How to move the exchange rate if you must: the diverse practice of foreign exchange intervention by central banks and a proposal for doing it better
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Basu, Kaushik & Morita, Hodaka, 2006.
"International credit and welfare: A paradoxical theorem and its policy implications,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 50(6), pages 1507-1528, August.
- Basu, Kaushik & Morita, Hodaka, 2005. "International Credit and Welfare: A Paradoxical Theorem and Its Policy Implications," Working Papers 05-04, Cornell University, Center for Analytic Economics.
- Gustavo Adler & Camilo E Tovar Mora, 2011. "Foreign Exchange Intervention; A Shield Against Appreciation Winds?," IMF Working Papers 11/165, International Monetary Fund.
- Koray Alper & Hakan Kara & Mehmet Yorukoglu, 2013.
"Reserve Options Mechanism,"
Central Bank Review,
Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey, vol. 13(1), pages 1-14.
- Koray Alper & A. Hakan Kara & Mehmet Yorukoglu, 2012.
"Reserve Option Mechanism
[Rezerv Opsiyonu Mekanizmasi]," CBT Research Notes in Economics 1228, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey.
- Koray Alper & A. Hakan Kara & Mehmet Yorukoglu, 2012. "Reserve Option Mechanism
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Basu Kaushik, 2014. "The Art of Currency Manipulation: How Some Profiteer by Deliberately Distorting Exchange Rates," Journal of Globalization and Development, De Gruyter, vol. 4(2), pages 199-211, February.
More about this item
KeywordsDebt Markets; Emerging Markets; Currencies and Exchange Rates; Economic Stabilization; Economic Theory&Research;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-06-04 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2013-06-04 (Central Banking)
- NEP-MON-2013-06-04 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:6460. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .