Outsourcing and Offshoring: Pushing the European Model Over the Hill, Rather Than Off the Cliff!
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Giuseppe Nicoletti & Stefano Scarpetta & Olivier Boylaud, 2000. "Summary Indicators of Product Market Regulation with an Extension to Employment Protection Legislation," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 226, OECD Publishing.
- Gomez-Salvador, Ramon & Messina, Julian & Vallanti, Giovanna, 2004. "Gross job flows and institutions in Europe," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 469-485, August.
- James R. Hines, Jr., 1996. "Tax Policy and the Activities of Multinational Corporations," NBER Working Papers 5589, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lars Ljungqvist & Thomas J. Sargent, 1998.
"The European Unemployment Dilemma,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 106(3), pages 514-550, June.
- Lars Ljungqvist & Thomas J. Sargent, 1995. "The European unemployment dilemma," Working Paper Series, Macroeconomic Issues 95-17, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Ljungqvist, Lars & Sargent, Thomas J., 1997. "The European Unemployment Dilemma," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 178, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Lars Ljungqvist & Thomas J. Sargent, 1996. "The European Unemployment Dilemma," EUI-RSCAS Working Papers 36, European University Institute (EUI), Robert Schuman Centre of Advanced Studies (RSCAS).
- Ljungqvist, Lars & Sargent, Thomas J., 1997. "The European Unemployment Dilemma," Working Paper Series 481, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Steven J. Davis & John C. Haltiwanger & Scott Schuh, 1998. "Job Creation and Destruction," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262540932, January.
- Spletzer, James R, 2000.
"The Contribution of Establishment Births and Deaths to Employment Growth,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 18(1), pages 113-126, January.
- James R Spletzer, 1998. "The Contribution Of Establishment Births And Deaths To Employment Growth," Working Papers 98-5, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Martin Neil Baily & Robert Z. Lawrence, 2004. "What Happened to the Great U.S. Job Machine? The Role of Trade and Electronic Offshoring," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 35(2), pages 211-284.
- Catherine L. Mann, 2003. "Globalization of IT Services and White Collar Jobs: The Next Wave of Productivity Growth," Policy Briefs PB03-11, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Bruce T. Grimm & Brent R. Moulton & David B. Wasshausen, 2005.
"Information-Processing Equipment and Software in the National Accounts,"
NBER Chapters,in: Measuring Capital in the New Economy, pages 363-402
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bruce T. Grimm & Brent R. Moulton & David B. Wasshausen, 2002. "Information Processing Equipment and Software in the National Accounts," BEA Papers 0020, Bureau of Economic Analysis.
- Mary Amiti & Shang-Jin Wei, 2005. "Fear of service outsourcing: is it justified?," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 20(42), pages 308-347, April.
- Burda, Michael C. & Mertens, Antje, 2001.
"Estimating wage losses of displaced workers in Germany,"
Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 15-41, January.
- Burda, Michael C. & Mertens, Antje, 1999. "Estimating wage losses of displaced workers in Germany," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 1999,35, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Amiti, Mary & Wei, Shang-Jin, 2004. "Fear of Outsourcing: Is It Justified?," CEPR Discussion Papers 4719, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Lori G. Kletzer, 2001. "Job Loss from Imports: Measuring the Costs," Peterson Institute Press: All Books, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number 110.
- Aubhik Khan, 2002. "Understanding the life-cycle of a manufacturing plant," Business Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, issue Q2, pages 25-32.
- Martin Neil Baily & Jacob Funk Kirkegaard, 2004. "Transforming the European Economy," Peterson Institute Press: All Books, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number 353.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Agnes Ghibuţiu, 2009. "Romania’S Trade In Services: Reaping The Benefits Of Globalization," Romanian Economic Business Review, Romanian-American University, vol. 4(2), pages 13-32, June.
- Magdolna Sass & Gábor Hunya, 2014. "Escaping to the East? Relocation of business activities to and from Hungary, 2003–2011," IEHAS Discussion Papers 1407, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies, Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
- Castellani, Davide & Pieri, Fabio, 2013.
"R&D offshoring and the productivity growth of European regions,"
Elsevier, vol. 42(9), pages 1581-1594.
- Davide Castellani & Fabio Pieri, 2011. "R&D Offshoring and the Productivity Growth of European Regions," Working Papers 1120, Department of Applied Economics II, Universidad de Valencia.
- Davide Castellani & Fabio Pieri, 2012. "R&D Offshoring and the Productivity Growth of European Regions," Development Working Papers 345, Centro Studi Luca d'Agliano, University of Milano, revised 13 Nov 2012.
- Castellani, Davide & Pieri, Fabio, 2013. "R&D offshoring and the productivity growth of European regions," Papers in Innovation Studies 2013/20, Lund University, CIRCLE - Center for Innovation, Research and Competences in the Learning Economy.
- Peter D. Ørberg Jensen & Jacob Funk Kirkegaard & Nicolai Søndergaard Laugesen, 2006. "Offshoring in Europe—Evidence of a Two-Way Street from Denmark," Working Paper Series WP06-3, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Metka Stare & Luis Rubalcaba, 2009.
"International Outsourcing of Services: What Role for Central and East European Countries?,"
Emerging Markets Finance and Trade,
M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 45(5), pages 31-46, September.
- Metka Stare & Luis Rubalcaba, 2009. "International Outsourcing of Services: What Role for Central and East European Countries?," Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(5), pages 31-46, September.
- Ghibutiu, Agnes & Poladian, Simona, 2009. "Global Sourcing Of Services: How Well Are The New Eu Member States Coping With The Challenges? (Part I)," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 6(1), pages 123-135, March.
- Elsie L. Echeverri-Carroll, 2013. "Offshore assembly and service industries in Latin America," Chapters,in: Handbook of Industry Studies and Economic Geography, chapter 17, pages 411-429 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Ceci, Federica & Prencipe, Andrea, 2013. "Does Distance Hinder Coordination? Identifying and Bridging Boundaries of Offshored Work," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 324-332.
- Berthold, Norbert & Neumann, Michael & Zenzen, Jupp, 2007. "Die Zukunft der Arbeit: Verdopplung, Entkopplung, regionale Divergenz?," Discussion Paper Series 96, Julius Maximilian University of Würzburg, Chair of Economic Order and Social Policy.
- Mukul G. Asher & Amarendu Nandy, 2006. "Demographic Complementarities and Outsourcing : Implications and Challenges for India," Macroeconomics Working Papers 22082, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Martin Borowiecki & Bernhard Dachs & Doris Hanzl-Weiss & Steffen Kinkel & Johannes Pöschl & Magdolna Sass & Thomas Christian Schmall & Robert Stehrer & Andrea Szalavetz, 2012. "Global Value Chains and the EU Industry," wiiw Research Reports 383, The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies, wiiw.
- Jacob Funk Kirkegaard, 2007. "Offshoring, Outsourcing, and Production Relocation—Labor-Market Effects in the OECD Countries and Developing Asia," Working Paper Series WP07-2, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsOffshoring; Outsourcing; Multinational Companies; European Union; Public Regulation; Labor Markets; Regional Aid;
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
- J6 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iie:wpaper:wp05-1. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peterson Institute webmaster). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iieeeus.html .