The Effect of Human Resource Management Practices on MNC Subsidiary Performance in Russia
This study investigates the relationship between human resource management (HRM) and the performance of 101 foreign-owned subsidiaries in Russia. The study's results provide support for the assertion that investments in HRM practices can substantially help a firm perform better. Further, different HRM practices for managerial and non-managerial employees are found to be significantly related with firm performance. However, only limited support is obtained for the hypothesized relationship between efforts at aligning HRM practices with firm strategy and subsidiary performance.
|Date of creation:||19 Apr 2000|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +46-(0)8-736 90 00
Fax: +46-(0)8-31 01 57
Web page: http://www.hhs.se/Email:
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- J Michael Geringer & Louis Hebert, 1991. "Measuring Performance of International Joint Ventures," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 22(2), pages 249-263, June.
- Puffer, Sheila M. & McCarthy, Daniel J. & Naumov, Alexander I., 1997. "Russian managers' beliefs about work: Beyond the stereotypes," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 258-276, October.
- Vikhanski, Oleg & Puffer, Sheila, 1993. "Management education and employee training at Moscow McDonald's," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 102-107, March.
- May, Ruth & Bormann Young, Carol & Ledgerwood, Donna, 1998. "Lessons from Russian human resource management experience," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 447-459, August.
- Shekshnia, Stanislav, 1994. "Managing people in Russia: Challenges for foreign investors," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 298-305, September.
- Puffer, Sheila, 1993. "A riddle wrapped in an enigma: Demystifying Russian managerial motivation," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 473-480, December.
- Puffer, Sheila M., 1997. "Soviet and American managers' reward allocations: A dependency approach," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 6(5), pages 453-476, October.
- Shekshnia, Stanislav, 1998. "Western multinationals' human resource practices in Russia," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 460-465, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhb:hastba:2000_006. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Helena Lundin)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.