State Health Insurance and Out-of-Pocket Health Expenditures in Andhra Pradesh, India
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Victoria Fan & Anup Karan & Ajay Mahal, 2012. "State health insurance and out-of-pocket health expenditures in Andhra Pradesh, India," International Journal of Health Economics and Management, Springer, vol. 12(3), pages 189-215, September.
References listed on IDEAS
- Esther Duflo, 2003.
"Grandmothers and Granddaughters: Old-Age Pensions and Intrahousehold Allocation in South Africa,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 17(1), pages 1-25, June.
- Esther Duflo, 2000. "Grandmothers and Granddaughters: Old Age Pension and Intra-household Allocation in South Africa," NBER Working Papers 8061, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Iacus, Stefano M. & King, Gary & Porro, Giuseppe, 2011.
"Multivariate Matching Methods That Are Monotonic Imbalance Bounding,"
Journal of the American Statistical Association,
American Statistical Association, vol. 106(493), pages 345-361.
- Stefano Maria IACUS & Gary KING & Giuseppe PORRO, 2009. "Multivariate matching methods that are monotonic imbalance bounding," Departmental Working Papers 2009-51, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
- Stefano Iacus & Gary King & Giuseppe Porro, 2009. "Multivariate Matching Methods That are Monotonic Imbalance Bounding," UNIMI - Research Papers in Economics, Business, and Statistics unimi-1089, Universitá degli Studi di Milano.
- Tarozzi, Alessandro, 2007.
"Calculating Comparable Statistics From Incomparable Surveys, With an Application to Poverty in India,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 25, pages 314-336, July.
- Alessandro Tarozzi, 2004. "Calculating Comparable Statistics from Incomparable Surveys, with an Application to Poverty in India," Econometric Society 2004 North American Winter Meetings 280, Econometric Society.
- Aradhna Aggarwal, 2010. "Impact evaluation of India's ‘Yeshasvini’ community‐based health insurance programme," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(S1), pages 5-35, September.
- Wagstaff, Adam, 2008. "Measuring financial protection in health," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4554, The World Bank.
- Esther Duflo, 2001.
"Schooling and Labor Market Consequences of School Construction in Indonesia: Evidence from an Unusual Policy Experiment,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 91(4), pages 795-813, September.
- Esther Duflo, 2000. "Schooling and Labor Market Consequences of School Construction in Indonesia: Evidence from an Unusual Policy Experiment," NBER Working Papers 7860, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alberto Abadie, 2005. "Semiparametric Difference-in-Differences Estimators," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 72(1), pages 1-19.
- Matthew Jowett & Anil Deolalikar & Peter Martinsson, 2004. "Health insurance and treatment seeking behaviour: evidence from a low-income country," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(9), pages 845-857.
- Dror, David Mark & Koren, Ruth & Ost, Alexander & Binnendijk, Erika & Vellakkal, Sukumar & Danis, Marion, 2007. "Health insurance benefit packages prioritized by low-income clients in India: Three criteria to estimate effectiveness of choice," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 64(4), pages 884-896, February.
- Kosuke Imai & Gary King & Elizabeth A. Stuart, 2008. "Misunderstandings between experimentalists and observationalists about causal inference," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 171(2), pages 481-502.
- Gabriela Flores & Jaya Krishnakumar & Owen O'Donnell & Eddy van Doorslaer, 2008. "Coping with health-care costs: implications for the measurement of catastrophic expenditures and poverty," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(12), pages 1393-1412.
- Eddy van Doorslaer & Owen O'Donnell & Ravindra P. Rannan-Eliya & Aparnaa Somanathan & Shiva Raj Adhikari & Charu C. Garg & Deni Harbianto & Alejandro N. Herrin & Mohammed Nazmul Huq & Shamsia Ibragimo, 2007. "Catastrophic payments for health care in Asia," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(11), pages 1159-1184.
- Ho, Daniel & Imai, Kosuke & King, Gary & Stuart, Elizabeth A., 2011. "MatchIt: Nonparametric Preprocessing for Parametric Causal Inference," Journal of Statistical Software, Foundation for Open Access Statistics, vol. 42(i08).
- Das Gupta, Monica & Desikachari, B.R. & Somanathan, T.V. & Padmanaban, P., 2009. "How to improve public health systems : lessons from Tamil Nadu," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5073, The World Bank.
- Krishna, Anirudh, 2004. "Escaping Poverty and Becoming Poor: Who Gains, Who Loses, and Why?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 121-136, January.
- Angus Deaton & Valerie Kozel, 2005. "Data and Dogma: The Great Indian Poverty Debate," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 20(2), pages 177-199.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Azam, Mehtabul, 2018.
"Does Social Health Insurance Reduce Financial Burden? Panel Data Evidence from India,"
Elsevier, vol. 102(C), pages 1-17.
- Azam, Mehtabul, 2016. "Does Social Health Insurance Reduce Financial Burden? Panel Data Evidence from India," IZA Discussion Papers 10018, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Mehtabul Azam, 2016. "Does Social Health Insurance Reduce Financial Burden? Panel Data Evidence from India," Economics Working Paper Series 1703, Oklahoma State University, Department of Economics and Legal Studies in Business.
- Adam Wagstaff & Daniel Cotlear & Patrick Hoang-Vu Eozenou & Leander R. Buisman, 2016.
"Measuring progress towards universal health coverage: with an application to 24 developing countries,"
Oxford Review of Economic Policy,
Oxford University Press, vol. 32(1), pages 147-189.
- Wagstaff,Adam & Cotlear,Daniel & Eozenou,Patrick Hoang-Vu & Buisman,Leander Robert, 2015. "Measuring progress towards universal health coverage: with an application to 24 developing countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7470, The World Bank.
- Dhanaraj, Sowmya, 2014.
"Health shocks and coping strategies: State health insurance scheme of Andhra Pradesh, India,"
WIDER Working Paper Series
003, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Sowmya Dhanaraj, 2015. "Health Shocks and Coping Strategies: State Health Insurance Scheme of Andhra Pradesh, India," Working Papers 2015-120, Madras School of Economics,Chennai,India.
- repec:spr:jsecdv:v:19:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s40847-017-0040-4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bergkvist, Sofi & Wagstaff, Adam & Katyal, Anuradha & Singh, Prabal V. & Samarth, Amit & Rao, Mala, 2014. "What a difference a state makes : health reform in Andhra Pradesh," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6883, The World Bank.
- repec:eee:socmed:v:181:y:2017:i:c:p:83-92 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordshealth insurance; health expenditure; tertiary care; poverty; India; Andhra Pradesh; southern India; poverty line; households; Aarogyasri; scheduled caste; scheduled tribe households; medical impoverishment; insurance; population; revenue generation; public and private providers;
- I18 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Government Policy; Regulation; Public Health
- I38 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Government Programs; Provision and Effects of Welfare Programs
- G22 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Insurance; Insurance Companies; Actuarial Studies
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ess:wpaper:id:5032. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash). General contact details of provider: http://www.esocialsciences.org .