Transitions in a West African Labour Market: The Role of Social Networks
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Christophe Jalil Nordman & Laure Pasquier-Doumer, 2017. "Transitions in a West African Labour Market: The Role of Social Networks," Working Papers hal-01620160, HAL.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jean-Philippe Berrou & François Combarnous, 2012.
"The Personal Networks of Entrepreneurs in an Informal African Urban Economy: Does the ‘Strength of Ties’ Matter?,"
Review of Social Economy,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 70(1), pages 1-30, July.
- François Combarnous & Jean-Philippe Berrou, 2012. "The personal networks of entrepreneurs in an informal African urban economy: does the "strength of ties" matter?," Post-Print hal-00681277, HAL.
- Bocquier, Philippe & Nordman, Christophe J. & Vescovo, Aude, 2010.
"Employment Vulnerability and Earnings in Urban West Africa,"
Elsevier, vol. 38(9), pages 1297-1314, September.
- Philippe Bocquier & Christophe Nordman & Aude Vescovo, 2010. "Employment Vulnerability and Earnings in Urban West Africa," Working Papers DT/2010/05, DIAL (Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation).
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/4294 is not listed on IDEAS
- Horton, Susan, 1988. "Birth Order and Child Nutritional Status: Evidence from the Philippines," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 36(2), pages 341-354, January.
- Mohamed Jellal & Christophe Nordman & Francois-Charles Wolff, 2008.
"Evidence on the glass ceiling effect in France using matched worker-firm data,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(24), pages 3233-3250.
- Jellal, Mohamed & Nordman, Christophe & wolff, François charles, 2008. "Evidence on the glass ceiling effect in France using matched worker-firm data," MPRA Paper 38590, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hoang, Ha & Antoncic, Bostjan, 2003. "Network-based research in entrepreneurship: A critical review," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 165-187, March.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/4377 is not listed on IDEAS
- Marcel Fafchamps, 2002. "Returns to social network capital among traders," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 54(2), pages 173-206, April.
- Lynne McCallister & Claude S. Fischer, 1978. "A Procedure for Surveying Personal Networks," Sociological Methods & Research, , vol. 7(2), pages 131-148, November.
- Parrado, Eric & Caner, Asena & Wolff, Edward N., 2007. "Occupational and industrial mobility in the United States," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 435-455, June.
- Abigail M. Barr, 2002. "The Functional Diversity and Spillover Effects of Social Capital," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 11(1), pages 90-113, March.
- Michael Grimm & Flore Gubert & Ousman Koriko & Jann Lay & Christophe Jalil Nordman, 2013. "Kinship ties and entrepreneurship in Western Africa," Post-Print hal-01521952, HAL.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/13755 is not listed on IDEAS
- Fernández, Rosa M. & Nordman, Christophe J., 2009. "Are there pecuniary compensations for working conditions?," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 194-207, April.
- Laure Pasquier-Doumer, 2010. "Inequality of opportunity on the urban labour market in West Africa," Working Papers DT/2010/09, DIAL (Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- World Bank & Observatoire National de la Pauvreté et de l’Exclusion Sociale, 2014.
"Investing in People to Fight Poverty in Haiti : Reflections for Evidence-based Policy Making
[Haïti - Investir dans l’humain pour combattre la pauvreté : Éléments de réflexions pour la prise de déc," World Bank Other Operational Studies 21519, The World Bank.
- KUEPIE Mathias & TENIKUE Michel & WALTHER Olivier, 2014. "Small businesses performance in West African border regions: Do social networks pay off?," LISER Working Paper Series 2014-06, LISER.
More about this item
KeywordsFamily Network; Labour Market Dynamics; Event History Data; Survival; Analysis; Burkina Faso; Réseaux familiaux; dynamique du marché du travail; enquête biographique; modèle de durée.;
- D13 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Household Production and Intrahouse Allocation
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- L14 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Transactional Relationships; Contracts and Reputation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2014-01-17 (Africa)
- NEP-ALL-2014-01-17 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2014-01-17 (Development)
- NEP-SOC-2014-01-17 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:dia:wpaper:dt201312. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Loic Le Pezennec). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/diallfr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.