State Health Insurance and Out-of-Pocket Health Expenditures in Andhra Pradesh, India
In 2007, the state of Andhra Pradesh in southern India began rolling out the Aarogyasri health insurance to reduce catastrophic health expenditures in households â€œbelow the poverty line.â€ The program and the districts are evaluated over time to evaluate the impacts of the scheme using difference-in-differences. [Working Paper No. 298]. URL:[http://www.cgdev.org/files/1426275_file_Fan_Karanb_Mahald_state_health_insurance_FINAL.pdf]
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Tarozzi, Alessandro, 2007.
"Calculating Comparable Statistics From Incomparable Surveys, With an Application to Poverty in India,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 25, pages 314-336, July.
- Alessandro Tarozzi, 2004. "Calculating Comparable Statistics from Incomparable Surveys, with an Application to Poverty in India," Econometric Society 2004 North American Winter Meetings 280, Econometric Society.
- Dror, David Mark & Koren, Ruth & Ost, Alexander & Binnendijk, Erika & Vellakkal, Sukumar & Danis, Marion, 2007. "Health insurance benefit packages prioritized by low-income clients in India: Three criteria to estimate effectiveness of choice," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 64(4), pages 884-896, February.
- Esther Duflo, 2001.
"Schooling and Labor Market Consequences of School Construction in Indonesia: Evidence from an Unusual Policy Experiment,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 91(4), pages 795-813, September.
- Esther Duflo, 2000. "Schooling and Labor Market Consequences of School Construction in Indonesia: Evidence from an Unusual Policy Experiment," NBER Working Papers 7860, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Aradhna Aggarwal, 2010. "Impact evaluation of India's ‘Yeshasvini’ community‐based health insurance programme," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(S1), pages 5-35, September.
- Alberto Abadie, 2005. "Semiparametric Difference-in-Differences Estimators," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 72(1), pages 1-19.
- Kosuke Imai & Gary King & Elizabeth A. Stuart, 2008. "Misunderstandings between experimentalists and observationalists about causal inference," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 171(2), pages 481-502.
- Eddy van Doorslaer & Owen O'Donnell & Ravindra P. Rannan-Eliya & Aparnaa Somanathan & Shiva Raj Adhikari & Charu C. Garg & Deni Harbianto & Alejandro N. Herrin & Mohammed Nazmul Huq & Shamsia Ibragimo, 2007. "Catastrophic payments for health care in Asia," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(11), pages 1159-1184.
- Iacus, Stefano M. & King, Gary & Porro, Giuseppe, 2011.
"Multivariate Matching Methods That Are Monotonic Imbalance Bounding,"
Journal of the American Statistical Association,
American Statistical Association, vol. 106(493), pages 345-361.
- Stefano Iacus & Gary King & Giuseppe Porro, 2009. "Multivariate Matching Methods That are Monotonic Imbalance Bounding," UNIMI - Research Papers in Economics, Business, and Statistics unimi-1089, Universitá degli Studi di Milano.
- Stefano Maria IACUS & Gary KING & Giuseppe PORRO, 2009. "Multivariate matching methods that are monotonic imbalance bounding," Departmental Working Papers 2009-51, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
- Krishna, Anirudh, 2004. "Escaping Poverty and Becoming Poor: Who Gains, Who Loses, and Why?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 121-136, January.
- Gabriela Flores & Jaya Krishnakumar & Owen O'Donnell & Eddy van Doorslaer, 2008. "Coping with health-care costs: implications for the measurement of catastrophic expenditures and poverty," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(12), pages 1393-1412.
- Das Gupta, Monica & Desikachari, B.R. & Somanathan, T.V. & Padmanaban, P., 2009. "How to improve public health systems : lessons from Tamil Nadu," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5073, The World Bank.
- Matthew Jowett & Anil Deolalikar & Peter Martinsson, 2004. "Health insurance and treatment seeking behaviour: evidence from a low-income country," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(9), pages 845-857.
- Ho, Daniel & Imai, Kosuke & King, Gary & Stuart, Elizabeth A., 2011. "MatchIt: Nonparametric Preprocessing for Parametric Causal Inference," Journal of Statistical Software, Foundation for Open Access Statistics, vol. 42(i08).
- Wagstaff, Adam, 2008. "Measuring financial protection in health," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4554, The World Bank.
- Esther Duflo, 2000.
"Grandmothers and Granddaughters: Old Age Pension and Intra-household Allocation in South Africa,"
NBER Working Papers
8061, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Esther Duflo, 2003. "Grandmothers and Granddaughters: Old-Age Pensions and Intrahousehold Allocation in South Africa," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 17(1), pages 1-25, June.
- Angus Deaton & Valerie Kozel, 2005. "Data and Dogma: The Great Indian Poverty Debate," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 20(2), pages 177-199.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ess:wpaper:id:5032. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.