Effects of trade openness on the steady-state growth rates of selected Asian countries with an extended exogenous growth model
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Rao, B. Bhaskara & Singh, Rup, 2007. "Effects of Trade Openness on the Steady State Growth Rates of Selected Asian Countries with an Extended Exogenous Growth Model," MPRA Paper 5851, University Library of Munich, Germany.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kevin D. Hoover & Stephen J. Perez, 2004.
"Truth and Robustness in Cross-country Growth Regressions,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics,
Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 66(5), pages 765-798, December.
- Kevin D. Hoover & Stephen J. Perez, "undated". "Truth and Robustness in Cross-country Growth Regressions," Department of Economics 01-01, California Davis - Department of Economics.
- Kevin Hoover & Harris Dellas, 2003. "Truth and Robustness in Cross-country Growth Regressions," Working Papers 11, University of California, Davis, Department of Economics.
- David H. Romer & Jeffrey A. Frankel, 1999. "Does Trade Cause Growth?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(3), pages 379-399, June.
- Neil R. Ericsson & James G. MacKinnon, 2002.
"Distributions of error correction tests for cointegration,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 5(2), pages 285-318, June.
- Neil R. Ericsson & James G. MacKinnon, 1999. "Distributions of error correction tests for cointegration," International Finance Discussion Papers 655, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Neil R. Ericsson & James G. MacKinnon, 2000. "Distributions of Error Correction Tests for Cointegration," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 0561, Econometric Society.
- Barro, Robert J & Sala-i-Martin, Xavier, 1997.
"Technological Diffusion, Convergence, and Growth,"
Journal of Economic Growth,
Springer, vol. 2(1), pages 1-26, March.
- Barro, Robert J. & Sala-i-Martin, Xavier, 1995. "Technological Diffusion, Convergence and Growth," CEPR Discussion Papers 1255, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Sala-i-martin, X. & Barro, R.J., 1995. "technological Diffusion, Convergence and Growth," Papers 735, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
- Robert J. Barro & Xavier Sala-i-Martin, 1995. "Technological Diffusion, Convergence, and Growth," NBER Working Papers 5151, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert J. Barro & Xavier Sala-i-Martin, 1995. "Technological diffusion, convergence and growth," Economics Working Papers 116, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Padma Desai (ed.), 1997. "Going Global: Transition from Plan to Market in the World Economy," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262041618, January.
- David Dollar & Craig Burnside, 2000. "Aid, Policies, and Growth," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(4), pages 847-868, September.
- Robert E. Baldwin, 2004.
"Openness and Growth: What's the Empirical Relationship?,"
NBER Chapters,in: Challenges to Globalization: Analyzing the Economics, pages 499-526
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert E. Baldwin, 2003. "Openness and Growth: What's the Empirical Relationship?," NBER Working Papers 9578, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- T. N. Srinivasan & Jagdish Bhagwati, 1999.
"Outward-Orientation and Development: Are Revisionists Right,"
806, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- Srinivasan, T.N. & Bhagwati, J., 1999. "Outward-Orientation and Development: Are Revisionist Right?," Papers 806, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
- Michael A. Clemens & Steven Radelet & Rikhil Bhavnani, 2004.
"Counting chickens when they hatch: The short-term effect of aid on growth,"
- Michael Clemens & Steven Radelet & Rikhil Bhavnani, 2004. "Counting Chickens When They Hatch: The Short-term Effect of Aid on Growth," Working Papers 44, Center for Global Development.
- Robert E. Baldwin & L. Alan Winters, 2004. "Challenges to Globalization: Analyzing the Economics," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number bald04-1, June.
- David Dollar & Aart Kraay, 2004. "Trade, Growth, and Poverty," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 114(493), pages 22-49, February.
- Edwards, Sebastian, 1992.
"Trade orientation, distortions and growth in developing countries,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 31-57, July.
- Sebastian Edwards, 1991. "Trade Orientation, Distortions and Growth in Developing Countries," NBER Working Papers 3716, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Johnson, Simon & Mitton, Todd, 2003.
"Cronyism and capital controls: evidence from Malaysia,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 67(2), pages 351-382, February.
- Simon Johnson & Todd Mitton, 2001. "Cronyism and Capital Controls: Evidence from Malaysia," NBER Working Papers 8521, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dan Ben-David, 1993. "Equalizing Exchange: Trade Liberalization and Income Convergence," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 108(3), pages 653-679.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- B. Bhaskara Rao & Artur Tamazian & Krishna Chaitanya Vadlamannati, 2011.
"Growth effects of a comprehensive measure of globalization with country-specific time series data,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(5), pages 551-568.
- Rao, B. Bhaskara & Tamazian, Artur & Vadlamannati, Krishna Chaitanya, 2008. "Growth Effects of a Comprehensive Measure of Globalization with Country Specific Time Series Data," MPRA Paper 7917, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kumar, Ronald Ravinesh & Stauvermann, Peter Josef & Loganathan, Nanthakumar & Kumar, Radika Devi, 2015. "Exploring the role of energy, trade and financial development in explaining economic growth in South Africa: A revisit," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 1300-1311.
- Rao, B. Bhaskara & Singh, Rup, 2009. "Panel data estimates of the growth and level effects of human capital in the selected Asian countries," MPRA Paper 19082, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Zohreh Shirani Fakhr & Azita Sheikhbahaie, 2008. "Openness, Growth, and Development: Evidence from a Panel of East Asian Countries," Iranian Economic Review, Economics faculty of Tehran university, vol. 13(2), pages 157-174, fall.
- Rup Singh, 2015. "Forces of economic growth in China, India, and other Asian countries," Asian-Pacific Economic Literature, Asia Pacific School of Economics and Government, The Australian National University, vol. 29(1), pages 62-81, May.
- repec:kap:ecopln:v:51:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s10644-016-9198-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ronald Kumar & Peter Stauvermann, 2014. "Exploring the nexus between remittances and economic growth: a study of Bangladesh," International Review of Economics, Springer;Happiness Economics and Interpersonal Relations (HEIRS), vol. 61(4), pages 399-415, December.
- Kumar, Ronald Ravinesh & Stauvermann, Peter Josef & Patel, Arvind & Kumar, Radika Devi, 2014. "Exploring the effects of energy consumption on output per worker: A study of Albania, Bulgaria, Hungary and Romania," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 575-585.
- Ronald Ravinesh Kumar & Peter Josef Stauvermann & Arvind Patel, 2016. "Exploring the link between research and economic growth: an empirical study of China and USA," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 50(3), pages 1073-1091, May.
More about this item
- O33 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Technological Change: Choices and Consequences; Diffusion Processes
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:applec:v:42:y:2010:i:29:p:3693-3702. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEC20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.