Is Bigger Still Better? The Decline of the Wage Premium at Large Firms
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- William E. Even & David A. Macpherson, 2012. "Is Bigger Still Better? The Decline of the Wage Premium at Large Firms," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 78(4), pages 1181-1201, April.
References listed on IDEAS
- Tan, Hong & Batra, Geeta, 1997. "Technology and Firm Size-Wage Differentials in Colombia, Mexico, and Taiwan (China)," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 11(1), pages 59-83, January.
- Oi, Walter Y. & Idson, Todd L., 1999. "Firm size and wages," Handbook of Labor Economics,in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 33, pages 2165-2214 Elsevier.
- Thierry Lallemand & Robert Plasman & François Rycx, 2005. "Why do large firms pay higher wages? evidence from matched worker-firm data," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/8743, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Yu, Li & Hurley, Terrance M. & Kliebenstein, James B. & Orazem, Peter F., 2012.
"Firm Size, Technical Change, and Wages in the Pork Sector, 1990-2005,"
Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 37(2), August.
- Yu, Li & Hurley, Terrance M. & Kliebenstein, James & Orazem, Peter, 2008. "Firm Size, Technical Change And Wages In The Pork Sector, 1990 -2005," Staff General Research Papers Archive 12921, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Yu, Li & Hurley, Terrance M. & Kliebenstein, James & Orazem, Peter, 2012. "Firm Size, Technical Change and Wages in the Pork Sector, 1990-2005," Staff General Research Papers Archive 35971, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Dunne, Timothy & Schmitz, James A, Jr, 1995. "Wages, Employment Structure and Employer Size-Wage Premia: Their Relationship to Advanced-Technology Usage at US Manufacturing Establishments," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 62(245), pages 89-107, February.
- Kostiuk, Peter F, 1990. "Compensating Differentials for Shift Work," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(5), pages 1054-1075, October.
- Kevin T. Reilly, 1995. "Human Capital and Information: The Employer Size-Wage Effect," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 30(1), pages 1-18.
- Christopher R. Bollinger & Barry T. Hirsch, 2006.
"Match Bias from Earnings Imputation in the Current Population Survey: The Case of Imperfect Matching,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 24(3), pages 483-520, July.
- Bollinger, Christopher R. & Hirsch, Barry, 2005. "Match Bias from Earnings Imputation in the Current Population Survey: The Case of Imperfect Matching," IZA Discussion Papers 1846, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Ronald L. Oaxaca & Michael R. Ransom, 1999. "Identification in Detailed Wage Decompositions," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 81(1), pages 154-157, February.
- Meagher, Kieron J. & Wilson, Hugh, 2004. "Different firm size effects on wages for supervisors and workers," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 84(2), pages 225-230, August.
- Dale Belman & David I. Levine, 2004. "Size, Skill and Sorting," LABOUR, CEIS, vol. 18(4), pages 515-561, December.
- Mellow, Wesley, 1982. "Employer Size and Wages," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 64(3), pages 495-501, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fernando Rios-Avila & Barry T. Hirsch, 2014.
"Unions, Wage Gaps, and Wage Dispersion: New Evidence from the Americas,"
Industrial Relations: A Journal of Economy and Society,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 53(1), pages 1-27, January.
- Rios-Avila, Fernando & Hirsch, Barry, 2012. "Unions, Wage Gaps, and Wage Dispersion: New Evidence from the Americas," IZA Discussion Papers 6757, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Edison Roy César & François Vaillancourt, 2010. "Does a Specific Union Impact on Wage Increases? Evidence from Canada, 1985-2007," CIRANO Working Papers 2010s-09, CIRANO.
- Tempesti, Tommaso, 2015. "Fringe Benefits and Import Competition," MPRA Paper 69842, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
Keywordsfirm size; fringe benefits; wages;
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
- J32 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Nonwage Labor Costs and Benefits; Retirement Plans; Private Pensions
- J33 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Compensation Packages; Payment Methods
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-04-13 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2009-04-13 (Business Economics)
- NEP-LAB-2009-04-13 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-LTV-2009-04-13 (Unemployment, Inequality & Poverty)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp4082. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .