Health insurance benefit packages prioritized by low-income clients in India: Three criteria to estimate effectiveness of choice
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Doris Wiesmann & Johannes Jütting, 2000. "The emerging movement of community based health insurance in sub-Saharan Africa: Experiences and lessons learned," Africa Spectrum, Institute of African Affairs, GIGA German Institute of Global and Area Studies, Hamburg, vol. 35(2), pages 193-210.
- Joanna Coast, 2001. "Citizens, their agents and health care rationing: an exploratory study using qualitative methods," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 10(2), pages 159-174.
- De Allegri, Manuela & Sanon, Mamadou & Bridges, John & Sauerborn, Rainer, 2006. "Understanding consumers' preferences and decision to enrol in community-based health insurance in rural West Africa," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 76(1), pages 58-71, March.
- Rajeev Ahuja & Johannes Jutting, 2004. "Are the poor too poor to demand health insurance?," Indian Council for Research on International Economic Relations, New Delhi Working Papers 118, Indian Council for Research on International Economic Relations, New Delhi, India.
- Dong, Hengjin & Mugisha, Frederick & Gbangou, Adjima & Kouyate, Bocar & Sauerborn, Rainer, 2004. "The feasibility of community-based health insurance in Burkina Faso," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 45-53, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Faden, Laura & Vialle-Valentin, Catherine & Ross-Degnan, Dennis & Wagner, Anita, 2011. "Active pharmaceutical management strategies of health insurance systems to improve cost-effective use of medicines in low- and middle-income countries: A systematic review of current evidence," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 100(2), pages 134-143.
- Syed M. Ahsan & Shubhasish Barua & Jaimie Tax, 2010.
"Toward an Efficient and Sustainable Microinsurance Market: The Regulatory Perspective,"
2, Institute of Microfinance (InM).
- Ahsan, Syed M. & Barua, Shubhasish & Tax, Jaimie, 2010. "Toward an efficient and sustainable Microinsurance market: The regulatory perspective," MPRA Paper 35816, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Panda, P. & Chakraborty, A. & Dror, D.M. & Bedi, A.S., 2013. "Enrollment in community based health insurance schemes in rural Bihar and Uttar Pradesh, India," ISS Working Papers - General Series 555, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
- Abiiro, Gilbert Abotisem & Torbica, Aleksandra & Kwalamasa, Kassim & De Allegri, Manuela, 2014. "Eliciting community preferences for complementary micro health insurance: A discrete choice experiment in rural Malawi," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 120(C), pages 160-168.
- Victoor, Aafke & Hansen, Johan & van den Akker-van Marle, M. Elske & van den Berg, Bernard & van den Hout, Wilbert B. & de Jong, Judith D., 2014. "Choosing your health insurance package: A method for measuring the public's preferences for changes in the national health insurance plan," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 117(2), pages 257-265.
- Victoria Fan & Anup Karan & Ajay Mahal, 2012.
"State health insurance and out-of-pocket health expenditures in Andhra Pradesh, India,"
International Journal of Health Economics and Management,
Springer, vol. 12(3), pages 189-215, September.
- Victoria Fan & Anup Karan & Ajay Mahal, 2012. "State Health Insurance and Out-of-Pocket Health Expenditures in Andhra Pradesh, India," Working Papers id:5032, eSocialSciences.
- Victoria Fan, Anup Karan, and Anjay Mahal, 2012. "State Health Insurance and Out-of-Pocket Health Expenditures in Andhra Pradesh, India - Working Paper 298," Working Papers 298, Center for Global Development.
- Rama Pal, 2012. "Measuring incidence of catastrophic out-of-pocket health expenditure: with application to India," International Journal of Health Economics and Management, Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 63-85, March.
- repec:eee:socmed:v:196:y:2018:i:c:p:131-141 is not listed on IDEAS
- Koen Rossel-Cambier, 2011. "Is Combined Microfinance an Instrument to enhance Sustainable Pro-Poor Public Policy Outcomes?," Working Papers CEB 11-013, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
More about this item
KeywordsIndia Benefit package design Low-income population Rationing choices Access to healthcare Health insurance;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:64:y:2007:i:4:p:884-896. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.