Family Planning and Women's and Children's Health: Long Term Consequences of an Outreach Program in Matlab, Bangladesh
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Shareen Joshi & T. Schultz, 2013. "Family Planning and Women’s and Children’s Health: Long-Term Consequences of an Outreach Program in Matlab, Bangladesh," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 50(1), pages 149-180, February.
References listed on IDEAS
- Schultz, T Paul, 1994. "Human Capital, Family Planning, and Their Effects on Population Growth," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(2), pages 255-260, May.
- Munshi, Kaivan & Myaux, Jacques, 2006. "Social norms and the fertility transition," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 80(1), pages 1-38, June.
- T. Paul Schultz, 1980. "An Economic Interpretation of the Decline in Fertiliiy in a Rapidly Developing Country: Consequences of Development and Family Planning," NBER Chapters,in: Population and Economic Change in Developing Countries, pages 209-288 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Schultz, T. Paul, 2008.
"Population Policies, Fertility, Women's Human Capital, and Child Quality,"
Handbook of Development Economics,
- T. Paul Schultz, 2007. "Population Policies, Fertility, Women's Human Capital, and Child Quality," Working Papers 954, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- Schultz, T. Paul, 2007. "Population Policies, Fertility, Women’s Human Capital, and Child Quality," IZA Discussion Papers 2815, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Elizabeth Frankenberg & Duncan Thomas, 2001. "Women’s health and pregnancy outcomes: Do services make a difference?," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 38(2), pages 253-265, May.
- Edward Miguel & Michael Kremer, 2004. "Worms: Identifying Impacts on Education and Health in the Presence of Treatment Externalities," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 72(1), pages 159-217, January.
- Ai, Chunrong & Norton, Edward C., 2003. "Interaction terms in logit and probit models," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 80(1), pages 123-129, July.
- Rosenzweig, Mark R. & Wolpin, Kenneth I., 1982. "Governmental interventions and household behavior in a developing country : Anticipating the unanticipated consequences of social programs," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 209-225, April.
- Deborah DeGraff, 1991. "Increasing contraceptive use in Bangladesh: The role of demand and supply factors," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 28(1), pages 65-81, February.
- Strauss, John & Thomas, Duncan, 2008. "Health over the Life Course," Handbook of Development Economics, Elsevier.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:deveco:v:130:y:2018:i:c:p:33-44 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:wdevel:v:103:y:2018:i:c:p:311-322 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ito, Takahiro & Tanaka, Shinsuke, 2018.
"Abolishing user fees, fertility choice, and educational attainment,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 130(C), pages 33-44.
- Shinsuke Tanaka & Takahiro Ito, 2014. "Abolishing User Fees, Fertility Choice, and Educational Attainment," IDEC DP2 Series 4-1, Hiroshima University, Graduate School for International Development and Cooperation (IDEC).
- Fujii, Tomoki & Shonchoy, Abu S. & Xu, Sijia, 2018.
"Impact of Electrification on Children’s Nutritional Status in Rural Bangladesh,"
Elsevier, vol. 102(C), pages 315-330.
- Fujii, Tomoki & Shonchoy, Abu S. & XU, Sijia, 2016. "Impact of electrification on children's nutritional status in rural Bangladesh," IDE Discussion Papers 579, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- Ahmed, S. Amer & Vargas Da Cruz,Marcio Jose & Quillin,Bryce Ramsey & Schellekens,Philip, 2016. "Demographic change and development : a global typology," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7893, The World Bank.
- Gutierrezy, Federico H., 2018. "The Inter-generational Fertility Effect of an Abortion Ban: Understanding the Role of Inherited Wealth and Preferences," GLO Discussion Paper Series 167, Global Labor Organization (GLO).
- repec:eee:joecag:v:7:y:2016:i:c:p:106-122 is not listed on IDEAS
- Isabel Günther & Kenneth Harttgen, 2016. "Desired Fertility and Number of Children Born Across Time and Space," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 53(1), pages 55-83, February.
- repec:eee:hapoch:v1_3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Libois, François & Somville, Vincent, 2018. "Fertility, household size and poverty in Nepal," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 103(C), pages 311-322.
- Headey, Derek & Hoddinott, John & Ali, Disha & Tesfaye, Roman & Dereje, Mekdim, 2015.
"The Other Asian Enigma: Explaining the Rapid Reduction of Undernutrition in Bangladesh,"
Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 749-761.
- Headey, Derek D. & Hoddinott, John F. & Ali, Disha & Tesfaye, Roman & Dereje, Mekdim, 2014. "The other asian enigma: Explaining the rapid reduction of undernutrition in Bangladesh:," IFPRI discussion papers 1358, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
More about this item
Keywordsfamily planning; health and development; health and women's work; program evaluation; fertility; Bangladesh;
- O12 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Microeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
- J13 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Fertility; Family Planning; Child Care; Children; Youth
- I12 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Health Behavior
- J16 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of Gender; Non-labor Discrimination
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-05-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEM-2012-05-22 (Demographic Economics)
- NEP-DEV-2012-05-22 (Development)
- NEP-HEA-2012-05-22 (Health Economics)
- NEP-LTV-2012-05-22 (Unemployment, Inequality & Poverty)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp6551. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .