Panel data estimates of the growth and level effects of human capital in the selected Asian countries
This paper uses an extension to the Solow growth model to estimate the level and growth effects of human capital. Empirical results for a panel of 10 Asian countries from 1960-2003 show that both the growth and level effects of human capital are positive and significant.
|Date of creation:||09 Dec 2009|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bond, Stephen Roy & Hoeffler, Anke & Temple, Jonathan, 2001.
"GMM Estimation of Empirical Growth Models,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
3048, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521117562 is not listed on IDEAS
- Rao, B. Bhaskara & Singh, Rup, 2007.
"Effects of Trade Openness on the Steady State Growth Rates of Selected Asian Countries with an Extended Exogenous Growth Model,"
5851, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- B. Bhaskara Rao & Rup Singh, 2010. "Effects of trade openness on the steady-state growth rates of selected Asian countries with an extended exogenous growth model," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(29), pages 3693-3702.
- Mankiw, N Gregory & Romer, David & Weil, David N, 1992.
"A Contribution to the Empirics of Economic Growth,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 107(2), pages 407-37, May.
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1988. "On the mechanics of economic development," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 3-42, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:19082. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.