Clean-tech Innovation in Emerging Economies: Transnational Dimensions in Technological Innovation System Formation
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Malerba, Franco, 2002. "Sectoral systems of innovation and production," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 247-264, February.
- Sonja Peterson, 2008. "Greenhouse gas mitigation in developing countries through technology transfer?: a survey of empirical evidence," Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, Springer, vol. 13(3), pages 283-305, March.
- Rennings, Klaus & Beise, Marian, 2003. "Lead Markets of Environmental Innovations: A Framework for Innovation and Environmental Economics," ZEW Discussion Papers 03-01, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Meijer, Ineke S.M. & Hekkert, Marko P. & Koppenjan, Joop F.M., 2007. "The influence of perceived uncertainty on entrepreneurial action in emerging renewable energy technology; biomass gasification projects in the Netherlands," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(11), pages 5836-5854, November.
- Smarzynska Javorcik, Beata, 2004.
"The composition of foreign direct investment and protection of intellectual property rights: Evidence from transition economies,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 39-62, February.
- Smarzynska, Beata K., 2002. "The composition of foreign direct investment and protection of intellectual property rights : evidence from transition economies," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2786, The World Bank.
- Lew, Debra J., 2000. "Alternatives to coal and candles: wind power in China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 271-286, April.
- Dieter Ernst, 2002.
"Global production networks and the changing geography of innovation systems. Implications for developing countries,"
Economics of Innovation and New Technology,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(6), pages 497-523.
- Dieter Ernst, 2000. "Global Production Networks and the Changing Geography of Innovation Systems: Implications for Developing Countries," Economics Study Area Working Papers 09, East-West Center, Economics Study Area.
- Beise, Marian & Rennings, Klaus, 2005. "Lead markets and regulation: a framework for analyzing the international diffusion of environmental innovations," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 5-17, January.
- Ockwell, David G. & Watson, Jim & MacKerron, Gordon & Pal, Prosanto & Yamin, Farhana, 2008. "Key policy considerations for facilitating low carbon technology transfer to developing countries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(11), pages 4104-4115, November.
- Carlsson, Bo & Jacobsson, Staffan & Holmen, Magnus & Rickne, Annika, 2002. "Innovation systems: analytical and methodological issues," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 233-245, February.
- Carlsson, B & Stankiewicz, R, 1991. "On the Nature, Function and Composition of Technological Systems," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 1(2), pages 93-118, April.
- Buen, Jorund, 2006. "Danish and Norwegian wind industry: The relationship between policy instruments, innovation and diffusion," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(18), pages 3887-3897, December.
- Ru, Peng & Zhi, Qiang & Zhang, Fang & Zhong, Xiaotian & Li, Jianqiang & Su, Jun, 2012. "Behind the development of technology: The transition of innovation modes in China’s wind turbine manufacturing industry," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 58-69.
- Cooke, Philip & Gomez Uranga, Mikel & Etxebarria, Goio, 1997. "Regional innovation systems: Institutional and organisational dimensions," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(4-5), pages 475-491, December.
- Negro, Simona O. & Hekkert, Marko P. & Smits, Ruud E., 2007. "Explaining the failure of the Dutch innovation system for biomass digestion--A functional analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 925-938, February.
- Han, Jingyi & Mol, Arthur P.J. & Lu, Yonglong & Zhang, Lei, 2009. "Onshore wind power development in China: Challenges behind a successful story," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(8), pages 2941-2951, August.
- Alison Burrell & Maria Blanco & Stephan Hubertus Gay & Martin Henseler & Aikaterini Kavallari & Robert M'barek & Ignacio Perez & Axel Tonini, 2010. "Impacts of the EU Biofuel Target on Agricultural Markets and Land Use - A Comparative Modelling Assessment," JRC Working Papers JRC58484, Joint Research Centre (Seville site).
- Markard, Jochen & Truffer, Bernhard, 2008. "Technological innovation systems and the multi-level perspective: Towards an integrated framework," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 596-615, May.
- Abramovitz, Moses, 1986. "Catching Up, Forging Ahead, and Falling Behind," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 46(02), pages 385-406, June.
- Garud, Raghu & Karnoe, Peter, 2003. "Bricolage versus breakthrough: distributed and embedded agency in technology entrepreneurship," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 277-300, February.
- Ash Amin, 2002. "Spatialities of globalisation," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 34(3), pages 385-399, March.
- Geels, Frank W., 2004. "From sectoral systems of innovation to socio-technical systems: Insights about dynamics and change from sociology and institutional theory," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(6-7), pages 897-920, September.
- Freeman, Chris, 1995. "The 'National System of Innovation' in Historical Perspective," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(1), pages 5-24, February.
- Wiesenthal, Tobias & Leduc, Guillaume & Christidis, Panayotis & Schade, Burkhard & Pelkmans, Luc & Govaerts, Leen & Georgopoulos, Panagiotis, 2009. "Biofuel support policies in Europe: Lessons learnt for the long way ahead," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 789-800, May.
- Bergek, Anna & Jacobsson, Staffan & Carlsson, Bo & Lindmark, Sven & Rickne, Annika, 2008. "Analyzing the functional dynamics of technological innovation systems: A scheme of analysis," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 407-429, April.
- Lema, Adrian & Ruby, Kristian, 2007. "Between fragmented authoritarianism and policy coordination: Creating a Chinese market for wind energy," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(7), pages 3879-3890, July.
- Lamers, Patrick & Hamelinck, Carlo & Junginger, Martin & Faaij, André, 2011. "International bioenergy trade--A review of past developments in the liquid biofuel market," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(6), pages 2655-2676, August.
- Hoekman, Bernard M. & Maskus, Keith E. & Saggi, Kamal, 2005.
"Transfer of technology to developing countries: Unilateral and multilateral policy options,"
Elsevier, vol. 33(10), pages 1587-1602, October.
- Hoekman, Bernard M. & Maskus, Keith E. & Saggi, Kamal, 2004. "Transfer of technology to developing countries : unilateral and multilateral policy options," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3332, The World Bank.
- Brandt, Urs Steiner & Svendsen, Gert Tinggaard, 2006. "Climate change negotiations and first-mover advantages: the case of the wind turbine industry," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(10), pages 1175-1184, July.
- Suurs, Roald A.A. & Hekkert, Marko P., 2009. "Competition between first and second generation technologies: Lessons from the formation of a biofuels innovation system in the Netherlands," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 669-679.
- Løvdal, Nicolai & Neumann, Frank, 2011. "Internationalization as a strategy to overcome industry barriers--An assessment of the marine energy industry," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 1093-1100, March.
- Kamp, Linda M. & Smits, Ruud E. H. M. & Andriesse, Cornelis D., 2004. "Notions on learning applied to wind turbine development in the Netherlands and Denmark," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(14), pages 1625-1637, September.
- Mattoo, Aaditya & Olarreaga, Marcelo & Saggi, Kamal, 2004.
"Mode of foreign entry, technology transfer, and FDI policy,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 75(1), pages 95-111, October.
- Mattoo, Aaditya & Olarreaga, Marcelo & Saggi, Kamal, 2001. "Mode of Foreign Entry, Technology Transfer, and FDI Policy," CEPR Discussion Papers 2870, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Neil M. Coe & Peter Dicken & Martin Hess, 2008. "Global production networks: realizing the potential," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 8(3), pages 271-295, May.
- Chaminade, Cristina & Vang, Jan, 2008.
"Globalisation of knowledge production and regional innovation policy: Supporting specialized hubs in the Bangalore software industry,"
Elsevier, vol. 37(10), pages 1684-1696, December.
- Chaminade, Cristina & Vang, Jan, 2008. "Globalisation of Knowledge Production and Regional Innovation Policy: Supporting Specialized Hubs in the Bangalore Software Industry," Papers in Innovation Studies 2008/20, Lund University, CIRCLE - Center for Innovation, Research and Competences in the Learning Economy.
- Carlsson, Bo, 2006. "Internationalization of innovation systems: A survey of the literature," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 56-67, February.
- Coenen, Lars & Suurs , Roald & van Sandick , Emma, 2011. "Upscaling emerging niche technologies in sustainable energy: an international comparison of policy approaches," Papers in Innovation Studies 2010/17, Lund University, CIRCLE - Center for Innovation, Research and Competences in the Learning Economy.
- Nemet, Gregory F., 2009. "Demand-pull, technology-push, and government-led incentives for non-incremental technical change," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(5), pages 700-709, June.
- Geels, Frank W., 2002. "Technological transitions as evolutionary reconfiguration processes: a multi-level perspective and a case-study," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(8-9), pages 1257-1274, December.
- Chris Freeman & Luc Soete, 1997. "The Economics of Industrial Innovation, 3rd Edition," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 3, volume 1, number 0262061953, January.
- van Alphen, Klaas & Hekkert, Marko P. & van Sark, Wilfried G.J.H.M., 2008. "Renewable energy technologies in the Maldives--Realizing the potential," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 162-180, January.
- Binz, Christian & Truffer, Bernhard & Li, Li & Shi, Yajuan & Lu, Yonglong, 2012. "Conceptualizing leapfrogging with spatially coupled innovation systems: The case of onsite wastewater treatment in China," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 79(1), pages 155-171.
- Lundvall, Bengt-Ake & Johnson, Bjorn & Andersen, Esben Sloth & Dalum, Bent, 2002. "National systems of production, innovation and competence building," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 213-231, February.
- Ernst, Dieter & Kim, Linsu, 2002. "Global production networks, knowledge diffusion, and local capability formation," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(8-9), pages 1417-1429, December.
- Annalee Saxenian, 2002. "Transnational Communities and the Evolution of Global Production Networks: The Cases of Taiwan, China and India," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(3), pages 183-202.
- Holzinger, Katharina & Knill, Christoph & Sommerer, Thomas, 2008. "Environmental Policy Convergence: The Impact of International Harmonization, Transnational Communication, and Regulatory Competition," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 62(04), pages 553-587, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gosens, Jorrit & Lu, Yonglong, 2013. "From lagging to leading? Technological innovation systems in emerging economies and the case of Chinese wind power," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 234-250.
- Binz, Christian & Truffer, Bernhard & Coenen, Lars, 2014. "Why space matters in technological innovation systems—Mapping global knowledge dynamics of membrane bioreactor technology," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 138-155.
More about this item
KeywordsTechnological innovation system; clean-tech; emerging economies; changing global innovation;
- O31 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Innovation and Invention: Processes and Incentives
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-05-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-CSE-2013-05-22 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-INO-2013-05-22 (Innovation)
- NEP-KNM-2013-05-22 (Knowledge Management & Knowledge Economy)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:lucirc:2013_010. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Torben Schubert). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/circlse.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.