The Transportation Costs of Fresh Flowers: A Comparison between Ecuador and Major Exporting Countries
Using a case study approach of Ecuador's supply chain, complemented by an empirical analysis of microdata on exports from major fresh flower exporting countries to the United States, this study confirms producers' claims that time and transportation costs vary widely across countries. The findings of this study indicate that in the Ecuadorian case, time reliability of the supply chain is not the norm.
|Date of creation:||Dec 2008|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 1300 New York Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20577|
Web page: http://www.iadb.org/publications/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mendez, Jose A., 1991. "The development of the Colombian cut flower industry," Policy Research Working Paper Series 660, The World Bank.
- Micco, Alejandro & Serebrisky, Tomas, 2006.
"Competition regimes and air transport costs: The effects of open skies agreements,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 70(1), pages 25-51, September.
- Alejandro Micco & Tomás Serebrisky, 2008. "Competition Regimes and Air Transport Costs: The Effects of Open Skies Agreement," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 46738, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Schumacher, Sara K. & Marsh, Thomas L., 2003.
"Economies of Scale in the Floriculture Industry,"
Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 35(03), pages 497-507, December.
- Walter Y. Oi, 1999. "The Hearty And Cheery State," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 17(1), pages 138-146, 01.
- Walter Y. Oi & Todd L. Idson, 1999. "Workers Are More Productive in Large Firms," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(2), pages 104-108, May.
- Ijaz Nabi & Manjula Luthria, 2002. "Building Competitive Firms : Incentives and Capabilities," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 15220, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:idb:brikps:9293. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Monica Bazan)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.