Systematic bailout guarantees and tacit coordination
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Bertsch Christoph & Calcagno Claudio & Le Quement Mark, 2015. "Systematic Bailout Guarantees and Tacit Coordination," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 15(1), pages 1-36, January.
References listed on IDEAS
- Perotti, Enrico C. & Suarez, Javier, 2002. "Last bank standing: What do I gain if you fail?," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 46(9), pages 1599-1622, October.
- Douglas Gale & Xavier Vives, 2002.
"Dollarization, Bailouts, and the Stability of the Banking System,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 117(2), pages 467-502.
- Douglas Gale & Xavier Vives, 2001. "Dollarization, bailouts, and the stability of the banking system," Proceedings 729, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Gale, Douglas & Vives, Xavier, 2002. "Dollarization, bailouts, and the stability of the banking system," HWWA Discussion Papers 185, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWA).
- Gale, Douglas & Vives, Xavier, 2002. "Dollarization, Bailouts, and the Stability of the Banking System," Discussion Paper Series 26195, Hamburg Institute of International Economics.
- Gale, Douglas M & Vives, Xavier, 2001. "Dollarization, Bailouts and the Stability of the Banking System," CEPR Discussion Papers 2901, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Xavier Freixas & Jean-Charles Rochet, 2008. "Microeconomics of Banking, 2nd Edition," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 2, volume 1, number 0262062704, January.
- Reint Gropp & Hendrik Hakenes & Isabel Schnabel, 2011.
"Competition, Risk-shifting, and Public Bail-out Policies,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 24(6), pages 2084-2120.
- Reint Gropp & Hendrik Hakenes & Isabel Schnabel, 2010. "Competition, Risk-Shifting,and Public Bail-out Policies," Discussion Paper Series of the Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods 2010_05, Max Planck Institute for Research on Collective Goods.
- Reint Gropp & Hendrik Hakenes & Isabel Schnabel, 2010. "Competition, Risk-Shifting, and Public Bail-out Policies," Working Papers 1003, Gutenberg School of Management and Economics, Johannes Gutenberg-Universität Mainz, revised 14 Jan 2010.
- Mouraviev, Igor & Rey, Patrick, 2011. "Collusion and leadership," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 705-717.
- Collie, David R., 2000. "State aid in the European Union: The prohibition of subsidies in an integrated market," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 18(6), pages 867-884, August.
- Martin Stephen & Valbonesi Paola, 2008. "Equilibrium State Aid in Integrating Markets," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 8(1), pages 1-39, August.
More about this item
Keywordscompetition policy; systematic bailout guarantees; collusion; banking; State aid 2;
- D43 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Oligopoly and Other Forms of Market Imperfection
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- K21 - Law and Economics - - Regulation and Business Law - - - Antitrust Law
- L41 - Industrial Organization - - Antitrust Issues and Policies - - - Monopolization; Horizontal Anticompetitive Practices
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2016-05-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2016-05-14 (Business Economics)
- NEP-COM-2016-05-14 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-MKT-2016-05-14 (Marketing)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:rbnkwp:0289. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lena Löfgren). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/rbgovse.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.