Challenging pollution and the balance problem from rare earth extraction: How recycling and environmental taxation matter
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Maia David & Bernard Sinclair-Desgagné, 2005.
"Environmental Regulation and the Eco-Industry,"
Journal of Regulatory Economics,
Springer, vol. 28(2), pages 141-155, September.
- Maia David & Bernard Sinclair-Desgagné, 2004. "Environmental Regulation and the Eco-industry," CIRANO Working Papers 2004s-42, CIRANO.
- Maia David & Bernard Sinclair-Desgagné, 2005. "Environmental regulation and the eco-industry," Working Papers hal-00243019, HAL.
- Maia David & Bernard Sinclair-Desgagné, 2004. "Environmental Regulation and the Eco-Industry," Working Papers 2004/06, INRA, Economie Publique.
- Bernard Sinclair-Desgagné & Maia David, 2005. "Environmental Regulationand the Eco-Industry," Working Papers 2005.56, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Kurtyka, Oliwia & Mahenc, Philippe, 2011. "The switching effect of environmental taxation within Bertrand differentiated duopoly," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 267-277, September.
- Buchanan, James M, 1969. "External Diseconomies, Corrective Taxes, and Market Structure," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 59(1), pages 174-177, March.
- Massari, Stefania & Ruberti, Marcello, 2013. "Rare earth elements as critical raw materials: Focus on international markets and future strategies," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 36-43.
- Elshkaki, Ayman & Graedel, T.E., 2014. "Dysprosium, the balance problem, and wind power technology," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 136(C), pages 548-559.
- Valerie Y. Suslow, 1986. "Estimating Monopoly Behavior with Competitive Recycling: An Application to Alcoa," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 17(3), pages 389-403, Autumn.
- Levin, Dan, 1985. "Taxation within Cournot oligopoly," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 281-290, August.
- repec:eee:jrpoli:v:53:y:2017:i:c:p:26-45 is not listed on IDEAS
- Soham Baksi & Ngo Van Long, 2009. "Endogenous Consumer Participation And The Recycling Problem," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48(4), pages 281-295, December.
- Weikard, Hans-Peter & Seyhan, Demet, 2009. "Distribution of phosphorus resources between rich and poor countries: The effect of recycling," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(6), pages 1749-1755, April.
- Maximilian A. Müller & Denis Schweizer & Volker Seiler, 2016.
"Wealth Effects of Rare Earth Prices and China’s Rare Earth Elements Policy,"
Journal of Business Ethics,
Springer, vol. 138(4), pages 627-648, November.
- Maximilian Mueller & Denis Schweizer & Volker Seiler, 2014. "Wealth Effects of Rare Earth Prices and China's Rare Earth Elements Policy," Working Papers CIE 86, Paderborn University, CIE Center for International Economics.
- Maximilian Mueller & Denis Schweizer & Volker Seiler, 2015. "Wealth Effects of Rare Earth Prices and China's Rare Earth Elements Policy," Working Papers CIE 88, Paderborn University, CIE Center for International Economics.
- Maximilian Mueller & Denis Schweizer & Volker Seiler, 2015. "Wealth Effects of Rare Earth Prices and China's Rare Earth Elements Policy," Working Papers CIE 92, Paderborn University, CIE Center for International Economics.
- N. Gregory Mankiw & Michael D. Whinston, 1986. "Free Entry and Social Inefficiency," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 17(1), pages 48-58, Spring.
- R. Simpson, 1995. "Optimal pollution taxation in a Cournot duopoly," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 6(4), pages 359-369, December.
- Hollander, Abraham & Lasserre, Pierre, 1988.
"Monopoly and the preemption of competitive recycling,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 489-497.
- Hollander, A. & Lasserre, P., 1984. "Monopoly and the Preemption of Competitive Recycling," Cahiers de recherche 8428, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Golev, Artem & Scott, Margaretha & Erskine, Peter D. & Ali, Saleem H. & Ballantyne, Grant R., 2014. "Rare earths supply chains: Current status, constraints and opportunities," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 52-59.
- Martin, Robert E, 1982. "Monopoly Power and the Recycling of Raw Materials," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 30(4), pages 405-419, June.
More about this item
KeywordsRare earth elements; Pollution; Balance problem; Recycling; Taxation; Cournot competition;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ENE-2019-04-08 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-ENV-2019-04-08 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-RES-2019-04-08 (Resource Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:wpaper:halshs-02065976. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD). General contact details of provider: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.