Family planning and fertility decline in rural Iran: the impact of rural health clinics
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Angeles, Gustavo & Guilkey, David K & Mroz, Thomas A, 2005. "The Effects of Education and Family Planning Programs on Fertility in Indonesia," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 54(1), pages 165-201, October.
- A. Smith, Jeffrey & E. Todd, Petra, 2005.
"Does matching overcome LaLonde's critique of nonexperimental estimators?,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 125(1-2), pages 305-353.
- Jeffrey Smith & Petra Todd, 2003. "Does Matching Overcome Lalonde's Critique of Nonexperimental Estimators?," University of Western Ontario, Centre for Human Capital and Productivity (CHCP) Working Papers 20035, University of Western Ontario, Centre for Human Capital and Productivity (CHCP).
- Gustavo Angeles & David Guilkey & Thomas Mroz, 2005. "The determinants of fertility in rural Peru: Program effects in the early years of the national family planning program," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 18(2), pages 367-389, June.
- Lucia Breierova & Esther Duflo, 2003.
"The Impact of Education on Fertility and Child Mortality: Do Fathers Really Matter Less Than Mothers?,"
OECD Development Centre Working Papers
217, OECD Publishing.
- Lucia Breierova & Esther Duflo, 2004. "The Impact of Education on Fertility and Child Mortality: Do Fathers Really Matter Less Than Mothers?," NBER Working Papers 10513, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Wagstaff, Adam & Lindelow, Magnus & Jun, Gao & Ling, Xu & Juncheng, Qian, 2009.
"Extending health insurance to the rural population: An impact evaluation of China's new cooperative medical scheme,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 1-19, January.
- Wagstaff, Adam & Lindelow, Magnus & Gao Jun & Xu Ling & Qian Juncheng, 2007. "Extending health insurance to the rural population : an impact evaluation of China's new cooperative medical scheme," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4150, The World Bank.
- James J. Heckman & Hidehiko Ichimura & Petra E. Todd, 1997. "Matching As An Econometric Evaluation Estimator: Evidence from Evaluating a Job Training Programme," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 64(4), pages 605-654.
- Esther Duflo, 2000. "Child Health and Household Resources in South Africa: Evidence from the Old Age Pension Program," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(2), pages 393-398, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Djavad Salehi-Isfahani & Nadia Belhaj Hassine, 2012. "Equality of Opportunity in Education in the Middle East and North Africa," Working Papers e07-33, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Department of Economics.
- Djavad Salehi-Isfahani & Sara Taghvatalab, 2017. "Education and the Allocation of Time of Married Women in Iran," Working Papers 1114, Economic Research Forum, revised 06 2003.
- Mahdi Majbouri, 2016. "Twins, Family Size, and Female Labor Force Participation in Iran," Working Papers 1046, Economic Research Forum, revised 09 Jan 2016.
- Ali Hashemi & Djavad Salehi-Isfahani, 2013. "From Health Service Delivery to Family Planning: The Changing Impact of Health Clinics on Fertility in Rural Iran," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 61(2), pages 281-309.
- Djavad Salehi-Isfahani & Nadia Hassine & Ragui Assaad, 2014.
"Equality of opportunity in educational achievement in the Middle East and North Africa,"
The Journal of Economic Inequality,
Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 12(4), pages 489-515, December.
- Djavad Salehi-Isfahani & Nadia Belhaj Hassine & Ragui Assaad, 2012. "Equality of Opportunity in Educational Achievement in the Middle East and North Africa," Working Papers 689, Economic Research Forum, revised 2012.
- Social Policy and Population Section, Social Development Division, ESCAP., 2015. "Asia-Pacific Population Journal Volume 30, No. 1," Asia-Pacific Population Journal, United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP), vol. 30(1), pages 1-130, June.
- Martha J. Bailey, 2013.
"Fifty Years of Family Planning: New Evidence on the Long-Run Effects of Increasing Access to Contraception,"
Brookings Papers on Economic Activity,
Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 44(1 (Spring), pages 341-409.
- Martha J. Bailey, 2013. "Fifty Years of Family Planning: New Evidence on the Long-Run Effects of Increasing Access to Contraception," NBER Working Papers 19493, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Martha J. Bailey, 2014. "Fifty Years Of Family Planning: New Evidence On The Long-Run Effects Of Increasing Access To Contraception," Working Papers 14-15, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Mohammad Jalal Abbasi-Shavazi & Abbas Askari Nodoushan & Arland Thornton, 2012. "Family life and developmental idealism in Yazd, Iran," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 26(10), pages 207-238, March.
More about this item
KeywordsIran ; family planning ; health houses ; program evaluation ; difference‐in‐differences ; propensity score matching ; fertility ;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:hlthec:v:19:y:2010:i:s1:p:159-180. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/jhome/5749 .