What Happiness Research Can Tell Us About Self-Control Problems and Utility Misprediction
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Alois Stutzer & Bruno S. Frey, 2006. "What Happiness Research Can Tell Us About Self-Control Problems And Utility Misprediction," IEW - Working Papers 267, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
References listed on IDEAS
- B. Douglas Bernheim & Antonio Rangel, 2004. "Addiction and Cue-Triggered Decision Processes," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 94(5), pages 1558-1590, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bruno S. Frey & Susanne Neckermann, 2008.
"Academics Appreciate Awards. A New Aspect of Incentives in Research,"
CREMA Working Paper Series
2008-32, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
- Bruno S. Frey & Susanne Neckermann, 2009. "Academics Appreciate Awards - A New Aspect of Incentives in Research," CESifo Working Paper Series 2531, CESifo Group Munich.
- Bruno S. Frey & Susanne Neckermann, 2008. "Academics Appreciate Awards. A New Aspect of Incentives in Research," IEW - Working Papers 400, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Christian Schubert, 2012.
"Is novelty always a good thing? Towards an evolutionary welfare economics,"
Journal of Evolutionary Economics,
Springer, vol. 22(3), pages 585-619, July.
- Christian Schubert, 2009. "Is Novelty always a good thing? Towards an Evolutionary Welfare Economics," Papers on Economics and Evolution 2009-03, Philipps University Marburg, Department of Geography.
- Juncal Cuñado & Fernando Pérez de Gracia, 2012. "Does Media Consumption Make Us Happy? Evidence for Spain," Journal of Media Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 25(1), pages 8-34, February.
- Stefan Borsky & Paul A. Raschky, 2009. "The Hedonics of Hedonism - Estimating the Value of Risk-Taking Activities," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 62(2), pages 210-225, April.
- Wirl Franz & Novak Andreas J. & Hof Franz X., 2008. "Happiness due to Consumption and its Increases, Wealth and Status," Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 12(4), pages 1-34, December.
- Pullinger, Martin, 2014. "Working time reduction policy in a sustainable economy: Criteria and options for its design," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 103(C), pages 11-19.
- Neckermann, Susanne & Frey, Bruno S., 2013. "And the winner is…? The motivating power of employee awards," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 66-77.
More about this item
Keywordsutility misprediction; individual decision-making; revealed preference; self-control; adaptation; subjective well-being;
- D00 - Microeconomics - - General - - - General
- D11 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Theory
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
- D84 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Expectations; Speculations
- D91 - Microeconomics - - Micro-Based Behavioral Economics - - - Role and Effects of Psychological, Emotional, Social, and Cognitive Factors on Decision Making
- I12 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Health Behavior
- I31 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - General Welfare, Well-Being
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp1952. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .