Transitions in a West African Labour Market: The Role of Social Networks
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Christophe Nordman & Laure Pasquier-Doumer, 2013. "Transitions in a West African Labour Market: The Role of Social Networks," Working Papers DT/2013/12, DIAL (Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation).
References listed on IDEAS
- Bocquier, Philippe & Nordman, Christophe J. & Vescovo, Aude, 2010.
"Employment Vulnerability and Earnings in Urban West Africa,"
Elsevier, vol. 38(9), pages 1297-1314, September.
- Philippe Bocquier & Christophe Nordman & Aude Vescovo, 2010. "Employment Vulnerability and Earnings in Urban West Africa," Working Papers DT/2010/05, DIAL (Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation).
- Horton, Susan, 1988. "Birth Order and Child Nutritional Status: Evidence from the Philippines," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 36(2), pages 341-354, January.
- Mohamed Jellal & Christophe Nordman & Francois-Charles Wolff, 2008.
"Evidence on the glass ceiling effect in France using matched worker-firm data,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(24), pages 3233-3250.
- Jellal, Mohamed & Nordman, Christophe & wolff, François charles, 2008. "Evidence on the glass ceiling effect in France using matched worker-firm data," MPRA Paper 38590, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Marcel Fafchamps, 2002. "Returns to social network capital among traders," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 54(2), pages 173-206, April.
- Lynne McCallister & Claude S. Fischer, 1978. "A Procedure for Surveying Personal Networks," Sociological Methods & Research, , vol. 7(2), pages 131-148, November.
- Jean-Philippe Berrou & François Combarnous, 2012.
"The Personal Networks of Entrepreneurs in an Informal African Urban Economy: Does the ‘Strength of Ties’ Matter?,"
Review of Social Economy,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 70(1), pages 1-30, July.
- François Combarnous & Jean-Philippe Berrou, 2012. "The personal networks of entrepreneurs in an informal African urban economy: does the "strength of ties" matter?," Post-Print hal-00681277, HAL.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/4294 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hoang, Ha & Antoncic, Bostjan, 2003. "Network-based research in entrepreneurship: A critical review," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 165-187, March.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/4377 is not listed on IDEAS
- Parrado, Eric & Caner, Asena & Wolff, Edward N., 2007. "Occupational and industrial mobility in the United States," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 435-455, June.
- Abigail M. Barr, 2002. "The Functional Diversity and Spillover Effects of Social Capital," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 11(1), pages 90-113, March.
- Michael Grimm & Flore Gubert & Ousman Koriko & Jann Lay & Christophe Jalil Nordman, 2013. "Kinship ties and entrepreneurship in Western Africa," Post-Print hal-01521952, HAL.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/13755 is not listed on IDEAS
- Fernández, Rosa M. & Nordman, Christophe J., 2009. "Are there pecuniary compensations for working conditions?," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 194-207, April.
- Laure Pasquier-Doumer, 2010. "Inequality of opportunity on the urban labour market in West Africa," Working Papers DT/2010/09, DIAL (Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- KUEPIE Mathias & TENIKUE Michel & WALTHER Olivier, 2014. "Small businesses performance in West African border regions: Do social networks pay off?," LISER Working Paper Series 2014-06, LISER.
- World Bank & Observatoire National de la Pauvreté et de l’Exclusion Sociale, 2014.
"Investing in People to Fight Poverty in Haiti : Reflections for Evidence-based Policy Making
[Haïti - Investir dans l’humain pour combattre la pauvreté : Éléments de réflexions pour la prise de déc," World Bank Other Operational Studies 21519, The World Bank.
More about this item
KeywordsSocial Network; Kinship; Labour Market Dynamics; Event History Data; Survival Analysis; Burkina Faso;
- D13 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Household Production and Intrahouse Allocation
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- L14 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Transactional Relationships; Contracts and Reputation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2018-01-08 (Africa)
- NEP-ALL-2018-01-08 (All new papers)
- NEP-IUE-2018-01-08 (Informal & Underground Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hal:wpaper:hal-01620160. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CCSD). General contact details of provider: https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/ .