Procurement with Unenforceable Contract Time and the Law of Liquidated Damages
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Cesare Dosi & Michele Moretto, 2015. "Procurement with Unenforceable Contract Time and the Law of Liquidated Damages," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 31(1), pages 160-186.
References listed on IDEAS
- Juan José Ganuza, 2003. "Competition and cost overruns in procurement," Economics Working Papers 772, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Yeon-Koo Che, 1993.
"Design Competition through Multidimensional Auctions,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 24(4), pages 668-680, Winter.
- Che, Y.K., 1991. "Design Competition through Multidimensional Auctions," Working papers 9123, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Al-Najjar, Nabil I. & Anderlini, Luca & Felli, Leonardo, 2002.
CEPR Discussion Papers
3271, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Al-Najjar, Nabil & Anderlini, Luca & Felli, Leonardo, 2002. "Unforeseen contingencies," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 3578, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Nabil J Al-Najjar & Luca Anderlini & Leonardo Felli, 2002. "Unforeseen Contingencies," STICERD - Theoretical Economics Paper Series 431, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Calzolari, Giacomo & Spagnolo, Giancarlo, 2009. "Relational Contracts and Competitive Screening," CEPR Discussion Papers 7434, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Sergio Vergalli & Chiara D’Alpaos & Michele Moretto & Paola Valbonesi, 2009.
""It Is Never too late": Optimal Penalty for Investment Delay in Public Procurement Contracts,"
2009.78, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Chiara D'Alpaos & Michele Moretto & Paola Valbonesi & Sergio Vergalli, 2009. "It is never too late: Optimal penalty for investment delay in public procurement contracts," Working Papers 0907, University of Brescia, Department of Economics.
- Krishna, Vijay, 2009. "Auction Theory," Elsevier Monographs, Elsevier, edition 2, number 9780123745071.
- Peter M. DeMarzo & Ilan Kremer & Andrzej Skrzypacz, 2005.
"Bidding with Securities: Auctions and Security Design,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 95(4), pages 936-959, September.
- Peter M. DeMarzo & Ilan Kremer & Andrzej Skrzypacz, 2004. "Bidding With Securities: Auctions and Security Design," NBER Working Papers 10891, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andrzej Skrzypacz & Peter M. DeMarzo & Ilan Kremer, 2004. "Bidding with Securities: Auctions and Security Design," Econometric Society 2004 North American Winter Meetings 637, Econometric Society.
- Andrzej Skrzypacz & Peter M. DeMarzo & Ilan Kremer, 2004. "Bidding with Securities: Auctions and Security Design," Econometric Society 2004 North American Winter Meetings 641, Econometric Society.
- Manelli, Alejandro M & Vincent, Daniel R, 1995. "Optimal Procurement Mechanisms," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 63(3), pages 591-620, May.
- Michael Garvin & Charles Cheah, 2004. "Valuation techniques for infrastructure investment decisions," Construction Management and Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(4), pages 373-383.
- Cesare Dosi & Michele Moretto, 2013. "Auctioning Monopoly Franchises: Award Criteria and Rollout Obligations," Journal of Public Economic Theory, Association for Public Economic Theory, vol. 15(1), pages 53-75, February.
- Ram Singh, 2009. "Delays and Cost Overruns in Infrastructure Projects -- An Enquiry into Extents, Causes and Remedies," Working papers 181, Centre for Development Economics, Delhi School of Economics.
- McAfee, R Preston & McMillan, John, 1987. "Auctions and Bidding," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 25(2), pages 699-738, June.
- Samuel A. Rea, Jr., 1984. "Efficiency Implications of Penalties and Liquidated Damages," The Journal of Legal Studies, University of Chicago Press, vol. 13(1), pages 147-168, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cesare Dosi & Michele Moretto, 2017.
"Cost Uncertainty and Time Overruns in Public Procurement: a Scoring Auction for a Contract with Delay Penalties,"
2017.02, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Dosi, Cesare & Moretto, Michele, 2017. "Cost Uncertainty and Time Overruns in Public Procurement: a Scoring Auction for a Contract with Delay Penalties," ET: Economic Theory 253215, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM).
- Chiara D’Alpaos & Michele Moretto & Paola Valbonesi & Sergio Vergalli, 2013.
"Time overruns as opportunistic behavior in public procurement,"
Journal of Economics,
Springer, pages 25-43.
- Chiara D’Alpaos & Michele Moretto & Paola Valbonesi & Sergio Vergalli, 2012. "Time Overruns as Opportunistic Behavior in Public Procurement," Working Papers 2012.78, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
More about this item
KeywordsPublic Procurement; Fixed-Price Contracts; Cost Uncertainty; Time Overruns; Liquidated Damages; Real Options;
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
- D44 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Auctions
- D86 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Economics of Contract Law
- K12 - Law and Economics - - Basic Areas of Law - - - Contract Law
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-07-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-CTA-2012-07-14 (Contract Theory & Applications)
- NEP-MIC-2012-07-14 (Microeconomics)
- NEP-PPM-2012-07-14 (Project, Program & Portfolio Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fem:femwpa:2012.45. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (barbara racah). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/feemmit.html .