Two essays on Hungarian relocations
Relocation is recently one of the most widely discussed problems, especially in the old member states of the European Union. At the same time, developments in the target countries of relocation are less widely discussed. Hungary, with other new EU member countries, is one of the net target countries of relocation especially from the most developed EU-15 countries. Because of the specificities of this phenomenon, macrodata can be used only to a limited extent and it should be complemented with case study evidence and company level analysis. We compiled a comprehensive relocation database, collected for Hungary for the eight-year period between 2003 and 2010. We analyse this database and compare the results with those of the literature. We examine the nationality of relocating companies, the sectors and foreign locations affected and the job creation/loss impact. Moreover, we make an attempt at analysing the changes in relocations during the crisis years.
|Date of creation:||Jun 2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (+36-1) 309-2652
Fax: (36-1) 319-3136
Web page: http://econ.core.hu
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Görg, Holger & Hanley, Aoife, 2009.
"Services outsourcing and innovation: An empirical investigation,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
7390, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Holger Görg & Aoife Hanley, 2011. "Services Outsourcing And Innovation: An Empirical Investigation," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 49(2), pages 321-333, 04.
- Holger Görg & Aoife Hanley, 2008. "Services Outsourcing and Innovation: An empirical investigation," Kiel Working Papers 1417, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Görg, Holger & Hanley, Aoife, 2009. "Services Outsourcing and Innovation: An Empirical Investigation," IZA Discussion Papers 4404, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Gábor Békés & Jörn Kleinert & Farid Toubal, 2009.
"Spillovers from Multinationals to Heterogeneous Domestic Firms: Evidence from Hungary,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 32(10), pages 1408-1433, October.
- Gabor Bekes & Jörn Kleinert & Farid Toubal, 2006. "Spillovers from Multinationals to Heterogeneous Domestic Firms: Evidence from Hungary," IEHAS Discussion Papers 0616, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies, Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
- Gábor Békés & Jörn Kleinert & Farid Toubal, 2006. "Spillovers from Multinationals to Heterogeneous Domestic Firms: Evidence from Hungary," CeFiG Working Papers 1, Center for Firms in the Global Economy, revised 01 Dec 2006.
- Gábor Békés & Jörn Kleinert & Farid Toubal, 2009. "Spillovers from Multinationals to Heterogeneous Domestic Firms: Evidence from Hungary," Working Papers 2009-31, CEPII research center.
- Judit Karsai, 2012. "Development of the Hungarian Venture Capital and Private Equity Industry over the Past Two Decades," IEHAS Discussion Papers 1201, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies, Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
- Linden, Greg, 1998. "Building Production Networks in Central Europe: The Case of the Electronics Industry," UCAIS Berkeley Roundtable on the International Economy, Working Paper Series qt694248js, UCAIS Berkeley Roundtable on the International Economy, UC Berkeley.
- Boris Majcen & Slavo Radosevic & Matija Rojec, 2003. "FDI Subsidiaries and Industrial Integration of Central Europe: Conceptual and Empirical Results," IWH Discussion Papers 177, Halle Institute for Economic Research.
- Paul R. Bergin & Robert C. Feenstra & Gordon H. Hanson, 2009. "Offshoring and Volatility: Evidence from Mexico's Maquiladora Industry," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 99(4), pages 1664-71, September.
- Magdolna Sass & Martina Fifekova, 2010. "Offshoring and Outsourcing Business Services to Central and Eastern Europe: Some Empirical and Conceptual Considerations," European Planning Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(9), pages 1593-1609, October.
- Hummels, David & Ishii, Jun & Yi, Kei-Mu, 2001.
"The nature and growth of vertical specialization in world trade,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 54(1), pages 75-96, June.
- David Hummels & Jun Ishii & Kei-Mu Yi, 1999. "The nature and growth of vertical specialization in world trade," Staff Reports 72, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Jyrki Ali-Yrkkö & Neil Foster-McGregor & Doris Hanzl-Weiss & Petri Rouvinen & Timo Seppälä & Robert Stehrer & Roman Stöllinger & Pekka Ylä-Anttila, 2011. "Trade in Intermediate Products and EU Manufacturing Supply Chains," wiiw Research Reports 369, The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies, wiiw.
- Márkus, Judit & Pintér, Miklós & Radványi, Anna, 2011.
"The Shapley value for airport and irrigation games,"
30031, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Judit Markus & Anna Radvanyi & Miklos Pinter, 2012. "The Shapley Value for Airport and Irrigation Games," IEHAS Discussion Papers 1207, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies, Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
- ITO Banri & WAKASUGI Ryuhei & TOMIURA Eiichi, 2008. "Offshoring and Productivity: Evidence from Japanese Firm-level Data," Discussion papers 08028, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Geishecker, Ingo, 2008. "The impact of international outsourcing on individual employment security: A micro-level analysis," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 291-314, June.
- Calista Cheung & Stéphanie Guichard, 2009. "Understanding the World Trade Collapse," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 729, OECD Publishing.
- Moser, Christoph & Urban, Dieter M & Weder di Mauro, Beatrice, 2009. "Offshoring, Firm Performance and Establishment-Level Employment: Identifying Productivity and Downsizing Effects," CEPR Discussion Papers 7455, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:has:discpr:1223. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Adrienn Foldi)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.