An empirical analysis of factors explaining foreign joint venture performance in China
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Erin Anderson & Hubert Gatignon, 1986. "Modes of Foreign Entry: A Transaction Cost Analysis and Propositions," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 17(3), pages 1-26, September.
- Tom Morris & Cynthia M Pavett, 1992. "Management Style and Productivity in Two Cultures," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 23(1), pages 169-179, March.
- Gomes-Casseres, Benjamin, 1989. "Ownership structures of foreign subsidiaries : Theory and evidence," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 1-25, January.
- C Patrick Woodcook & Paul W Beamish & Shige Makino, 1994. "Ownership-Based Entry mode Strategies and International Performance," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 25(2), pages 253-273, June.
- Susumu Ueno & Uma Sekaran, 1992. "The Influence of Culture on Budget Control Practices in the USA and Japan: An Empirical Study," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 23(4), pages 659-674, December.
- Oded Shenkar & Yoram Zeira, 1992. "Role Conflict and Role Ambiguity of Chief Executive Officers in International Joint Ventures," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 23(1), pages 55-75, March.
- Kogut, Bruce, 1989. "The Stability of Joint Ventures: Reciprocity and Competitive Rivalry," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(2), pages 183-198, December.
- Amemiya, Takeshi, 1981. "Qualitative Response Models: A Survey," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 19(4), pages 1483-1536, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Indro, Daniel C. & Richards, Malika, 2007. "The determinants of foreign partner's equity ownership in Southeast Asian joint ventures," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 177-206, April.
- Lee, Ji-Ren & Chen, Wei-Ru & Kao, Charng, 1998. "Bargaining power and the trade-off between the ownership and control of international joint ventures in China," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 4(4), pages 353-385, December.
- Boateng, Agyenim & Glaister, Keith W., 2002. "Performance of international joint ventures: evidence for West Africa," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 11(5), pages 523-541, October.
- Chadee, Doren D. & Qiu, Feng & Rose, Elizabeth L., 2003. "FDI location at the subnational level: a study of EJVs in China," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 56(10), pages 835-845, October.
- Mohr, Alexander T., 2006. "A multiple constituency approach to IJV performance measurement," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 247-260, September.
- Seyoum, Belay & Lian, Yunshan, 2018. "Market performance implications of modularization: Evidence from global auto firms operating in China," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 852-866.
- Hyunjun Park & Kyungsu Han & Woojin Yoon, 2018. "The Impact Of Cultural Distance On The Performance Of Foreign Subsidiaries: Evidence From The Korean Market," Organizations and Markets in Emerging Economies, Faculty of Economics, Vilnius University, vol. 9(1).
- Dan Li & Lorraine Eden & Michael A. Hitt & R. Duane Ireland & Robert P. Garrett, 2012. "Governance in Multilateral R&D Alliances," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 23(4), pages 1191-1210, August.
- Li, Julie Juan & Zheng Zhou, Kevin & Lam, Simon S.K. & Tse, David K., 2006. "Active trust development of local senior managers in international subsidiaries," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 59(1), pages 73-80, January.
- Konopaske, Robert & Werner, Steve & Neupert, Kent E., 2002. "Entry mode strategy and performance: the role of FDI staffing," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 55(9), pages 759-770, September.
- Banal-Estanol, Albert & Kretschmer, Tobias & Meloso, Debrah & Seldeslachts, Jo, 2017. "The Contingent Effect of Alliance Design on Alliance Dynamics and Performance: An Experimental Study," CEPR Discussion Papers 12512, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Chiao, Yu-Ching & Yu, Chwo-Ming Joseph & Peng, Ju-Tzu Ann, 2009. "Partner nationality, market-focus and IJV performance: A contingent approach," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 238-249, July.
- Ng, Paul Wai-Kit & Lau, Chung-Ming & Nyaw, Mee-Kau, 2007. "The effect of trust on international joint venture performance in China," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 430-448, December.
- Kaufmann, Jeffrey B. & O'Neill, Hugh M., 2007. "Do culturally distant partners choose different types of joint ventures?," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 42(4), pages 435-448, December.
- Baek, H. Young & Kwok, Chuck C. Y., 2002. "Foreign exchange rates and the corporate choice of foreign entry mode," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 207-227, May.
- Wu, Junjie & Boateng, Agyenim & Drury, Colin, 2007. "An analysis of the adoption, perceived benefits, and expected future emphasis of western management accounting practices in Chinese SOEs and JVs," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 171-185.
- Hoon-Halbauer, Sing Keow, 1999. "Managing relationships within sino-foreign joint ventures," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 344-371, January.
- Zheng Xiaosong & Zhang Jinming, 2011. "Factors Influencing International Joint Venture Performance in China," Annals - Economic and Administrative Series -, Faculty of Business and Administration, University of Bucharest, vol. 5(1), pages 167-184, December.
- Walsh, James P. & Wang, ErPing & Xin, Katherine R., 1999. "Same bed, different dreams: working relationships in Sino--American joint ventures," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 69-93, April.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbrese:v:35:y:1996:i:2:p:165-173. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusres .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.