A Gender Perspective on Self-Employment Entry and Performance as Self-Employed
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Du Rietz, Anita & Henrekson, Magnus, 2000. "Testing the Female Underperformance Hypothesis," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 14(1), pages 1-10, February.
- Martinez-Granado, Maite, 2002. "Self-Employment and Labour Market Transitions: A Multiple State Model," CEPR Discussion Papers 3661, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Pernilla Andersson & Eskil Wadensjö, 2007. "Do the unemployed become successful entrepreneurs?," International Journal of Manpower, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 28(7), pages 604-626, October.
- Kristy Eastough & Paul W. Miller, 2004.
"The Gender Wage Gap in Paid- and Self-Employment in Australia,"
Australian Economic Papers,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(3), pages 257-276, September.
- Kristy Eastough & Paul W. Miller, 2003. "The Gender Wage Gap in Paid and Self-Employment in Australia," Economics Discussion / Working Papers 03-24, The University of Western Australia, Department of Economics.
- Verheul, I. & Thurik, A.R. & Grilo, I., 2008.
"Explaining Preferences and Actual Involvement in Self-Employment: New Insights into the Role of Gender,"
ERIM Report Series Research in Management
ERS-2008-003-ORG, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Roy Thurik & Ingrid Verheul & Isabel Grilo, 2010. "Explaining Preferences and Actual Involvement in Self-Employment: New Insights into the role of Gender," Scales Research Reports H200803, EIM Business and Policy Research.
- Yannis Georgellis & Howard Wall, 2005. "Gender differences in self-employment," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(3), pages 321-342.
- Wellington, Alison J., 2006. "Self-employment: the new solution for balancing family and career?," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 357-386, June.
- Andersson Joona, Pernilla & Wadensjö, Eskil, 2006. "Employees Who Become Self-Employed: Do Labour Income and Wages Have an Impact?," IZA Discussion Papers 1971, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Cowling, Marc & Taylor, Mark, 2001. "Entrepreneurial Women and Men: Two Different Species?," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 16(3), pages 167-175, May.
- Evans, David S & Leighton, Linda S, 1989. "Some Empirical Aspects of Entrepreneurship," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(3), pages 519-535, June.
- Leung, Danny, 2006. "The male/female earnings gap and female self-employment," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 759-779, October.
- Greg Hundley, 2001. "Why Women Earn Less Than Men in Self-Employment," Journal of Labor Research, Transaction Publishers, vol. 22(4), pages 817-829, October.
- Parker,Simon C., 2006.
"The Economics of Self-Employment and Entrepreneurship,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521030632, March.
- Parker,Simon C., 2004. "The Economics of Self-Employment and Entrepreneurship," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521828130, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Marcén, Miriam, 2014. "The role of culture on self-employment," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 44(S1), pages 20-32.
- Williams, Donald R., 2012.
"Gender discrimination and self-employment dynamics in Europe,"
Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics),
Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 153-158.
- Williams, Donald R., 2009. "Gender Discrimination and Self-Employment Dynamics in Europe," IRISS Working Paper Series 2009-20, IRISS at CEPS/INSTEAD.
- Antonio Caparrós Ruiz, 2010. "Self-employment or paid employment as the first job: Evidence from Spain by nationality," International Journal of Social Economics, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 37(12), pages 951-969, October.
- Antonio Caparrós Ruiz, 2010. "Self-employment as first job choice in Spain: Evidence by nationality," Economic Working Papers at Centro de Estudios Andaluces E2010/03, Centro de Estudios Andaluces.
More about this item
Keywordsself-employment; unemployment; income; occupational mobility; gender differences;
- J23 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Demand
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- J64 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Unemployment: Models, Duration, Incidence, and Job Search
- J16 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of Gender; Non-labor Discrimination
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-07-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENT-2008-07-14 (Entrepreneurship)
- NEP-LAB-2008-07-14 (Labour Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp3581. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .