Risk Management among the Poor: The Case of Microfinancial Services
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Fafchamps, Marcel & Udry, Christopher & Czukas, Katherine, 1998.
"Drought and saving in West Africa: are livestock a buffer stock?,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 273-305, April.
- Marcel Fafchamps & Chris Udry & Katherine Czukas, "undated". "Drought and Saving in West Africa: Are Livestock a Buffer Stock?," Working Papers 97013, Stanford University, Department of Economics.
- Sharma, Manohar, 2000. "Microfinance," MP05 briefs 0, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Sarmistha Pal, 2002. "Household sectoral choice and effective demand for rural credit in India," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(14), pages 1743-1755.
- M. M. Pitt & S. R. Khandker, 2002. "Credit Programmes for the Poor and Seasonality in Rural Bangladesh," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(2), pages 1-24.
- Dror, David Mark & Radermacher, Ralf & Koren, Ruth, 2007. "Willingness to pay for health insurance among rural and poor persons: Field evidence from seven micro health insurance units in India," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 82(1), pages 12-27, June.
- Mikkel Barslund & Finn Tarp, 2008.
"Formal and Informal Rural Credit in Four Provinces of Vietnam,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(4), pages 485-503, April.
- Mikkel Barslund & Finn Tarp, 2007. "Formal and Informal Rural Credit in Four Provinces of Vietnam," Discussion Papers 07-07, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Mirko Bendig & Lena Giesbert & Susan Steiner, 2009.
"Savings, Credit, and Insurance: Household Demand for Formal Financial Services in Rural Ghana,"
Brooks World Poverty Institute Working Paper Series
7609, BWPI, The University of Manchester.
- Mirko Bendig & Lena Giesbert & Susan Steiner, 2009. "Savings, Credit and Insurance: Household Demand for Formal Financial Services in Rural Ghana," GIGA Working Paper Series 94, GIGA German Institute of Global and Area Studies.
- Kochar, Anjini, 1997. "An empirical investigation of rationing constraints in rural credit markets in India," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(2), pages 339-371, August.
- Gin, Xavier & Yang, Dean, 2009.
"Insurance, credit, and technology adoption: Field experimental evidencefrom Malawi,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 89(1), pages 1-11, May.
- Gine, Xavier & Yang, Dean, 2007. "Insurance, credit, and technology adoption : field experimental evidence from Malawi," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4425, The World Bank.
- Xavier Giné & Robert Townsend & James Vickery, 2008.
"Patterns of Rainfall Insurance Participation in Rural India,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 22(3), pages 539-566, October.
- Xavier Giné & Robert M. Townsend & James Vickery, 2007. "Patterns of rainfall insurance participation in rural India," Staff Reports 302, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Gine, Xavier & Townsend, Robert & Vickery, James, 2007. "Patternsof rainfall insurance participation in rural India," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4408, The World Bank.
- Gulnur MURADOGLU & Fatma TASKIN, 1996. "Differences In Household Savings Behavior: Evidence From Industrial And Developing Countries," The Developing Economies, Institute of Developing Economies, vol. 34(2), pages 138-153, June.
- Ranjula Bali Swain, 2002. "Credit Rationing In Rural India," Journal of Economic Development, Chung-Ang Unviersity, Department of Economics, vol. 27(2), pages 1-20, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- David Hulme & Thankom Arun, 2011. "What’s wrong and right with microfinance – missing an angle on responsible finance?," Brooks World Poverty Institute Working Paper Series 15511, BWPI, The University of Manchester.
More about this item
Keywordsfinancial markets; financial services; microinsurance; Sri Lanka; South Asia;
- G20 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - General
- O16 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Financial Markets; Saving and Capital Investment; Corporate Finance and Governance
- R22 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Other Demand
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp5174. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .