series GRU_2017_017, City University of Hong Kong, Department of Economics and Finance, Global Research Unit.
- Fidrmuc, Jarko & Campos, Nauro F. & Korhonen, Iikka, 2018. "Business Cycle Synchronisation in a Currency Union: Taking Stock of the Evidence," Annual Conference 2018 (Freiburg, Breisgau): Digital Economy 181608, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Tigran Poghosyan & Abdelhak Senhadji & Carlo Cottarelli, 2016.
"The Role of Fiscal Transfers in Smoothing Regional Shocks: Evidence from Existing Federations,"
18, European Stability Mechanism.
- Tigran Poghosyan & Abdelhak S Senhadji & Carlo Cottarelli, 2016. "The Role of Fiscal Transfers in Smoothing Regional Shocks; Evidence from Existing Federations," IMF Working Papers 16/141, International Monetary Fund.
- James Feyrer & Bruce Sacerdote, 2013. "How Much Would US Style Fiscal Integration Buffer European Unemployment and Income Shocks? (A Comparative Empirical Analysis)," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 103(3), pages 125-128, May.
- Robert C. M. Beyer & Frank Smets, 2015. "Editor'S Choice Labour market adjustments and migration in Europe and the United States: how different?," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 30(84), pages 643-682.
- repec:spr:epolit:v:36:y:2019:i:1:d:10.1007_s40888-018-0136-0 is not listed on IDEAS
- Alessandro Ferrari & Anna Rogantini Picco, 2016. "International Risk Sharing in the EMU," Working Papers 17, European Stability Mechanism.
- Eichengreen, Barry, 1990.
"One Money for Europe? Lessons from the US Currency Union,"
Department of Economics, Working Paper Series
qt6ks1k831, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Barry Eichengreen., 1990. "One Money for Europe? Lessons from the US Currency Union," Economics Working Papers 90-132, University of California at Berkeley.
- Forni, Mario & Reichlin, Lucrezia, 2001.
"Federal policies and local economies: Europe and the US,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 109-134, January.
- Mario Forni & Lucrezia Reichlin, 2001. "Federal policies and local economies: Europe and the U.S," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/10141, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Eichengreen, B., 1992. "Should the Maastricht Treaty be Saved?," Princeton Studies in International Economics 74, International Economics Section, Departement of Economics Princeton University,.
- Smets, Frank & Beyer, Robert C. M., 2015. "Labour market adjustments in Europe and the US: How different?," Working Paper Series 1767, European Central Bank.
- Mai Dao & Davide Furceri & Prakash Loungani, 2014. "Regional Labor Market Adjustments in the United States and Europe," IMF Working Papers 14/26, International Monetary Fund.
More about this item
KeywordsChina; Monetary Union; Macroeconomic Stabilization; Fiscal Policy; Monetary Policy;
- E63 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Comparative or Joint Analysis of Fiscal and Monetary Policy; Stabilization; Treasury Policy
- F36 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Financial Aspects of Economic Integration
- F41 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Open Economy Macroeconomics
- F45 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Macroeconomic Issues of Monetary Unions
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-IAS-2019-05-06 (Insurance Economics)
- NEP-MAC-2019-05-06 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-ORE-2019-05-06 (Operations Research)
- NEP-PKE-2019-05-06 (Post Keynesian Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lev:wrkpap:wp_926. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Elizabeth Dunn). General contact details of provider: http://www.levyinstitute.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.