The Radical Innovation Investment Decision Refined
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Tommy Clausen & Mikko Pohjola & Koson Sapprasert & Bart Verspagen, 2012.
"Innovation strategies as a source of persistent innovation,"
Industrial and Corporate Change,
Oxford University Press, vol. 21(3), pages 553-585, June.
- Tommy Clausen & Mikko Pohjola & Koson Sapprasert & Bart Verspagen, 2010. "Innovation strategies as a source of persistent innovation," Working Papers on Innovation Studies 20100617, Centre for Technology, Innovation and Culture, University of Oslo.
- Lipsey, Richard G. & Carlaw, Kenneth I. & Bekar, Clifford T., 2005. "Economic Transformations: General Purpose Technologies and Long-Term Economic Growth," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199290895.
- Dixit, Avinash K, 1989. "Entry and Exit Decisions under Uncertainty," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(3), pages 620-638, June.
- Jan Fagerberg & Bart Verspagen, 2007.
"Innovation, growth and economic development: have the conditions for catch-up changed?,"
International Journal of Technological Learning, Innovation and Development,
Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 1(1), pages 13-33.
- Jan Fagerberg & Bart Verspagen, 2007. "Innovation, growth and economic development: have the conditions for catch-up changed?," Working Papers Archives 2007001, Centre for Technology, Innovation and Culture, University of Oslo.
- Freeman, Christopher & Soete, Luc, 2009.
"Developing science, technology and innovation indicators: What we can learn from the past,"
Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 583-589, May.
- Soete, Luc & Freeman, Chris, 2007. "Developing science, technology and innovation indicators: what we can learn from the past," MERIT Working Papers 001, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Yang, Hailiang & Zhang, Lihong, 2005. "Optimal investment for insurer with jump-diffusion risk process," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 615-634, December.
- Doraszelski, Ulrich, 2001. "The net present value method versus the option value of waiting: A note on Farzin, Huisman and Kort (1998)," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 25(8), pages 1109-1115, August.
- Sharon Belenzon, 2012. "Cumulative Innovation and Market Value: Evidence from Patent Citations," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 122(559), pages 265-285, March.
- Freeman, Chris, 1994. "The Economics of Technical Change," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 18(5), pages 463-514, October.
- Merton, Robert C., 1976.
"Option pricing when underlying stock returns are discontinuous,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 3(1-2), pages 125-144.
- Merton, Robert C., 1975. "Option pricing when underlying stock returns are discontinuous," Working papers 787-75., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Robert McDonald & Daniel Siegel, 1986. "The Value of Waiting to Invest," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 101(4), pages 707-727.
- Sarkar, Sudipto, 2000. "On the investment-uncertainty relationship in a real options model," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 219-225, February.
- Vania Sena, 2004. "The Return of the Prince of Denmark: A Survey on Recent Developments in the Economics of Innovation," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 114(496), pages 312-332, June.
- Fudenberg, Drew & Gilbert, Richard & Stiglitz, Joseph & Tirole, Jean, 1983. "Preemption, leapfrogging and competition in patent races," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 3-31, June.
- Jean O. Lanjouw & Mark Schankerman, 2004. "Patent Quality and Research Productivity: Measuring Innovation with Multiple Indicators," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 114(495), pages 441-465, April.
More about this item
Keywordsradical innovation; innovation; entrepreneurship; investment; R&D; risk; real option theory; technology;
- D92 - Microeconomics - - Micro-Based Behavioral Economics - - - Intertemporal Firm Choice, Investment, Capacity, and Financing
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
- L26 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Entrepreneurship
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-04-27 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENT-2013-04-27 (Entrepreneurship)
- NEP-INO-2013-04-27 (Innovation)
- NEP-KNM-2013-04-27 (Knowledge Management & Knowledge Economy)
- NEP-UPT-2013-04-27 (Utility Models & Prospect Theory)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp7338. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .