Incentives in Economic Departments: Testing Tournaments?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Lazear, Edward P & Rosen, Sherwin, 1981. "Rank-Order Tournaments as Optimum Labor Contracts," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(5), pages 841-864, October.
- Lazear, Edward P, 1989. "Pay Equality and Industrial Politics," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(3), pages 561-580, June.
- Canice Prendergast, 1999. "The Provision of Incentives in Firms," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 37(1), pages 7-63, March.
- Bognanno, Michael L, 2001. "Corporate Tournaments," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 19(2), pages 290-315, April.
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1986. "Prizes and Incentives in Elimination Tournaments," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(4), pages 701-715, September.
- Ronald G. Ehrenberg & Michael L. Bognanno, 1990. "The Incentive Effects of Tournaments Revisited: Evidence from the European PGA Tour," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 43(3), pages 74, April.
- Eriksson, Tor, 1999. "Executive Compensation and Tournament Theory: Empirical Tests on Danish Data," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 17(2), pages 262-280, April.
- Ehrenberg, Ronald G & Bognanno, Michael L, 1990. "Do Tournaments Have Incentive Effects?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(6), pages 1307-1324, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tom Coupé & Valérie Smeets & Frédéric Warzynski, 2006.
"Incentives, Sorting and Productivity along the Career: Evidence from a Sample of Top Economists,"
Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization,
Oxford University Press, vol. 22(1), pages 137-167, April.
- Coupé, Tom & Smeets, Valérie & Warzynski, Frédéric, 2003. "Incentives, Sorting and Productivity along the Career: Evidence from a Sample of Top Economists," Working Papers 03-16, University of Aarhus, Aarhus School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Tom Coupé & Valérie Smeets & Frédéric Warzynski, 2008. "Incentives, sorting and productivity along the career: Evidence from a sample of top economists," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/101637, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Majda Benzidia & Michel Lubrano, 2016.
"A Bayesian Look at American Academic Wages: The Case of Michigan State University,"
AMSE Working Papers
1628, Aix-Marseille School of Economics, Marseille, France.
- Majda Benzidia & Michel Lubrano, 2016. "A Bayesian Look at American Academic Wages: The Case of Michigan State University," Working Papers halshs-01358882, HAL.
- Uschi Backes-Gellner, 2004.
"Personnel Economics: An Economic Approach to Human Resource Management,"
management revue. Socio-economic Studies,
Rainer Hampp Verlag, vol. 15(2), pages 215-227.
- Uschi Backes-Gellner, 2004. "Personnel Economics: An Economic Approach to Human Resources Management," Working Papers 0050, University of Zurich, Institute for Strategy and Business Economics (ISU), revised Apr 2004.
- Klaus Beckmann & Andrea Schneider, 2013.
"The interaction of publications and appointments: new evidence on academic economists in Germany,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(4), pages 415-430, September.
- Beckmann, Klaus & Schneider, Andrea, 2009. "The Interaction Of Publications And Appointments - New Evidence On Academic Economists In Germany," Working Paper 91/2009, Helmut Schmidt University, Hamburg.
- Michael Rauber & Heinrich W. Ursprung, 2008.
"Life Cycle and Cohort Productivity in Economic Research: The Case of Germany,"
German Economic Review,
Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 9, pages 431-456, November.
- Michael Rauber & Heinrich Ursprung, 2007. "Life Cycle and Cohort Productivity in Economic Research: The Case of Germany," CESifo Working Paper Series 2093, CESifo Group Munich.
- Kenneth W. Clements & H. Y. Izan, 2008.
"The Stairway to the Top: The Remuneration of Academic Executives,"
Australian Journal of Management,
Australian School of Business, vol. 33(1), pages 1-30, June.
- Kenneth W Clements & Izan H Y Izan, 2007. "The Stairway to the Top: The Remuneration of Academic Executives," Economics Discussion / Working Papers 07-14, The University of Western Australia, Department of Economics.
- Bolli, Thomas & Olivares, Maria & Bonaccorsi, Andrea & Daraio, Cinzia & Aracil, Adela Garcia & Lepori, Benedetto, 2016. "The differential effects of competitive funding on the production frontier and the efficiency of universities," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 91-104.
More about this item
Keywordsincentives; sorting; tournaments; standards; marginal productivity; economic departments;
- J00 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - General - - - General
- M54 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Personnel Economics - - - Labor Management
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-06-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-EVO-2004-06-02 (Evolutionary Economics)
- NEP-LAB-2004-06-02 (Labour Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:aareco:2003_025. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Helle Vinbaek Stenholt). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nihhadk.html .