Labor Market Policy Options of the Kurdistan Regional Government
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Nil Demet & Aysit Tansel, 2003.
"The Determinants of Return Intentions of Turkish Students and Professionals Residing Abroad: An Empirical Investigation,"
0311, Economic Research Forum, revised 04 Oct 2003.
- Nil Demet Güngör & Aysit Tansel, 2005. "The Determinants of Return Intentions of Turkish Students and Professionals Residing Abroad: An Empirical Investigation," ERC Working Papers 0501, ERC - Economic Research Center, Middle East Technical University, revised May 2005.
- Güngör, Nil Demet & Tansel, Aysit, 2005. "The Determinants of Return Intentions of Turkish Students and Professionals Residing Abroad: An Empirical Investigation," IZA Discussion Papers 1598, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Addison, Tony & Heshmati, Almas, 2003. "The New Global Determinants of FDI Flows to Developing Countries: The Importance of ICT and Democratization," WIDER Working Paper Series 045, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Almas Heshmati & Ilham Haouas, 2004.
"The effects of union wage-settings on firms' production factor decisions,"
Applied Economics Letters,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(7), pages 415-420.
- Heshmati, Almas & Haouas, Ilham, 2003. "The Effects of Union Wage-Settings on Firms’ Production Factor Decisions," IZA Discussion Papers 689, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Jaan Masso & Almas Heshmati, 2004.
"The optimality and overuse of labour in Estonian manufacturing enterprises,"
The Economics of Transition,
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 12(4), pages 683-720, December.
- Jaan Masso & Almas Heshmati, 2003. "The Optimality And Overuse Of Labour In Estonian Manufacturing Enterprises," University of Tartu - Faculty of Economics and Business Administration Working Paper Series 20, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, University of Tartu (Estonia).
- Masso, Jaan & Heshmati, Almas, 2003. "The Optimality and Overuse of Labour in Estonian Manufacturing Enterprises," IZA Discussion Papers 884, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Ana Rute Cardoso & Priscila Ferreira, 2009.
"The dynamics of job creation and destruction for university graduates: why a rising unemployment rate can be misleading,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(19), pages 2513-2521.
- Ana Rute Cardoso & Priscila Ferreira, 2001. "The dynamics of job creation and destruction for University graduates: why a rising unemployment rate can be misleading," NIMA Working Papers 10, Núcleo de Investigação em Microeconomia Aplicada (NIMA), Universidade do Minho.
- Cardoso, Ana Rute & Ferreira, Priscila, 2002. "The Dynamics of Job Creation and Destruction for University Graduates: Why a Rising Unemployment Rate Can Be Misleading," IZA Discussion Papers 623, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Ilham Haouas & Mahmoud Yagoubi & Almas Heshmati, 2003. "Labour-Use Efficiency in the Tunisian's Manufacturing Industries: A Flexible Adjustment Model," Documents de travail 79, Groupe d'Economie du Développement de l'Université Montesquieu Bordeaux IV.
- Almas Heshmati, 2003.
"Productivity Growth, Efficiency and Outsourcing in Manufacturing and Service Industries,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 17(1), pages 79-112, February.
- Heshmati, Almas, 2000. "Productivity Growth, Efficiency and Outsourcing in Manufacturing and Service Industries," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 394, Stockholm School of Economics, revised 18 Oct 2001.
- Moock, Peter R. & Patrinos, Harry Anthony & Venkataraman, Meera, 2003. "Education and earnings in a transition economy: the case of Vietnam," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(5), pages 503-510, October.
- Miles, Rebecca, 2002. "Employment and Unemployment in Jordan: The Importance of the Gender System," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 413-427, March.
- Tasci, H. Mehmet & Tansel, Aysit, 2005. "Unemployment and Transitions in the Turkish Labor Market: Evidence from Individual Level Data," IZA Discussion Papers 1663, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Walker, Ian & Zhu, Yu, 2005. "The College Wage Premium, Overeducation, and the Expansion of Higher Education in the UK," IZA Discussion Papers 1627, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Cardoso, Ana Rute, 2004. "Jobs for Young University Graduates: Is It Worth Having a Degree?," IZA Discussion Papers 1311, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Belzil, Christian, 2000. "Job Creation and Job Destruction, Worker Reallocation, and Wages," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 18(2), pages 183-203, April.
- Li, Haizheng, 2003. "Economic transition and returns to education in China," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 317-328, June.
- Assaad, Ragui & Arntz, Melanie, 2005. "Constrained Geographical Mobility and Gendered Labor Market Outcomes Under Structural Adjustment: Evidence from Egypt," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 431-454, March.
- Baslevent, Cem & Onaran, Ozlem, 2004. "The Effect of Export-Oriented Growth on Female Labor Market Outcomes in Turkey," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(8), pages 1375-1393, August.
- Mok, Ka Ho, 2005. "Fostering entrepreneurship: Changing role of government and higher education governance in Hong Kong," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 537-554, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Heshmati, Almas, 2007. "A Model for Industrial Development of the Federal Region of Kurdistan: Science and Technology Policy, Instruments and Institutions," IZA Discussion Papers 3213, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
More about this item
Keywordswages; skills; government policy; mismatch; employment; public sector; Kurdistan;
- E24 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Employment; Unemployment; Wages; Intergenerational Income Distribution; Aggregate Human Capital; Aggregate Labor Productivity
- I28 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Government Policy
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
- J45 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Particular Labor Markets - - - Public Sector Labor Markets
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-01-12 (All new papers)
- NEP-KNM-2008-01-12 (Knowledge Management & Knowledge Economy)
- NEP-LAB-2008-01-12 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-MAC-2008-01-12 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp3247. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.