Recycling of a Primary Resource and Market Power: The Alcoa Case
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Liski, Matti & Montero, Juan-Pablo, 2014.
"Forward trading in exhaustible-resource oligopoly,"
Resource and Energy Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 122-146.
- Juan-Pablo Montero & Matti Liski, 2008. "Forward Trading in Exhaustible-Resource Oligopoly," Documentos de Trabajo 341, Instituto de Economia. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile..
- Matti Liski & Juan-Pablo Montero, 2008. "Forward Trading in Exhaustible-Resource Oligopoly," Working Papers 0806, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research.
- Valerie Y. Suslow, 1986. "Estimating Monopoly Behavior with Competitive Recycling: An Application to Alcoa," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 17(3), pages 389-403, Autumn.
- Swan, Peter L, 1980. "Alcoa: The Influence of Recycling on Monopoly Power," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 88(1), pages 76-99, February.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1976. "Monopoly and the Rate of Extraction of Exhaustible Resources," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 66(4), pages 655-661, September.
- Soham Baksi & Ngo Van Long, 2009. "Endogenous Consumer Participation And The Recycling Problem ," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48(4), pages 281-295, December.
- Jean De Beir & Guillaume Girmens, 2009. "Alcoa re-Revisited: Recycling, Market Power and Environmental Policy," Economie Internationale, CEPII research center, issue 120, pages 37-52.
- Harold Hotelling, 1931. "The Economics of Exhaustible Resources," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 39, pages 137-137.
- Grant, Darren, 1999. "Recycling and market power: A more general model and re-evaluation of the evidence1," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 59-80, January.
- Gérard Gaudet & Ngo Van Long, 2003. "Recycling Redux: A Nash-Cournot Approach," The Japanese Economic Review, Japanese Economic Association, vol. 54(4), pages 409-419.
- Hollander, Abraham & Lasserre, Pierre, 1988.
"Monopoly and the preemption of competitive recycling,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 489-497.
- Hollander, A. & Lasserre, P., 1984. "Monopoly and the Preemption of Competitive Recycling," Cahiers de recherche 8428, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Gaudet, Gerard & Lassere, Pierre & Long, Ngo Van, 1995. "Optimal Resource Royalties with Unknown and Temporally Independent Extraction Cost Structures," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 36(3), pages 715-749, August.
- Martin, Robert E, 1982. "Monopoly Power and the Recycling of Raw Materials," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 30(4), pages 405-419, June.
More about this item
KeywordsMarket Power; Recycling; Cournot Competition; Capacity Constraint;
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
- L61 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - Metals and Metal Products; Cement; Glass; Ceramics
- L72 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Primary Products and Construction - - - Mining, Extraction, and Refining: Other Nonrenewable Resources
- D43 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Oligopoly and Other Forms of Market Imperfection
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fae:wpaper:2017.27. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mireille Chiroleu-Assouline). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/faereea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.