International Credit and Welfare: A Paradoxical Theorem and Its Policy Implications
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Basu, Kaushik & Morita, Hodaka, 2006. "International credit and welfare: A paradoxical theorem and its policy implications," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 50(6), pages 1507-1528, August.
References listed on IDEAS
- Basu, K., 1991. "The International Debt Problem, Credit Rationing, and Loan Pushing: Theory and Experience," Princeton Studies in International Economics 70, International Economics Section, Departement of Economics Princeton University,.
- Ashwini Deshpande, 1999. "Loan Pushing and Triadic Relations," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 65(4), pages 914-926, April.
- Fernandez, Raquel & Glazer, Jacob, 1990.
"The scope for collusive behavior among debtor countries,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 297-313, April.
- Raquel Fernandez & Jacob Glazer, 1989. "The Scope for Collusive Behavior Among Debtor Countries," NBER Working Papers 2980, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David H. Romer & Jeffrey A. Frankel, 1999. "Does Trade Cause Growth?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(3), pages 379-399, June.
- Hansen, Henrik & Tarp, Finn, 2001. "Aid and growth regressions," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(2), pages 547-570, April.
- Eaton, Jonathan, 1989. "Foreign public capital flows," Handbook of Development Economics,in: Hollis Chenery & T.N. Srinivasan (ed.), Handbook of Development Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 25, pages 1305-1386 Elsevier.
- Anant, T. C. A. & Basu, Kaushik & Mukherji, Badal, 1995. "A model of monopoly with strategic government intervention," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(1), pages 25-43, May.
- David Dollar & Craig Burnside, 2000. "Aid, Policies, and Growth," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(4), pages 847-868, September.
- Jeffrey D. Sachs & Andrew Warner, 1995.
"Economic Reform and the Process of Global Integration,"
Brookings Papers on Economic Activity,
Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 26(1, 25th A), pages 1-118.
- Jeffrey Sachs & Andrew Warner, 1995. "Economic Reform and the Progress of Global Integration," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1733, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Dan Ben-David, 1993. "Equalizing Exchange: Trade Liberalization and Income Convergence," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 108(3), pages 653-679.
- Heywood Fleisig & Catharine Hill, 1984. "The Benefits and Costs of Official Export Credit Programs," NBER Chapters,in: The Structure and Evolution of Recent U.S. Trade Policy, pages 321-358 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Basu, Kaushik & Varoudakis, Aristomene, 2013. "How to move the exchange rate if you must: the diverse practice of foreign exchange intervention by central banks and a proposal for doing it better," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6460, The World Bank.
- Basu , Kaushik & Stiglitz, Joseph E., 2013. "International lending, sovereign debt and joint liability : an economic theory model for amending the treaty of Lisbon," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6555, The World Bank.
- Antonis Adam & Thomas Moutos, 2012. "Capital Importers Pay More for their Imports," CESifo Working Paper Series 3723, CESifo Group Munich.
- Basu, Kaushik, 2012. "How to devalue exchange rates, without building up reserves: Strategic theory for central banking," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 117(3), pages 758-761.
- Adam, Antonis & Moutos, Thomas, 2014. "Do capital importing countries pay higher prices for their imports of goods?," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 95-108.
More about this item
- F30 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - General
- L10 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - General
- O10 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ecl:corcae:05-04. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cacorus.html .