Variation across price segments and locations: A comprehensive quantile regression analysis of the Sydney housing market
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Case, Karl E. & Mayer, Christopher J., 1996.
"Housing price dynamics within a metropolitan area,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 26(3-4), pages 387-407, June.
- Karl E. Case & Christopher J. Mayer, 1995. "Housing Price Dynamics Within a Metropolitan Area," NBER Working Papers 5182, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Karl E. Case & Christopher J. Mayer, 1995. "Housing price dynamics within a metropolitan area," Working Papers 95-3, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Nicodemo, Catia & Raya, Josep Maria, 2012.
"Change in the distribution of house prices across Spanish cities,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 42(4), pages 739-748.
- Nicodemo, Catia & Raya, Josep M., 2012. "Change in the Distribution of House Prices across Spanish Cities," IZA Discussion Papers 6503, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Robert J. Hill & Daniel Melser, 2008. "Hedonic Imputation And The Price Index Problem: An Application To Housing," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 46(4), pages 593-609, October.
- McMillen, Daniel P., 2008. "Changes in the distribution of house prices over time: Structural characteristics, neighborhood, or coefficients?," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(3), pages 573-589, November.
- N. Edward Coulson & Daniel P. McMillen, 2007. "The Dynamics of Intraurban Quantile House Price Indexes," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 44(8), pages 1517-1537, July.
- Ariel Pakes, 2003.
"A Reconsideration of Hedonic Price Indexes with an Application to PC's,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 93(5), pages 1578-1596, December.
- Ariel Pakes, 2002. "A Reconsideration of Hedonic Price Indices with an Application to PC's," NBER Working Papers 8715, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Guerrieri, Veronica & Hartley, Daniel & Hurst, Erik, 2013.
"Endogenous gentrification and housing price dynamics,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 100(C), pages 45-60.
- Veronica Guerrieri & Daniel Hartley & Erik Hurst, 2010. "Endogenous gentrification and housing price dynamics," Working Paper 1008, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Veronica Guerrieri & Daniel Hartley & Erik Hurst, 2010. "Endogenous Gentrification and Housing Price Dynamics," NBER Working Papers 16237, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Erik Hurst & Daniel Hartley & Veronica Guerrieri, 2011. "Endogenous Gentrification and Housing Price Dynamics," 2011 Meeting Papers 1418, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- repec:eme:ijhmap:v:9:y:2016:i:4:p:648-670 is not listed on IDEAS
- Robert J. Hill, 2013. "Hedonic Price Indexes For Residential Housing: A Survey, Evaluation And Taxonomy," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 27(5), pages 879-914, December.
- Joachim Zietz & Emily Zietz & G. Sirmans, 2008.
"Determinants of House Prices: A Quantile Regression Approach,"
The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics,
Springer, vol. 37(4), pages 317-333, November.
- Joachim Zietz & Emily N. Zietz & G. Stacy Sirmans., 2007. "Determinants of House Prices: A Quantile Regression Approach," Working Papers 200706, Middle Tennessee State University, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Koenker, Roger W & Bassett, Gilbert, Jr, 1978. "Regression Quantiles," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(1), pages 33-50, January.
- Liao, Wen-Chi & Wang, Xizhu, 2012. "Hedonic house prices and spatial quantile regression," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 16-27.
- Stephen Mak & Lennon Choy & Winky Ho, 2010. "Quantile Regression Estimates of Hong Kong Real Estate Prices," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 47(11), pages 2461-2472, October.
- Eurostat, 2013. "Handbook on Residential Property Prices Indices," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 17280, July.
- Sofie R. Waltl, 2016. "A hedonic house price index in continuous time," International Journal of Housing Markets and Analysis, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 9(4), pages 648-670, October.
- Joshua Angrist & Victor Chernozhukov & Iván Fernández-Val, 2006.
"Quantile Regression under Misspecification, with an Application to the U.S. Wage Structure,"
Econometric Society, vol. 74(2), pages 539-563, March.
- Joshua Angrist & Victor Chernozhukov & Ivan Fernandez-Val, 2004. "Quantile Regression under Misspecification, with an Application to the U.S. Wage Structure," NBER Working Papers 10428, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert J. Hill & Michael Scholz, 2014. "Incorporating Geospatial Data in House Price Indexes: A Hedonic Imputation Approach with Splines," Graz Economics Papers 2014-05, University of Graz, Department of Economics.
- Roger Koenker & Ivan Mizera, 2004. "Penalized triograms: total variation regularization for bivariate smoothing," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 66(1), pages 145-163.
- Deng, Yongheng & McMillen, Daniel P. & Sing, Tien Foo, 2012. "Private residential price indices in Singapore: A matching approach," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 485-494.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Robert J. Hill & Miriam Steurer & Sofie R. Waltl, 2017.
"Owner Occupied Housing in the CPI and Its Impact On Monetary Policy During Housing Booms and Busts,"
Graz Economics Papers
2017-12, University of Graz, Department of Economics.
- HILL Robert J. & STEURER Miriam & WALTL Sofie R., 2018. "Owner Occupied Housing in the CPI and Its Impact On Monetary Policy During Housing Booms and Busts," LISER Working Paper Series 2018-05, LISER.
- McMillen, Daniel & Shimizu, Chihiro, 2017. "Decompositions of Spatially Varying Quantile Distribution Estimates: The Rise and Fall of Tokyo House Prices," HIT-REFINED Working Paper Series 74, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
More about this item
KeywordsHouse price indexes; Hedonic indexes; Time-dummy method; Imputation method; Quantile regression;
- C14 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Semiparametric and Nonparametric Methods: General
- C21 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Cross-Sectional Models; Spatial Models; Treatment Effect Models
- C43 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Index Numbers and Aggregation
- R31 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Real Estate Markets, Spatial Production Analysis, and Firm Location - - - Housing Supply and Markets
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:grz:wpaper:2015-09. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael Scholz). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vgrazat.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.