The Transportation Costs of Fresh Flowers: A Comparison between Ecuador and Major Exporting Countries
Using a case study approach of Ecuador's supply chain, complemented by an empirical analysis of microdata on exports from major fresh flower exporting countries to the United States, this study confirms producers' claims that time and transportation costs vary widely across countries. The findings of this study indicate that in the Ecuadorian case, time reliability of the supply chain is not the norm.
|Date of creation:||Dec 2008|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 1300 New York Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20577|
Web page: http://www.iadb.org/publications/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Micco, Alejandro & Serebrisky, Tomas, 2006.
"Competition regimes and air transport costs: The effects of open skies agreements,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 70(1), pages 25-51, September.
- Alejandro Micco & Tomás Serebrisky, 2008. "Competition Regimes and Air Transport Costs: The Effects of Open Skies Agreement," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 46738, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Walter Y. Oi & Todd L. Idson, 1999. "Workers Are More Productive in Large Firms," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(2), pages 104-108, May.
- Schumacher, Sara K. & Marsh, Thomas L., 2003. "Economies of Scale in the Floriculture Industry," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 35(03), pages 497-507, December.
- Schumacher, Sara K. & Marsh, Thomas L., 2003. "Economies of Scale in the Floriculture Industry," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 35(03), December.
- Ijaz Nabi & Manjula Luthria, 2002. "Building Competitive Firms : Incentives and Capabilities," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 15220, September.
- Walter Y. Oi, 1999. "The Hearty And Cheery State," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 17(1), pages 138-146, 01.
- Mendez, Jose A., 1991. "The development of the Colombian cut flower industry," Policy Research Working Paper Series 660, The World Bank. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:idb:brikps:9293. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Monica Bazan)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.