How to move the exchange rate if you must: the diverse practice of foreign exchange intervention by central banks and a proposal for doing it better
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Basu, Kaushik & Morita, Hodaka, 2006.
"International credit and welfare: A paradoxical theorem and its policy implications,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 50(6), pages 1507-1528, August.
- Basu, Kaushik & Morita, Hodaka, 2005. "International Credit and Welfare: A Paradoxical Theorem and Its Policy Implications," Working Papers 05-04, Cornell University, Center for Analytic Economics.
- Gustavo Adler & Camilo E Tovar Mora, 2011. "Foreign Exchange Intervention; A Shield Against Appreciation Winds?," IMF Working Papers 11/165, International Monetary Fund.
- Koray Alper & Hakan Kara & Mehmet Yorukoglu, 2013.
"Reserve Options Mechanism,"
Central Bank Review,
Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey, vol. 13(1), pages 1-14.
- Koray Alper & A. Hakan Kara & Mehmet Yorukoglu, 2012.
"Reserve Option Mechanism
[Rezerv Opsiyonu Mekanizmasi]," CBT Research Notes in Economics 1228, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey.
- Koray Alper & A. Hakan Kara & Mehmet Yorukoglu, 2012. "Reserve Option Mechanism
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Frankel, Jeffrey, 2017. "Systematic Managed Floating," Working Paper Series rwp17-025, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Basu Kaushik, 2014. "The Art of Currency Manipulation: How Some Profiteer by Deliberately Distorting Exchange Rates," Journal of Globalization and Development, De Gruyter, vol. 4(2), pages 199-211, February.
More about this item
KeywordsDebt Markets; Emerging Markets; Currencies and Exchange Rates; Economic Stabilization; Economic Theory&Research;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-06-04 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2013-06-04 (Central Banking)
- NEP-MON-2013-06-04 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:6460. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.