The role of Social Networks on Household Business Performance in Vietnam: A qualitative assessment
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Stefano Bartolini & Luigi Bonatti, 2004. "Social Capital and its Role in Production: Does the Depletion of Social Capital Depress Economic Growth?," Department of Economics University of Siena 421, Department of Economics, University of Siena.
- Jean-Philippe Berrou & François Combarnous, 2012.
"The Personal Networks of Entrepreneurs in an Informal African Urban Economy: Does the ‘Strength of Ties’ Matter?,"
Review of Social Economy,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 70(1), pages 1-30, July.
- François Combarnous & Jean-Philippe Berrou, 2012. "The personal networks of entrepreneurs in an informal African urban economy: does the "strength of ties" matter?," Post-Print hal-00681277, HAL.
- Bosma, Niels & Hessels, Jolanda & Schutjens, Veronique & Praag, Mirjam Van & Verheul, Ingrid, 2012.
"Entrepreneurship and role models,"
Journal of Economic Psychology,
Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 410-424.
- Niels Bosma & Jolanda Hessels & Veronique Schutjens & Mirjam van Praag & Ingrid Verheul, 2011. "Entrepreneurship and Role Models," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 11-061/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Niels Bosma & Ingrid Verheul & Jolanda Hessels & Mirjam van Praag & Veronique Schutjens, 2011. "Entrepreneurship and Role Models," Scales Research Reports H201017, EIM Business and Policy Research.
- Sarah Turner & Phuong An Nguyen, 2005. "Young Entrepreneurs, Social Capital and Doi Moi in Hanoi, Vietnam," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 42(10), pages 1693-1710, September.
- Oliver Falck & Stephan Heblich & Elke Lüdemann, 2009. "Identity and Entrepreneurship," CESifo Working Paper Series 2661, CESifo Group Munich.
- Bruderl, Josef & Preisendorfer, Peter, 1998. "Network Support and the Success of Newly Founded Businesses," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 10(3), pages 213-225, May.
- Emmanuel Pannier & Gwenn Pulliat, 2016. "Échanges, dons et dettes. Réseaux sociaux et résilience dans le Vietnam d’aujourd’hui," Revue Tiers-Monde, Armand Colin, vol. 0(3), pages 95-121.
- Chi Huu Nguyen & Christophe J. Nordman, 2018.
"Household Entrepreneurship and Social Networks: Panel Data Evidence from Vietnam,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 54(4), pages 594-618, April.
- Huu Chi Nguyen & Christophe Nordman, 2014. "Household entrepreneurship and social networks:panel data evidence from Vietnam," Working Papers DT/2014/22, DIAL (Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation).
- Nguyen, Huu Chi & Nordman, Christophe Jalil, 2017. "Household Entrepreneurship and Social Networks: Panel Data Evidence from Vietnam," IZA Discussion Papers 10482, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Huu Chi Nguyen & Christophe Jalil Nordman, 2017. "Household Entrepreneurship and Social Networks: Panel Data Evidence from Vietnam," Working Papers hal-01619799, HAL.
- Hoang, Ha & Antoncic, Bostjan, 2003. "Network-based research in entrepreneurship: A critical review," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 165-187, March.
- Stam, Wouter & Arzlanian, Souren & Elfring, Tom, 2014. "Social capital of entrepreneurs and small firm performance: A meta-analysis of contextual and methodological moderators," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 152-173.
- repec:use:tkiwps:332 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kranton, Rachel E, 1996. "Reciprocal Exchange: A Self-Sustaining System," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(4), pages 830-851, September.
- repec:kap:sbusec:v:51:y:2018:i:3:d:10.1007_s11187-018-0076-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- William Bygrave & Michael Hay & Emily Ng & Paul Reynolds, 2003. "Executive forum: A study of informal investing in 29 nations composing the Global Entrepreneurship Monitor," Venture Capital, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(2), pages 101-116, April.
- Oliver Falck & Stephan Heblich & Elke Luedemann, 2012.
"Identity and entrepreneurship: do school peers shape entrepreneurial intentions?,"
Small Business Economics,
Springer, vol. 39(1), pages 39-59, July.
- Falck, Oliver & Heblich, Stephan & Lüdemann, Elke, 2012. "Identity and entrepreneurship: Do school peers shape entrepreneurial intentions?," Munich Reprints in Economics 20633, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Martin Andersson & Johan P Larsson, 2016. "Local entrepreneurship clusters in cities," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 16(1), pages 39-66.
- Abigail M. Barr, 2002. "The Functional Diversity and Spillover Effects of Social Capital," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 11(1), pages 90-113, March.
- Michael Grimm & Flore Gubert & Ousman Koriko & Jann Lay & Christophe Jalil Nordman, 2013. "Kinship ties and entrepreneurship in Western Africa," Post-Print hal-01521952, HAL.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/13755 is not listed on IDEAS
- Laure Pasquier-Doumer & Xavier Oudin & Nguyen Thang, 2017. "The Importance of household business and informal sector for inclusive growth in Vietnam," Post-Print hal-01827323, HAL.
- Birley, Sue, 1985. "The role of networks in the entrepreneurial process," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 107-117.
- Sarah Turner, 2009. "Hanoi's Ancient Quarter Traders: Resilient Livelihoods in a Rapidly Transforming City," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 46(5-6), pages 1203-1221, May.
- Peter Witt, 2004. "Entrepreneurs’ networks and the success of start-ups," Entrepreneurship & Regional Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(5), pages 391-412, September.
More about this item
KeywordsSocial network; strength of ties; informal sector; Vietnam.;
- L14 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Transactional Relationships; Contracts and Reputation
- L26 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Entrepreneurship
- O17 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Formal and Informal Sectors; Shadow Economy; Institutional Arrangements
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ENT-2018-10-15 (Entrepreneurship)
- NEP-ICT-2018-10-15 (Information & Communication Technologies)
- NEP-SBM-2018-10-15 (Small Business Management)
- NEP-SEA-2018-10-15 (South East Asia)
- NEP-SOC-2018-10-15 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:dia:wpaper:dt201813. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Loic Le Pezennec). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/diallfr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.