Improving Reading Skills by Encouraging Children to Read: A Randomized Evaluation of the Sa Aklat Sisikat Reading Program in the Philippines
An evaluation of a program that aims to improve childrenÃ¢â¬â¢s reading skills by providing classes with age‐appropriate reading material and incentivizing children to read through a 31 day read‐athon. [Working paper No. 305]. URL: [http://ipl.econ.duke.edu/bread/papers/working/305.pdf].
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hanushek, Eric A. & Woessmann, Ludger, 2007. "The role of education quality for economic growth," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4122, The World Bank.
- Jishnu Das & Stefan Dercon & James Habyarimana & Pramila Krishnan & Karthik Muralidharan & Venkatesh Sundararaman, 2013.
"School Inputs, Household Substitution, and Test Scores,"
American Economic Journal: Applied Economics,
American Economic Association, vol. 5(2), pages 29-57, April.
- Das, Jishnu & Dercon, Stefan & Habyarimana, James & Krishnan, Pramila & Muralidharan, Karthik & Sundararaman, Venkatesh, 2011. "School inputs, household substitution, and test scores," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5629, The World Bank.
- Jishnu Das & Stefan Dercon & James Habyarimana & Pramila Krishnan & Karthik Muralidharan & Venkatesh Sundararaman, 2011. "School Inputs, Household Substitution, and Test Scores," NBER Working Papers 16830, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hanushek, Eric A, 1995.
"Interpreting Recent Research on Schooling in Developing Countries,"
World Bank Research Observer,
World Bank Group, vol. 10(2), pages 227-46, August.
- Eric A. Hanushek, . "Interpreting Recent Research on Schooling in Developing Countries," Wallis Working Papers WP3, University of Rochester - Wallis Institute of Political Economy.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ess:wpaper:id:4312. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.